North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

NJ racetrack

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I may be going down....I have work sat morning at 7 a.m. so depends on how late we get back from the track
Old 11-15-2007, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltSSChick
best tip I can give you...DEEP STAGE
that would be the worst tip u could give some. Deep staging means ure closer to the finish. The closer u are the less mph u have. You want to shallow stage

btw why cant this happen at a real track? U guys do realize that ure wasting ure clutches by going to island right?
Old 11-15-2007, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by laloosh
that would be the worst tip u could give some. Deep staging means ure closer to the finish. The closer u are the less mph u have. You want to shallow stage

btw why cant this happen at a real track? U guys do realize that ure wasting ure clutches by going to island right?
You can look at it either way...but that's what she meant...also shallow sounds like it's up close....

Island isn't a real track? Man, we must be halucinating then and going to an imaginary track FTW

Dude, so it isn't the best track...if you don't want to go to island with us, so be it. You can go to atco or etown since I believe friday is etowns last day.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by memphisr24
You can look at it either way...but that's what she meant

Island isn't a real track? Man, we must be halucinating then and going to an imaginary track FTW

Dude, so it isn't the best track...if you don't want to go to island with us, so be it. You can go to atco or etown since I believe friday is etowns last day.
please stop doubting what i tell every1. Staging deep is the LAST THING U WANT TO POSSIBLY DUE UNLESS U ARE BRACKET RACING. Think this through. Staging shallow means u get an extra couple of inches to get moving before the time starts, the only thing it hurts is ure reaction time. STaging deep, the second u move the timer turns.....which one would u prefer?

As for island.....im going to assume u have never been there, when u come back tomorrow and post "what a shithole in the ground" ill just laugh.

It one thing to go there and get good races in to see who's car is faster, its another thing to go there thinking ure going to run a good time.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:37 PM

I realize that, but you aren't listening to what i'm saying. I said I knew what she meant and also it CAN be looked at either way.

And I just said, island isn't the best track. You have a very negative attitude
Old 11-15-2007, 02:39 PM

I realize that, but you aren't listening to what i'm saying. I said I knew what she meant and also it CAN be looked at either way.

And I just said, island isn't the best track. You have a very negative attitude
No it cant be looked at either way...theres one way to look at staging deep, and thats for bracket racing. As far as my attitude....sorry ive been doing thing for a long time and dont go unless its worth it, to a place thats worth it. Etown by the way sucks ass as well. If in the future u ever want to go to a real track, go to atco or cecil
Old 11-15-2007, 02:42 PM

Well all I know is that I knew what she meant by what she said...

But thanks for the heads up...however this is more of a fun thing...we aren't taking things too seriously

Off Topic: WHeels look good
Old 11-15-2007, 02:47 PM

Well all I know is that I knew what she meant by what she said...

But thanks for the heads up...however this is more of a fun thing...we aren't taking things too seriously

Off Topic: WHeels look good
thx, like i said i understand its one thing to go out and race ure buddy to see whose faster down the 1/4, but u will not get any PBs at this track. I actually might show up to race some1 and shut him up with no excuses. Not sure yet though.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thx, like i said i understand its one thing to go out and race ure buddy to see whose faster down the 1/4, but u will not get any PBs at this track. I actually might show up to race some1 and shut him up with no excuses. Not sure yet though.
you should come. i don't really care about times, i just want to run my car a little bit and hang out with people. i'm probably not going to do so good anyways since i've never been to the track, and don't even really have much practice launchin. but driving an hour west beats driving to south jersey on a friday after work
Old 11-15-2007, 03:04 PM

It was said a few times already, the trakc is a **** whole. But its also a good time.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by RuSSo-29
It was said a few times already, the trakc is a **** whole. But its also a good time.
lol, i dunno we must have different ideas of a good time at the track. For me a good time is going to a track that is NHRA and well maintained, not some mom and pop hole in the ground with uneven pavement and a driveway for a shut down area. Make this **** happen at atco, its cheaper, and ull get more runs.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:36 PM

Adam, I think TTP (Tune Time) might just end up doing all my work. Was talking with edubs and a few other guys in the Jersey powa thread and Tune TIme sounds like a good bet to have all my work done. Not that your vette place isn't good, just think Im gunna go that way.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Adam, I think TTP (Tune Time) might just end up doing all my work. Was talking with edubs and a few other guys in the Jersey powa thread and Tune TIme sounds like a good bet to have all my work done. Not that your vette place isn't good, just think Im gunna go that way.
hey bro, pm me your # for tomorrow. and adam, i had your but i lost it when my phone broke but if you're with russo i guess i don't need it.

