Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

How Ford guys react to Chevy being better!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking How Ford guys react to Chevy being better!

This is the "BS" Tug-o-war between an F-150 and a Silverado as posted on the SVTperformance.com
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d.php?t=329591
Old 11-26-2006, 04:58 AM

I didnt get to far reading that , but I wonder how many brainiacks stopped to think how much easier it would be to pull the ford once it started one wheel peeling
Old 11-26-2006, 05:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol i dont know whats funnier the video or there forumns
Old 11-26-2006, 11:31 AM

That was the new Silverado as well! Shows that the Ford doesn't have the LSD. The forum is pretty funny...talking about throwing an "L" (Lightning) or a F250 or F350 against it....how lame, not even in the same class. Seems like a few guys there understood and at least had a good comment about forcing Ford to try and come out with something better....keyword, "try."
Old 11-26-2006, 11:38 AM

LOL! that was great. Actually one of my best friends has a GT mustang. and just from knowing him, i was not surprised by thier reactions at all, they (ford owners) are all the same.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:06 PM

I thought you guys would get a kick out of those guys
Old 11-26-2006, 12:08 PM

Working at a dealership in the past - ive seen a few of those competitons in person. I can honestly say that whichever manufacturer was holding the competition was the brand that won. Everytime. I would not put too much stock in that competition - either way. Now what i would put stock in is when JD Power comes and does those kinds of tests. They are non-biased and do good tests.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:26 PM

Ford and honda lovers, one in the same
Old 11-26-2006, 12:34 PM

i think i may be the first..but here goes..ima ford guy..and that chevy pwnd that ford ok...no matter what anybody tells u...the 5.4 triton is a PEICE OF ****..and as for that vid...that chev prolly was in 4wheel drive..who cares..so was the ford lol...fords new trucks..with the exception of the 3/4 tonnes and the 1 tons are absolute crap. thats juts my two cents...and btw..ive been driving fords since i was 13.

Last edited by kingg5; 11-26-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Da_CuBesSS
LOL! that was great. Actually one of my best friends has a GT mustang. and just from knowing him, i was not surprised by thier reactions at all, they (ford owners) are all the same.

haha... and chevy owners are different?? by posting your coments here you're proving that you're the same as they are... thank you, come again
Old 11-26-2006, 12:57 PM

IMO a truck is a truck, they all haul just some better than others. That vid just makes me grin because I am a chevy guy, but does not really prove anything. Hell, I bet that new VW Touareg with its new V10 twin turbo diesel would yank that ford around too, mabey even the chevy. My point is a tug-o-war proves nothing, want to impress me let me see a truck pull a train.LOL Now about the way these ford guys reacted, that did not suprise me. These guys think there **** don't stink, and you could pull up on them in a viper and most would actullay think they could beat you. The sad truth is that most on the mustangs fox-body to present my car would hang with, and I have half the motor. Alot of the SVT or old SVO stangs are not even that fast stock. I ran a turbos SVO mustang at the other day and I demolished him to third gear and quit. He was so far back I could not tell if he was still racing or not. Anyway, enough with this thread highjack, sorry Blown4banger, go chevy.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by HViper
IMO a truck is a truck, they all haul just some better than others. That vid just makes me grin because I am a chevy guy, but does not really prove anything. Hell, I bet that new VW Touareg with its new V10 twin turbo diesel would yank that ford around too, mabey even the chevy. My point is a tug-o-war proves nothing, want to impress me let me see a truck pull a train.LOL Now about the way these ford guys reacted, that did not suprise me. These guys think there **** don't stink, and you could pull up on them in a viper and most would actullay think they could beat you. The sad truth is that most on the mustangs fox-body to present my car would hang with, and I have half the motor. Alot of the SVT or old SVO stangs are not even that fast stock. I ran a turbos SVO mustang at the other day and I demolished him to third gear and quit. He was so far back I could not tell if he was still racing or not. Anyway, enough with this thread highjack, sorry Blown4banger, go chevy.
...do u seriously think that ur stage two with a shift lite is gonna beat a svo mustang....highley unlikely...look at the power to weight ratio of a mustange...the cobalt has nothing on that..NOTHING..i call bs on u man.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:08 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
lol, ahhh, diehard brand lovers. Won't believe what is right in front of them.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by kingg5
...do u seriously think that ur stage two with a shift lite is gonna beat a svo mustang....highley unlikely...look at the power to weight ratio of a mustange...the cobalt has nothing on that..NOTHING..i call bs on u man.

Yes I did, A SVO TURBO COUPE MUSTANG, 2.3L FOUR BANGER with a GARRET T3 TURBO.

Some of the late 90's SVT mustangs are really slow to, as for almost every year GT are all not that fast stock. Before you call BS you really should know what your talking about. That turbo coupe mustang I raced was late 80's model and was not stock. IT WAS A SVO, which switched to SVT later in the early 90's, but I bet you dont even know the differance or why they changed the name of that division of FORD.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:13 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
I don't think so. lots can happen. His argument seems plausible.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:21 PM

Also, I have a buddy who is a ford guy, and is trading in his 2006 ford ranger pick-up on a 07 mustang GT. After he puts some miles on it we will take it out to a spot in the middle of the desert and run them several times, from a dig, roll, ect..... I think it will be a good race, a drivers race. I will video this and post. I know this will never prove anything, and that it not a SVT, but it will make me happy, and in the end that is what really matters.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by HViper
Yes I did, A SVO TURBO COUPE MUSTANG, 2.3L FOUR BANGER with a GARRET T3 TURBO.

