North East PA, NY, NJ, DE, MD, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, and ME

Pittsburgh Crew < You

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 07:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey PGH Guys......

Any of you that are thinking of running @ BR this year for Auto-X... here's a rule that I mentioned in the above post, but here's the thread in RacePA about it from a board member...

This is NOT meant to single anyone out, nor is it to **** anyone off, but it's just to make it easier for all of us working the course.

http://www.racepa.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4882
Old 04-26-2007, 08:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will be taping inside the window. I am NOT putting **** on my paint for any reason what so ever. CPR uses TOTALLY different numbering from SCR and NHSCC, so I'm NOT getting number plates just to run a few events here and there. We'll see how that flies. If it doesn't, oh well, so be it.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM

Just FYI for anyone that forgot...the Pittsburgh Auto Show will be from tonight (Thursday April 26th) until Monday April 30th.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:02 AM

Hahaha, I meant to post something about that the other day. I think Wes and I are going Saturday. Not sure yet though.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by alleycat58
I will be taping inside the window. I am NOT putting **** on my paint for any reason what so ever. CPR uses TOTALLY different numbering from SCR and NHSCC, so I'm NOT getting number plates just to run a few events here and there. We'll see how that flies. If it doesn't, oh well, so be it.
Yeah, I understand that... and so do they.

I believe they are going to try to get some generic #'s and letters to let people borrow for the event, but that's not something I think has happened.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up, so no one goes and then gets ticked off and storms out vowing never to return.

Originally Posted by The Sunburst Kid
Just FYI for anyone that forgot...the Pittsburgh Auto Show will be from tonight (Thursday April 26th) until Monday April 30th.
Saturday I will be working the TNT for Autocross @ BR..... and then spending the night in the burgh w/ my cousin. I'm not driving and parking anywhere, since my car will be fully loaded with race tires, tools and a jack.

Last edited by LittleStealthSS; 04-26-2007 at 09:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-26-2007, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by LittleStealthSS
Yeah, I understand that... and so do they.

I believe they are going to try to get some generic #'s and letters to let people borrow for the event, but that's not something I think has happened.
So long as I can put numbers in the rear quarter windows, I'm fine. I show up and they say "Nope, we don't accept those anymore, here's some magnets." With NOTHING to prep the paint with, I'm outta there.

I'm not opposed to simply the idea of magnets, Josh taught me how to put them on and do it RIGHT so that there's no damage done to the paint (there has to be absolutely NO dirt, not even a speck or two, on the surface or the magnets scratch the hell out of the paint).

The reason I can't do permanent numbers is because CPR doesn't have car numbers, they have slot numbers. You pick where you want to run week to week. I have a FAIRLY regular number (312), but there are some times when I want to run a different heat either because it looks like rain in the afternoon or because I want to run 1st heat so I can leave after the 2nd heat.

We'll see how it goes, if it is going to be a problem, then I'll deal with it then. I'm not too worried about it for the time being.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:40 AM

Well to be honest ( and not to sound like a preek ) if you worry that much about the paint from magnet on your car, you should keep it in the garage. You get more damage from a truck in front of you than tape, or a magnet will ever do in 4 hours.

My car is black and with everything I put my car thru it's just fine.

Also... if they do NOT have something to prep your car with... come see me. I always have window cleaner and quick detailer with me and shop rags, towels, etc....
Old 04-26-2007, 09:55 AM

Well to be honest ( and not to sound like a preek ) if you worry that much about the paint from magnet on your car, you should keep it in the garage. You get more damage from a truck in front of you than tape, or a magnet will ever do in 4 hours.

My car is black and with everything I put my car thru it's just fine.

Also... if they do NOT have something to prep your car with... come see me. I always have window cleaner and quick detailer with me and shop rags, towels, etc....
I understand about road hazards, and I can deal with chips and such on the front of the car. I plan on getting it repainted in about another year anyway and covered with the 3M film to keep it protected. I just see no reason to put something on the paint that is completely and totally unnecessary.

A lot of this goes back, again, to an incident that happened a couple years ago between me, Melissa, and certain members there who are complete and total ********. In fact, had it not been for said individuals, I probably would have become a member through SCR and run every single event there.

