North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

*any Close By Experienced Hptuners*

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 06:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*any Close By Experienced Hptuners*

i had gotten a really good tune a few months ago with some other cobalts on here from Matt over at tune time...
i have my own hptuners, i've been seeing some knock in my tune when i tried to check some logs on the new tune...
are there any guys around my area that knows the hptuner software inside and out and can assist me with tweaking my tune on the street? i have a afr guage, i have the software already and don't need to purchase credits...i would greatly appreciate anyon that could help me 1st hand with the street tuning...i would also compensate for the time taking out your day to assist...
thanks ahead of time...

i just don't know the software or tuning process myself to try and mess with it...don't want my car to blow up...lol
Old 02-19-2009, 06:39 AM

bump...come on, someone has to know this program or know someone who does...lol help a brother out
Old 02-19-2009, 11:43 AM

what do you wanna know bro
Old 02-19-2009, 12:49 PM

^^honestly, i'm looking for someone who can actually get in my car with the hptuners and do the logs with me and help get out the knock that i'm seeing...i'm running a little rich too, not too bad...but i want to get my current tune looked at on the road by someone who knows what they're doing/looking for...i'm not even a newb at hpt, lol...i won't dare to try and change anything myself lol...
it was tuned on a mustang dyno, BIG DIFFERENCE from the tune i had originally had in there from someone else (done completely wrong too)...
like i said, seeing some knock and i know that a street tune is much different than a dyno tune done with only 3rd gear...
Old 02-19-2009, 05:55 PM

Your a bit far
Old 02-20-2009, 06:38 AM

^^i know, but if someone REALLY KNOWS what they're doing and are only a state away, i'd make the trip out there myself to get this done...that's how serious i am with getting this baby street tuned...i wake up already everyday at 4am, so if i had to get up early to start a few hours worth of a trip, i can do it...that's not an issue for me, finding some help is the issue, lol...
it runs awesome, but i think it can run a little bit better cause of the knock i saw in it...
Old 02-20-2009, 08:38 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm in NYC but moving to Orange county NY in a few weeks.
Old 02-20-2009, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by 06blackg85ss
I'm in NYC but moving to Orange county NY in a few weeks.

so are you saying you could help me out before you more or what? lol if so let's work something out for sometime soon...
Old 02-20-2009, 02:52 PM

im pretty good with it, im sure we can get it sorted out
Old 02-20-2009, 02:56 PM

hey rodimus can you fix my gas gauge? lol...zzp flashed it with their tune a while back and the gas gauge is weird, empty is now full and the half way mark is almost empty, i could use a f/a adjustment too to lean it out a bit, its rich as a ****...what would ya charge? pm me
Old 02-20-2009, 03:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know much, but when are you knocking?

Like randomly under load?

When shifting?

Also, what is a little rich?

If you call up Matt and explain this to him, he will change it for free most likely
Old 02-20-2009, 03:11 PM

^^^ agreed.... since you got dyno tuned by Matt, your in their system and you can go back for adjustments and retunes. i'm sure he'll fix it
Old 02-20-2009, 03:14 PM

BCP(06blackg85ss) is the man you wanna see. Best Cobalt tuner out there. Period.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RedlineBrian
BCP(06blackg85ss) is the man you wanna see. Best Cobalt tuner out there. Period.
ahem.

first things first, you say you got a "real good tune" from this matt fellow, yet your seeing knock. if its actual knock caused by improper tune, and not excess load, ect then its not a good tune. at all.

none the less, go to the HPT forums and post your data logs,myself along with many of us are on there, it'll be easy to down load the log and see whats going on.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by 06black
ahem.

first things first, you say you got a "real good tune" from this matt fellow, yet your seeing knock. if its actual knock caused by improper tune, and not excess load, ect then its not a good tune. at all.

