North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Any one in Delaware out there

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ORT
Ummmmmm......yeah beautiful would be a pretty good word to use haha. But will she show for a meet? Probably not anymore hahaha
why not? I'm always down for a meet...
Old 02-20-2008, 02:02 PM

yea she'll show. that is what makes her cool like that. plus i know for a fact she'd whoop ur ass, haha. how good are you at installing sound systems ORT?
Old 02-20-2008, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by rallycobalt06
yea she'll show. that is what makes her cool like that. plus i know for a fact she'd whoop ur ass, haha. how good are you at installing sound systems ORT?
Lol well first off I was kidding atleast about her not showing.....she is gorgeous though. Second she probably out weighs me by a few pounds (you've seen me Matt lol im a ******* bean pole) so it won't be a fair fight lol. third what do you need installed?

p.s. Id still be willing to fight her.....bring it!!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 02:19 PM

yea you are a bean pole, but with good taste in cars, haha. well once i get my tax returns back i'm going on another spending spree and i was thinking of buying my amps and a sub (to replace the factory one) and possibly some more tv's.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:32 PM

yea you are a bean pole, but with good taste in cars, haha. well once i get my tax returns back i'm going on another spending spree and i was thinking of buying my amps and a sub (to replace the factory one) and possibly some more tv's.
Cool cool, let me know its realllll easy in our cars cause the batteries in the back. But If you buy a sub...please buy another box and don't try and get it in the factory sub space. Nowwww as far as TV's were would you put them?? Wiring them up is pretty simple, but then if you were to say want them in the headrest.....definatly gonna need them reapholstered(sp?) but yeah let me know lol.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by ORT
Cool cool, let me know its realllll easy in our cars cause the batteries in the back. But If you buy a sub...please buy another box and don't try and get it in the factory sub space. Nowwww as far as TV's were would you put them?? Wiring them up is pretty simple, but then if you were to say want them in the headrest.....definatly gonna need them reapholstered(sp?) but yeah let me know lol.
y not try to put it in the factory sub box? i have plans to put a lot of tv's in my car. so i'm highly considering just taking my car to my professional installer and let him have the car for a week or two.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:54 PM

y not try to put it in the factory sub box? i have plans to put a lot of tv's in my car. so i'm highly considering just taking my car to my professional installer and let him have the car for a week or two.
We can try...just very very small haha. How many tv's we talking here? theres a dude down my way who does that kind of stuff, fiberglass and everything headrest, visors. haha he had like 24 or 25 tv's in his navigator before he sold it. He did my buddys blazer...good work too.
Old 02-20-2008, 02:57 PM

ORT, you try selling your balt?
Old 02-20-2008, 03:11 PM

Ehh I could...but Ill end up still ahve to owe on my loan....sooo I dunno if its worth it yah know? I still owe somewere in the 9,xxx range :-X haha soooo I dunno
Old 02-20-2008, 03:25 PM

find out what your kelly blue book is on your car. i dont know exactly how many tv's i want to put in but when i am completely done with the SS and it becomes a show car....i'll end up with atleast 12-15 tv's. i have a nice list of mods i want to do to my SS as soon as it's paid off.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by ORT
Yeah my nose is starting to bleed as we speak, and my eyes are both swollen lol

Was just thinking, anyone know of anyone around this area selling a set of stock headlights?
I am in Newark, I have an extra set of stock headlights. I am looking for a set of aftermarket headlights...preferable black in color if anyone has those!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:28 PM

I have the black projectors from ebay if thats what you mean. Or do you want like black painted OEM ones?
Old 02-20-2008, 03:30 PM

projectors or painted stockers...it doesn't really matter as long as they are black lol
Old 02-20-2008, 03:36 PM

lol we can swap if you want? its up to you? or i could buy your extra set off you??? haha
Old 02-20-2008, 03:44 PM

swap would be great as long as they are in good shape and stuff. I work in Wilmington at an auto shop so I am pretty much available whenever on nights/weekends. If you wanted to meet sometime after work or on the weekend we could do the swap there and you could just have the stockers off my car that are on there now. I just got the car 6 months ago so they are in excellent shape!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by CapoFreak83
swap would be great as long as they are in good shape and stuff. I work in Wilmington at an auto shop so I am pretty much available whenever on nights/weekends. If you wanted to meet sometime after work or on the weekend we could do the swap there and you could just have the stockers off my car that are on there now. I just got the car 6 months ago so they are in excellent shape!
I see I see, yeahhh there not in bad shape you'll have to look at them....its wierd like the tops are like fading? but its not discolored its like its shedding almost haha I dunno you can take a look at them if you want, Up to you.

find out what your kelly blue book is on your car. i dont know exactly how many tv's i want to put in but when i am completely done with the SS and it becomes a show car....i'll end up with atleast 12-15 tv's. i have a nice list of mods i want to do to my SS as soon as it's paid off.
here it is.....I put in that I had DVD and Navigation...cause well....it does lol but I put it under good condition. so heres the break down:

Condition Value
Excellent
$9,360
Good
$8,715

Fair
$7,885

I dunno though think I could get more or less for my mods?

