North Pacific WA and OR

yesterday pulley day

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yesterday pulley day

Had a great time and was able to do a pulley swap on a ss without removing the sc. Also did pulleys on a few redlines. Swizz should have picks, sucks copper's car died blown ecu what the hell?
Old 02-12-2006, 05:49 PM

hey sinister! thanks for hosting the mini-meet pulley swap
I had a great time, enjoyed meeting your buddies n all, luv'd that 3 bay shop of yours!
busy place! cars comin n going all day long
phones ringin non-stop
man! got lots done though! thanks to you and your friends
yeah, a ton of help with my pulley and tensioner, etc...

too bad about coppers car, wouldve liked to have seen that one.

ha! that crazy-ass swizz dude, holy crap!
after we left from the evenings visit to the ILLtech auto shop (http://www.illtechauto.com/),
we're (ahem...cough..cough...) motoring down the I5, traffic all over, busy as hell, he's insane! haha!! ahhh to be young agin...
tried to play with him a bit, but I'm too old for all that ****, haha
I'll only do that stuff on a track after me and everyone else there has signed off all the waivers n such.....

but yeah....that injen intake in his car just howls !!!

wolfie almost managed to sneak out with the 'spare' sms long tube header under his coat, but alas, sinisters radar was going strong, caught him hot-handed....
hehe

awesome twin-turbo 300zx that the 'wolverine' guy had, **** can't remember names worth crap..but yeah, he looked like wolverine from x-men ya know? the hair...the beard... was expecting the claws to pop out any minute... nasty engine in that car!

and that truck that your other bud's been building in the shop there, that's a beautiful thing right there, that guys got some patience for all that, sweet truck, woulda been nice to hear it fired up for the first time, maybe next visit...

here's a few pics of the pulley swap on the cobalt
you can see swizz working away on it, using the PulleyBoys puller and tensioner tools.
(note: didn't need to pull the s/c on the cobalt)

Old 02-12-2006, 06:12 PM

haha I'm not crazy, I was driving normal man I swear!!! Yeah I had a great time my car is so insane now thanks CHRIS!!! also Wilson can you send me those pics to swizzpb@hotmail.com? thanks man.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:17 PM

sent them to ya !
Old 02-12-2006, 06:56 PM

Can someone type up a detalied thing on how to do the swap without taking the sc off? i have a 3 inch, and i want to swap it when i get home in 2 weeks, and it would be so much easier not to have to take the sc off.... thanks guys..... Tommy
Old 02-12-2006, 07:05 PM

too me it makes it a lot harder to not remove the SC. The sc takes about 5 mins to remove and another 5 to put back on. The advantage to removing it and putting it on was the ease of which it was done. But to each their own
Old 02-13-2006, 10:56 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well considering it takes about 5 minutes to remove the supercharger it's not a big deal to take it off for ease of pulley installation.

You have to take it off for the ASP puller.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:10 PM

Yea but theres no delay or holdup doing it on the car. how do I know well I have done quite a few rl's and theres tons of room there.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:38 PM

Yea, my pcm is fried. They had to overnite it from Reno and it should be in today. Car should be ready tomorrow. The meet at sinisters was fun though. Sorry guys, I know all I did was whine about my car. I'm just in shock at how I never get to drive the thing because its always in the shop. I didn't buy a new car to keep driving around Enterprise's cars. They don't even require a deposit anymore and they know me by name. Isn't that sad? So sinister, the stuff to change my oil is in the trunk so I'd like to come over when I get her back to take care of that. I swear though, I love my car and have always been loyal to GM but if it has one more problem I'm trading it in for an Evo!
Old 02-14-2006, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by coppercobalt
Yea, my pcm is fried. They had to overnite it from Reno and it should be in today. Car should be ready tomorrow. The meet at sinisters was fun though. Sorry guys, I know all I did was whine about my car. I'm just in shock at how I never get to drive the thing because its always in the shop. I didn't buy a new car to keep driving around Enterprise's cars. They don't even require a deposit anymore and they know me by name. Isn't that sad? So sinister, the stuff to change my oil is in the trunk so I'd like to come over when I get her back to take care of that. I swear though, I love my car and have always been loyal to GM but if it has one more problem I'm trading it in for an Evo!

I feel ya but dont give up new stuff is only around the corner. You are welcome to use the shop and lift, just give me a call or pm to make sure I havent scheduled something. I fixed my exhaust leak and just recieved all of my 3" stuff so this weekend cut slash and weld baby.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:01 PM

So the dealer called me last night and said yes they got the new PCM and replaced the leaky gasket so the car is running great and would be ready to pick up. BUT then they went to roll it off of the lift and had the wheel cut all the way ,for god knows what reason, and they hit my right front tire on the lift. They must have hit it HARD because he said it took a chunk out of the wheel AND the tire, flattening the tire. They are now overnighting a new wheel and tire and will hopefully have the car ready tommorrow. I told him the car is pulling to the left(not really) so it needs an alignment under warranty anyways. This is because I know they won't do an alignment just because, but I'm cautios of the alignment whenever the wheel takes a direct hit. I think my car has bad luck, as I was 100miles away when the wheel was hit. I know accidents happen and the dealer is doing his best to fix it, but it still sucks. He was also complaining that the wheel and tire would cost him $600 and I said I was glad he did it and not me! So does anybody know of any good deals on an Evo? I promised myself I would not drive a four door, but the new Eclipse is slow and ugly and I've never been a big fan of the Subie STI's. Maybe I can get a good deal on a used 350z and twin turbo it. This cobalt just seems like it has bad luck, I have a clean record, keep my car immaculate, and don't hot rod it but a few times and it seems like its falling apart on me like no car I've ever owned before!