so what time we meeting up
Old 11-15-2007, 04:54 PM

well heres what Im thinking. I'll be out ouf work Before 4. Home and changed all up by 4:30. Head up to my dads from there with adam either in my car or with both our cars. So I should be at my dads around 5ish. Pretty much just to have my cuz follow me from there.So i'm thinking we leave Butler 5:00-5:15. We should be up aroun 6:30 from that time...... If I can get out of work a lil sooner, I'll try and let u guys know.

Adam, i'll aslo need your #, i don't think I ever saved it. I think when ever I want it, I call keegan for it! lol

Last edited by RuSSo-29; 11-15-2007 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-15-2007, 05:05 PM

Wow, maybe Im taking you the wrong way, but you seem nasty nasty nasty! Deep staging IS for your reaction time, I never said it was to help your ET or MPH...it can actually hurt you depending on how deep you go...and it was already said that island is a shithole...its for ***** and giggles and to have fun..if we were lookin to throw some excellent numbers, we would go to a better prepped track..I've been drag racing since I was pretty much a little kid, so I know a lot more than people give me credit for. I can drive wherever, but it seems to be the closest for the majority of people and therefore thats why we're going there...end of story...
Old 11-15-2007, 05:10 PM

^^^
Old 11-15-2007, 05:12 PM

I mean seriously wtf?
Old 11-15-2007, 05:14 PM

Oh wow...I was wrong about the whole thing. Learn something new every day

Don't mind laloosh, he has that way of talking that gets to everyone...From what Kevin says, he doesn't mean to be mean

Originally Posted by CobaltSSChick
I mean seriously wtf?
Yo so when are you going to let me drive that 7 second dragster huh? lol jk

Last edited by memphisr24; 11-15-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-15-2007, 05:18 PM

Oh wow...I was wrong about the whole thing. Learn something new every day

Don't mind laloosh, he has that way of talking that gets to everyone...From what Kevin says, he doesn't mean to be mean

Yo so when are you going to let me drive that 7 second dragster huh? lol jk
Its going to go mid 7's next year once we get the motor refreshened and the chassis re-certified
Old 11-15-2007, 05:19 PM

please come and shut matt up!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:39 PM

nope im going to a real track to but out a 13.2
Old 11-15-2007, 11:49 PM

So...got the car back.....It's installed wrong...somethings wrong...Chatters when clutch is pressed down all the way...LOUD vibration noise in 4th gear while decelerating at around 3000 rpm...and merging onto the highway, it feels like the clutch and flywheel want to just seperate (weird noise and slight vibration...can't explain it)...Going back tomorrow to see whats up
Old 11-16-2007, 12:11 AM

nope im going to a real track to but out a 13.2
SHUCKS! and we were all hoping U would join us... I don't see how we'll have a good time now

So...got the car back.....It's installed wrong...somethings wrong...Chatters when clutch is pressed down all the way...LOUD vibration noise in 4th gear while decelerating at around 3000 rpm...and merging onto the highway, it feels like the clutch and flywheel want to just seperate (weird noise and slight vibration...can't explain it)...Going back tomorrow to see whats up
And Tune Time looks even better now lol

Last edited by RuSSo-29; 11-16-2007 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-16-2007, 12:15 AM

SHUCKS! and we were all hoping U would join us... I don't see how we'll have a good time now

And Tune Time looks even better now lol
I don't think it's their fault....to be honest wiht you, I think I have the first batch of Spec clutches...If you don't know about that, they made clutches for our cars and they FREAKIN SUCKED..poor design or something..and I bought this clutch a long time ago..before I did like any mods to my car.

He said my stock cluthc was in excellent condition...My jaw dropped! I was like...are you sure? He's like yeah....i'm like you did take it out of that cobalt right? lol He showed me the clutch and besides some heat marks it looks fine...So I kept it...and i'm thinking about going back to stock lol (that is if they can't figure out what the chattering noise is...but it might be the throw out bearing/actuator since I didn't replace that because it's like 120 bux)
Old 11-16-2007, 12:47 AM

u did a clutch job and didnt replace the throw out bearing? Thats ure mistake

clutch in chatter = tob
clutch out chatter = input shaft

Quick Reply: NJ racetrack