none the less, go to the HPT forums and post your data logs,myself along with many of us are on there, it'll be easy to down load the log and see whats going on.
well, i had a Ron9919 tune on it 1st...but when he attempted to tune it for meth, i'm lucky my car didn't explode lol...so after Matt from tune time removed all that info and started it off from scratch again, my car was running really awesome compared to my previous tune...
when i ran it to see the tune itself on the road, i was getting a knock in 3rd at the same point each time...my boy Dom has my hptuner cable so i couldn't get to running it again and posting up the logs...but we're meeting up soon again to re-do some logs on both of our cars...

i'd take it back to this guy Matt again, but he only dyno tunes, no road tuning...plus he said he's never seen any knock in any of his tunes...so i'd like to get it looked at by someone who knows all this stuff and on the road...that's all...

oh and since i got the wideband installed, i keep seeing 10/9 at full throttle...i thought it should be around 11/4-11/8 or so...

Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
im pretty good with it, im sure we can get it sorted out
awesome man! thanks...i know there's a meet being planned on the rlforums for a sonic meet on april 11th, not sure if it's going around on here...but i'm going to pm you my # and we'll see what's up...
thanks again

Last edited by silverredline; 02-21-2009 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-22-2009, 12:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by silverredline
well, i had a Ron9919 tune on it 1st...but when he attempted to tune it for meth, i'm lucky my car didn't explode lol...so after Matt from tune time removed all that info and started it off from scratch again, my car was running really awesome compared to my previous tune...
when i ran it to see the tune itself on the road, i was getting a knock in 3rd at the same point each time...my boy Dom has my hptuner cable so i couldn't get to running it again and posting up the logs...but we're meeting up soon again to re-do some logs on both of our cars...

i'd take it back to this guy Matt again, but he only dyno tunes, no road tuning...plus he said he's never seen any knock in any of his tunes...so i'd like to get it looked at by someone who knows all this stuff and on the road...that's all...

oh and since i got the wideband installed, i keep seeing 10/9 at full throttle...i thought it should be around 11/4-11/8 or so...

awesome man! thanks...i know there's a meet being planned on the rlforums for a sonic meet on april 11th, not sure if it's going around on here...but i'm going to pm you my # and we'll see what's up...
thanks again
i've heard bad things from this Ron fellow.

so you have KR and an overly rich AFR, sounds exactly like a dyno tune that was never tested on the street. thus, it'll be easy to sort out.

none the less when you get your cable back, let us know, post the longs on the HPT boards, and go from there.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:50 AM

ill be at the dave and busters meet on april 25th, Rons car was pretty fast when he had it I saw it at a few meets

I've saw a few cars with a knock issue in 3rd, in the situation I was working on it was too lean, but being to rich can cause it too
Old 02-23-2009, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by 06black
i've heard bad things from this Ron fellow.

so you have KR and an overly rich AFR, sounds exactly like a dyno tune that was never tested on the street. thus, it'll be easy to sort out.

none the less when you get your cable back, let us know, post the longs on the HPT boards, and go from there.
i've heard bad too about Ron, but when he tuned my car with everything but the meth, my car was running pretty good, never had any issues...

as soon as i get up with Dom, i'll start making logs, you make it sound easy to fix but i have no idea how to mess with the tuning, lol...hence, why i'm looking for some help 1 on 1 with it...lol

Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
ill be at the dave and busters meet on april 25th, Rons car was pretty fast when he had it I saw it at a few meets

I've saw a few cars with a knock issue in 3rd, in the situation I was working on it was too lean, but being to rich can cause it too
yeah his car was pretty fast, we pretty much had the same power mods and tunes, our cars used to run neck and neck with eachother from a roll...but he never did meth tuning before and he had me at 32 degrees of timing!! lol
i'm at like, 23-25 degrees or so??? when the guy pulled up the tune, he was so shocked at it that he saved it to show his friends...lol plus i got a lot more power and all from this current tune...
with rons, i was putting down 248whp-237wtq on a dyno jet without meth...currently putting down 266-248 on a mustang dyno

Last edited by silverredline; 02-23-2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost