Over The Top Performance Over The Top Performance is a supporting vendor.
Contacts: fast98 ; lsjwannabe

OTTP Shifter, bushing and cable clamp

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 02:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OTTP Shifter, bushing and cable clamp

This Thursday I received the OTTP short throw shifter, shifter base bushings and shifter cable clamp. The whole order took about a week to arrive to Edmonton, Canada. Items were well packaged and arrived in great shape. One unexpected, unpleasant surprise is that I got nailed with a $75 import fee on top of the shipping fee. Luckily I got all three items on sale as a package so that lessened the impact slightly. Still a big annoyance though.

The quality of all the items are tremendous. Just as the other reviews have pointed out, the shifter is very well made. Quality welds and well designed aluminum parts. I opted for the delrin/aluminum ball due to our colder temperatures and previous experience with an all metal ball in the heat of summer. The ball great but I don't know if it's really worth the extra cost (mine has a sightly nub at the top of the ball - likely from casting). Overall though the shifts are much shorter and feel more precise. After some adjustment of the cable connectors, I have it dialed in really well.

The bushings are nothing exciting but I'm sure contribute a bit to the precise feeling. Very straight forward installation and a no brainer while the shifter is all out.

Lastly, the cable clamp. It is a very nice, simple piece. You loosen the three screws, push the shifter into the bushing and slide the whole unit in. Once on the cable where you want it to be, you simply tighten the screws down. I'm not sure this part is really necessary in the big scheme of things as I don't know of anyone who's broken the stock one. I don't think I would have paid the $40 retail for it, but definitely worth the $10 extra with the shifter for a bit of peace of mind.

My recommendation is that if you've been considering a better shifter, the OTTP should definitely be on your list. It is a high quality part and a vast improvement over the stock piece. I hope to post a few pics tomorrow, but please feel free to ask any questions.