Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

2nd annual support your troops run

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 03:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd annual support your troops run

Well next July me and my buddies are going to have are new annual run from Dallas TX to Miami FL. We are soliders in the US ARMY and we decided before we deployed this time to have a race from Dallas to Miami well we just started out planning to make it just us and first one there wins but we decided that would be a little dangerous so we decided to call are local poloce and see what we can do with this well they told us and we did it, we were able to go as fast as we wanted on certain streches of road that had police on them so if something did happen they were near. It is kinda like the cannonball run that happens all the time. so this is your offical invite to next years run, all u will have to do is sign wavers for the certain counties that let us do what we want on there road so we cant sue them for it that kind of thing so let me know if you are intested in it so we can start getting everything ready for next year.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:03 PM

That sounds like an awesome idea. If I lived in Texas I would do it in an instant. But good luck getting people and have fun and be safe.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:07 PM

Im not from Texas but I would be interested in it. I am also in the US ARMY. Let me know some more details.
Old 07-30-2007, 09:10 PM

i just signed a 4 year army rotc scholarship....and i have a 4 year commitment....does that make me in the army? How did the police ok that??...
Old 07-30-2007, 11:40 PM

As far a we know its going to be in July again depending on when we get back from here and when we are coming back. the cops ok us on certain streets because i have a friend in the killeen police department that called all the counties on the way to miami for us and asked them if we could do this some said no because of the risk that we could get hurt but most of them said yes and gave us a road along the way and made us sign wavers saying that they are not at risk if anything happened and we did this knowing the dangers and we or are families can not sue them if we get hurt. good for us the 40 cars that were in it no one got hurt it was a great run and everyone made it there without and problems except for a couple that got delayed cause of mechanical problems. But we start early morning in dallas at a place my cop friend will meet us and he will start us from there and so on all the way to miami were if u want cant stay with us and party for the next week then we just cruise the whole way back to texas it was a really good time and i hope we get a great turnout like last year.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:44 PM

Sweet sounds like a blast man I'll be coming back from Iraq in November so I will definatley be around next spring and I look forward to this.