Over The Top Performance Over The Top Performance is a supporting vendor.
Contacts: fast98 ; lsjwannabe

OTTP not shipping my Intake

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with my order, it said it shipped and i guess ups f'ed up so they said they said theyd send my parts again...but still
Old 11-06-2010, 02:31 PM

back in the day when my car was s/c'd it might as well have been the ottp balt. every part was basically from ottp and i never had a problem, but i will admit getting a hold of them is like asking to see Jesus. anyways like i said in the thread with the person that had a bad experience with zzp; everyones not going to have the same exciting customer experience, some ppl just happen to draw the shitty stick.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:34 PM

must be luck of the draw, i've had both
Old 11-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Glowbalt
I'm going zzp from now on. I ordered my pulley system on the 12th, didnt get confirmation till the 19th, it said shipped on 20th via First Class. took at least 18 days to get to me, and no it's not because of Hawaii. smh. and that's with me bugging the crap out of them. GL man
You do realize that ott doesn't make the pulleys or stock every single one, right? They are nate's pulleys which they sell for the customers convenience but when they don't have them in stock they need to get them from nate. Patience people jeeze.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Balt407
back in the day when my car was s/c'd it might as well have been the ottp balt. every part was basically from ottp and i never had a problem, but i will admit getting a hold of them is like asking to see Jesus. anyways like i said in the thread with the person that had a bad experience with zzp; everyones not going to have the same exciting customer experience, some ppl just happen to draw the shitty stick.
There's a difference between having bad service or an issue with a part and simply not getting anything after you paid 5 months ago. This goes for all vendors, and customers. Be careful. File a chargeback if you don't have good information within 30 days. If someone is out of stock, ask for a refund and tell them to bill you when it's back in stock. Most CC companies give you up to 6 months to file a chargeback but after that, a company can just keep your money.

Read the vendor forums, see if the vendor you are dealing with has a lot of complaints in their forum. Ask when someone is going to ship, demand a refund immediately if they don't keep their word.

Hopefully with the forum under new ownership, the censoring will be less skewed towards protecting the vendors.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Zooomer
There's a difference between having bad service or an issue with a part and simply not getting anything after you paid 5 months ago. This goes for all vendors, and customers. Be careful. File a chargeback if you don't have good information within 30 days. If someone is out of stock, ask for a refund and tell them to bill you when it's back in stock. Most CC companies give you up to 6 months to file a chargeback but after that, a company can just keep your money.

Read the vendor forums, see if the vendor you are dealing with has a lot of complaints in their forum. Ask when someone is going to ship, demand a refund immediately if they don't keep their word.

Hopefully with the forum under new ownership, the censoring will be less skewed towards protecting the vendors.
This was pretty much exactly what I was going to say. Good luck OP.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:05 PM

i have ordered from them twice, first time they f'ed up my order and forgot to put something in and it took 3 weeks to get the part they didnt ship, i just now waited about 3 weeks for my stearing rack spacers.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:14 PM

thats odd, mine shipped out fast when i ordered it
Old 11-06-2010, 04:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hopefully you get your money back. goodluck
Old 11-06-2010, 05:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Phyrric
I'll say it once and I'll say it again, Go ZZP, the UPS guy is knocking at your door with your part before you click confirm order
Amen brother!!
Old 11-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 409 Likes on 352 Posts
I never really had a problem with any of my orders from OTTP, just your normal out-of-stock issues with 2 parts... but when you can't get the parts in stock... you can't get the parts in-stock. Of course, the majority of my orders from them were while I was in Iraq... so I don't actually know if the parts showed up in a timely manner or not.

On the other hand... a local was in the exact same situation as you. Ordered the OTTP Intake... and had to wait a few months for it.

Originally Posted by Zooomer

Great advice. And I totally agree with the Bolded portion.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:40 PM

My pistons/head studs/cometic hg got to me 4 days after I ordered it. Meh
Old 11-07-2010, 02:34 AM

Well, first off I agree that this thread should NOT be locked because we are the majority of their business and as potential buyers I think everyone needs to be aware of what is going on. By the sounds of it, this issue and other similar issues are surfacing with OTTP and I think this site needs to be accountable and maybe reconsider their vendor status....
Old 11-07-2010, 05:07 PM

Im still waiting on my stage 2 tune file to be sent to me from them... I waited 2 months for my stage 2 kit too
Old 11-07-2010, 05:16 PM

It's nuts how many of these threads there are on OTTP. It's enough to turn me off.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A five month wait is bullshit, no doubt about it. I'd have never waited that long, I'd have filed a complaint and did a chargeback. I bet they had no problem processing your CC information immediately though. If OTTP was the only delta car vendor, I'd stay stock before dealing with them
Old 11-07-2010, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by 05Slowline
You do realize that ott doesn't make the pulleys or stock every single one, right? They are nate's pulleys which they sell for the customers convenience but when they don't have them in stock they need to get them from nate. Patience people jeeze.
On this note it was both CHEAPER and FASTER to order from Smoothflow directly > OTTP. So I wisely did.

One of the keys in business IMO is being consistent, and OTTP is not.

Hit or miss is crap.

Originally Posted by 05RLS2
A five month wait is bullshit, no doubt about it. I'd have never waited that long, I'd have filed a complaint and did a chargeback. I bet they had no problem processing your CC information immediately though.
Fact, they do stay consistent there.
Old 11-08-2010, 02:20 AM

Well I will let you guys know how everything works out!
Old 11-08-2010, 08:35 AM

I have A LOT of OTT parts on my car. I first had Josh install his stage 2 kit October of 2008 and he did a great job, we did a quick street tune and the car ran perfect. After that if I ever had questions I'd email him and he would get right back to me. That good communication started going away a year ago or so. He became impossible to get a hold of. I undestand getting busy, but if you're that busy, hire another body or else this is what happens. Your great reputation starts getting tarnished. I have ordered a few other things from them in the past 6 months (rack spacers, IC pump) and had great service on both. I needed a 3.0 pulley for the winter and I went straight through Smoothflow and got it very quickly. I don't like seeing any shop fail, so hopefully he steps up his game. Good luck to all who are waiting on parts/refunds.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:38 AM
Former Vendor

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by krazycobalt
Well I order my 3" intake on JUNE 15th and still have not received it. I have phoned them numerous time and talked to josh and Sean, e-mailed them, PM'ed them... everything and they still wont ship my product. What do you guys figure I should do? Their company is horrible.... I posted this here because the intake is for an ss/sc and am wondering if anyone else is have the same problem?

Your intake was shipped out on 9-30-10 by usps after we last talked. I will find out why you don't have it today.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:50 AM

Would I be provided a tracking number if I ordered from you guys? How come he didn't get one?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Joe Schulte
On this note it was both CHEAPER and FASTER to order from Smoothflow directly > OTTP. So I wisely did.

One of the keys in business IMO is being consistent, and OTTP is not.

Hit or miss is crap.

Fact, they do stay consistent there.
Cheaper, no not really. Well, depends if you're getting other things. Say you buy 80's and want a pulley too, you gonna pay for shipping twice? lol.

I always got a tracking @ with my stuff.....I always do ups though.