Last edited by ORT; 02-20-2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-20-2008, 04:36 PM

well mods dont add value to your car if your trading it in. if your selling it out right.....yes mods can increase the value. when i ever go to get rid of my SS you better believe i'm selling it out right and with all the mods possible.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:34 PM

yeah ORT I'll take a look, unless you have some pics. I will be out of town this weekend, but I am around next week or next weekend, whatever works for you.

RALLY---, mods don't increase the value of the car at all. The only way they increase the value is if you can find some schmuck to pay over the KBB value, which unless they are desperate for a modded car or are 16 yrs old its highly unlikely. We all know you spent thousands of dollars upgrading your car, but I hate to tell you this, when you sell your car, its almost worthless. The reason that it is worthless is that the person who is buying it will almost certainly have to go to a bank to get a loan. When a bank figures out how much money they will give a person, they look in a small (in Wisconsin its yellow) book to determine a vehicles value based on make, model, body style, engine, and mileage. It doesn't say anything in there about that awesome stereo, $1000 body kit, $5000 paint job, $1200 rims, or $600 tires. Its worthless. The best advice to those who have upgraded your cars is to part it out, whatever you can, before selling it. Return it back to as close to stock as you can before selling it. That is the only way you will come even close to recovering any of the money that you have spent modifying your car.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by CapoFreak83
RALLY---, mods don't increase the value of the car at all. The only way they increase the value is if you can find some schmuck to pay over the KBB value, which unless they are desperate for a modded car or are 16 yrs old its highly unlikely. We all know you spent thousands of dollars upgrading your car, but I hate to tell you this, when you sell your car, its almost worthless. The reason that it is worthless is that the person who is buying it will almost certainly have to go to a bank to get a loan. When a bank figures out how much money they will give a person, they look in a small (in Wisconsin its yellow) book to determine a vehicles value based on make, model, body style, engine, and mileage. It doesn't say anything in there about that awesome stereo, $1000 body kit, $5000 paint job, $1200 rims, or $600 tires. Its worthless. The best advice to those who have upgraded your cars is to part it out, whatever you can, before selling it. Return it back to as close to stock as you can before selling it. That is the only way you will come even close to recovering any of the money that you have spent modifying your car.
yea i understand what your saying, but if you look at my previous post i said that it CAN increase the value. it all depends on how you sell it. yes you can part it out and get back as much money as possible but if you can sell the whole car with mods for a decent price then do it. i never said that mods increase the value of the car, i said that it CAN. maybe he'll get lucky and some schmuck will have cash. you never know until you try. if someone low ***** him....he can easily say that he'll do the deal without the rims and stereo. i've watched my grandfather flip cars and i've worked at a car dealership, so i've seen it done before. if it was me personally, i'd take the wheels off definately. it's quick and easy and if it's a younger person who buys the car, just simple mention to him that you have some rims for the car if he is interested and work on a side deal with cash.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:47 AM

yea i understand what your saying, but if you look at my previous post i said that it CAN increase the value. it all depends on how you sell it. yes you can part it out and get back as much money as possible but if you can sell the whole car with mods for a decent price then do it. i never said that mods increase the value of the car, i said that it CAN. maybe he'll get lucky and some schmuck will have cash. you never know until you try. if someone low ***** him....he can easily say that he'll do the deal without the rims and stereo. i've watched my grandfather flip cars and i've worked at a car dealership, so i've seen it done before. if it was me personally, i'd take the wheels off definately. it's quick and easy and if it's a younger person who buys the car, just simple mention to him that you have some rims for the car if he is interested and work on a side deal with cash.
Yeahh I have a guy I work with who has a friend that buys cars like mine and swaps everything kinda. He said he would definatly ask his friend. If not.....would you want to help me swap everything????? Please....?? lol
Old 02-21-2008, 08:51 AM

what are you thinking will come off of your car? i've done de-installs on some of my previous cars but they weren't the cleanest, haha.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:58 AM

Wheels, and springs...mainly the springs cause I don't have a spring sompressor or air tools.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by ORT
Wheels, and springs...mainly the springs cause I don't have a spring sompressor or air tools.
well...when were you thinking of doing this? i have air tools in my garage.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:10 AM

Dunno Have to see if the car even sells haha. Think I may put it on craigslist?? We shall see.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:13 AM

i think..... www.modifiedcars.com is a site where you could post it. we can have everything put back to stock within a couple of hours. i know those springs like the back of my hand. if anything we'll have to go down to my uncle's lift, unless you have access to one up there.

Quick Reply: Any one in Delaware out there