Not a big deal, so long as the weather's nice on Sunday, I may be out if I feel the car's up for it just for fun and to have a good time. Still checking/comparing schedules to see what other events I can make it to.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:14 AM

I understand about road hazards, and I can deal with chips and such on the front of the car. I plan on getting it repainted in about another year anyway and covered with the 3M film to keep it protected. I just see no reason to put something on the paint that is completely and totally unnecessary.

A lot of this goes back, again, to an incident that happened a couple years ago between me, Melissa, and certain members there who are complete and total ********. In fact, had it not been for said individuals, I probably would have become a member through SCR and run every single event there.

Not a big deal, so long as the weather's nice on Sunday, I may be out if I feel the car's up for it just for fun and to have a good time. Still checking/comparing schedules to see what other events I can make it to.
Something I just thought of.....

Buy that new Paint that washes off in soap & water, but not rain. They even make it in clearcoat too....
Old 04-26-2007, 10:47 AM

Something I just thought of.....

Buy that new Paint that washes off in soap & water, but not rain. They even make it in clearcoat too....
It's a possibility. Never thought of that. Will have to look into it.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:30 AM

Dan P has talked about running, but I've not heard anything from him as of yet about it.

I know he's talked to Jusitn about maing him # plates.
I'm attempting to make sure my schedule is free for Sunday so that I can go. I'm not 100% yet, but I will most likely be going.

As for numbers, I will either have plates by Justin or I will bring tape.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:41 AM

So anything going on tonight? im soooo bored
Old 04-26-2007, 11:46 AM

Wes is at his house as we speak tearing his car apart. I think Al is heading over later to help out too. I'm sure they could use an extra set of hands (assuming they can put stuff back together and the engine doesn't have to come out to be machined).
Old 04-26-2007, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
I'm attempting to make sure my schedule is free for Sunday so that I can go. I'm not 100% yet, but I will most likely be going.

As for numbers, I will either have plates by Justin or I will bring tape.
well talk to Justin &see.... if you aren't going to be there.... let him know as well. he's a bit gunshy about making plates and no one showing up for them. He's been burned and such...
Old 04-26-2007, 12:39 PM

Wes is at his house as we speak tearing his car apart. I think Al is heading over later to help out too. I'm sure they could use an extra set of hands (assuming they can put stuff back together and the engine doesn't have to come out to be machined).
Thanks for the info, il give al a call
Old 04-26-2007, 12:44 PM

Pistons are out, #4 was totally fucked. Ringland, rings, skirt... Pretty much fell apart as soon as I took it out. So if anyone wants a paperweight, lol. I don't see any sleeve damage, but I will have Al look to get a second opinion.

The diamond wrist pins don't fit stock rods, so I will be taking the stock rods to the machine shop to be fitted in a bit, then start putting it all back together.

Chances are they won't be able to get it all done today, so I'm free later if something is planned.
Old 04-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Never forget that tonight is wing night. Although I'd MUCH prefer Monroeville rather than Robinson. By the time I get home, changed, and out to Robinson I have enough time to eat, turn around, come home, and go to bed. And I've got lots o stuff to get done at home tonight.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:01 PM

I dont care where I eat tonight, thats good to hear about the sleevs and everything wes
Old 04-26-2007, 01:03 PM

well talk to Justin &see.... if you aren't going to be there.... let him know as well. he's a bit gunshy about making plates and no one showing up for them. He's been burned and such...
I'm communicating with him today through emails. We're discussing my plates. I'll be sending him the payment tonight or tomorrow morning.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:04 PM

So a question for the other techies...

Obviously I will be needing to use the new rings since mine just fell apart. How safe or unsafe is it to use the new rings without honing the sleeves? (assuming there is no damage to them).

I thought to always hone when using new rings, but I was also told that since the motor is so new ~15k miles, I should be ok to just put new rings in. They seem to be slightly cross-hatched still too.

Any ideas?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:12 PM

hmm not sure, but i think id go with what als dad said on this one, maybe just let al see them first
Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 PM

I call dibs on ur paperweight
Old 04-26-2007, 01:31 PM

I want one too, would make a nice conversation piece for the living room...or something to throw at the kitty....
Old 04-26-2007, 01:46 PM

you have pics of the paper weight?
Old 04-26-2007, 02:56 PM

I was promised one too!!!!

Quick Reply: Pittsburgh Crew < You