North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

To all the pocono people

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all the pocono people

Well, I'm thinking of moving AGAIN...lol I know, I know....Texas in the long run just wouldn't have worked.

What are the high's and low's of living up there?

I pretty much have been in the poconos every summer weekend since I was 6 months old, so I know what it's about somewhat.

I am looking primarily at the Stroudsburg area since that's what I'm used to, and it seems to be the most "built-up" part.

I see that part of the poconos as a gold mine right now. Think about it (to those that know that specific area), Wal Mart, Home Depot, BJ's, Target, etc. etc. has all been built within the past 5 years and they're still building........

So any suggestions, comments, etc. etc. would be appreciated!

**I will be commuting 75 miles each way everyday back and forth to Jersey as well, with the ptotential to transfer jobs closer to the poconos**
Old 06-05-2007, 11:15 PM

i like it ask and ill tell u everything i kno about it cuz i live there but im currently commuting to reading and philly depending where my company wants me
Old 06-06-2007, 09:22 PM

Are the winters really that bad up there?

I don't know if you really watch the real estate market up there...but if you do, how is it?

Has it been steadily rising or is it just leveled out?
Old 06-08-2007, 06:53 PM

sry for the late response. i was stationed in philly for the last week. the winters arent really too bad i feel. i mean i get around just fine with my cobalt. the last couple winters we've gotten more ice storms than actual snow storms. it really depends on the type of winter we get for a given year will determine how much snow or ice we will get. if you live more in the state of PA or on a mountain ur gonna get alot more snow. It really depends on location. The roads arent too bad but they arent great they usually do a decent job on all major roads. examples 209, 611, 715, i-80 parts of 380. real estate also depends where u decide to locate. the used house market is not doing well right now so you probably can do alrite in buying a used house. as for new houses or built houses they are usually alot higher and land prices have gone up alot in recent years due to the lack of land left. any questions just reply or pm me.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:41 PM

We went with the real estate agent on Sunday and looked around Stroudsburg and East Stroudsburg. I like the communities called "Saw Creek Estates" (right up behind Aldi's on 611) and "Blue Creek Mountain" which I really liked as well. We were in another one called saw mill or something which wasn't that great...almost "ghetto" like.

The only thing that discouraged me was the fact that these houses were all on lots about 8 times the size of my current one yet none of that land was really usable.........all trees and rocks...I want actual lawns and I'm not willing to pay someone $30k extra to clear all that
Old 06-13-2007, 12:52 AM

the further away you get from stroudsburg the cheaper the houses become in most cases. the prices tend to be a lil bit higher due to convience of location. look around and ull be happy with the results.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by eazyasone23
the further away you get from stroudsburg the cheaper the houses become in most cases. the prices tend to be a lil bit higher due to convience of location. look around and ull be happy with the results.

Yea, we're going to keep looking. It doesn't hurt to look but I'm sure the end result will be staying right here in good ol' dirty jersey...lol