Some of the late 90's SVT mustangs are really slow to, as for almost every year GT are all not that fast stock. Before you call BS you really should know what your talking about. That turbo coupe mustang I raced was late 80's model and was not stock. IT WAS A SVO, which switched to SVT later in the early 90's, but I bet you dont even know the differance or why they changed the name of that division of FORD.
hmmm special vehicles operations...and special vehicles team. wow that was hard..geez teach what u got next for me...what do u think because i drive a 2.2 G5 that i dont know anything?????? blow it out ur ass whiny boy...I STOOD UP FOR THE CHEVS OK OR MABYE U DIDNT READ THAT...(*******) but one thing i wont stand for is some loser who thinks his 4 cylinder economy car is gonna beat out a SVO mustang...its not gonna happen..and it was a car from the 80's u stupid ****....try racing a 91 mustang gt...not gonna win against that one...hell u come up to canada...ill race u with my G5 and ill beat u..oh wait now i sound like u...LAME.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:41 PM

hmmm special vehicles operations...and special vehicles team. wow that was hard..geez teach what u got next for me...what do u think because i drive a 2.2 G5 that i dont know anything?????? blow it out ur ass whiny boy...I STOOD UP FOR THE CHEVS OK OR MABYE U DIDNT READ THAT...(*******) but one thing i wont stand for is some loser who thinks his 4 cylinder economy car is gonna beat out a SVO mustang...its not gonna happen..and it was a car from the 80's u stupid ****....try racing a 91 mustang gt...not gonna win against that one...hell u come up to canada...ill race u with my G5 and ill beat u..oh wait now i sound like u...LAME.

Are you still saying my balt wont beat a SVO turbo coupe stang, dude I hade a 85 turbo coupe T-bird, with the same damm motor. Was not that fast, and I never said anything bad about you standing up for chevy, just what you said about me beating a SVO mustang being BS. I know alot abot SVO and SVT, have completly striped down and rebuilt two 93 cobra stangs, and one 84 GT 351W engine install which was a bitch because did not want to fit. Look, I know my ****, and I am not saying I beat some moded 05 cobra or something like that. I beat a SVO turbo coupe mustang, a 2.3L turbo running barely 8psi of boost. How is that hard for you to belive, by the way you are proving my point about ford guys, not that its a bad thing, but still true.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:45 PM

hey man if u havent noticed...i drive 2 chevs and a dodge..no fords...i love ford...just because it started everything...and i personally hate mustangs..but i just dont think that the cobalt has enough in it to do that...just my own opinion...and i od have alot of knowledge ok..for one...ho wmany people do u know that had a 460 big block 86 ranger at 16 years old...noone cept for me..i know my **** when it comes to building hot rods ok...and for the most part...i built s-10s...i love ford but i drive chev..so im not partial to the fords at all...
Old 11-26-2006, 01:46 PM

and btw...turbo coupe thunderbird...i would think that car wieghs more then a mustang...that would make it seem sluggish and slow...
Old 11-26-2006, 02:00 PM

Yeah, the T-bird was about 300lbs heavy, but they both made almost same power 15hp off. But both make a lot less that a SS/SC stock let alone a Stage two with exhaust and CAI. Also now hard feelings man, just telling you what my car did beat. This is not BS. Look at the stats for your self.

Car review on FORD MUSTANG SVO
After years of being V8 or at least V6 powered, Ford's Special Vehicle Operations installed a four-cylinder engine, trying to convince people it was a high-performance model. Ford was reacting to high fuel prices and the demand for economy; so nsing the 'Fox' Mustang platform, fitted a turbo version of its 140 ci (2.3-litre) engine. A drop in compression plus the forced induction gave it 143 bhp (107 kW). It wasn't enough, so power was upped further for 1985 1/2 cars to 175 bhp (130 kW) with 15psi boost. In 1986 power was increased to 205 bhp (153 kW) and 240 lb ft (325 Nm) torque. Handling was exceptional, thanks to light weight and a stiffer front anti-roll bar, rear anti-roll bar, uprated springs, and adjustable Koni shocks. Four-wheel disc brakes brought the stopping power up to scratch. Cheaper fuel brought the V8 back into fashion and the SVO was discontinued after 1986.

FORD MUSTANG SVO

SPECIFICATIONS

TOP SPEED

140 mph (224 km/h)

0-60 mph (0-96 KM/H) 6.7 sec

ENGINE TYPE V8

DISPLACEMENT 140 ci (2,294 cc)

TRANSMISSION 5-speed manual

MAXIMUM POWER 205 bhp 153 kW) @ 5,000 rpm

MAXIMUM TORQUE 240 lb ft (325 Nm) @ 3,000 rpm

WEIGHT 3,036 lb (1,380 kg)

ECONOMY 25 mpg (8.85 km/l)
http://www.is-it-a-lemon.com/used-ca...ustang-svo.htm

Car review on FORD T-BIRD TURBO COUPE
Ford's Thunderbird looked very dated and a way too conservative to be uccessful in the early 1980s. However, Ford was quick to realize it needed a change, so a restyle was in order for 1983. The new look was dramatic and it stirred up much interest again. The car looked dynamic and modern, but even so, in the rapidly changing 1980s, by 1987 it need a facelift. While the car's profile didn't change, it did get significant upgrades with flush-fitting lights and side glass, plus all new sheet metal. Ford also introduced two sporty versions: the 5.0L V8 and the Turbo Coupe. The latter used the former Mustang SVO unit, a turbo four-cylinder engine with intercooler, forged pistons and an oil cooler. Riding on the well-established Fox platform, it used upgraded suspension and 16-inch (406 mm) rims. Through its Borg Warner T5 the car could attain 15-second quarter-miles.

FORD T-BIRD TURBO COUPE

SPECIFICATIONS

TOP SPEED

137 mph (219 km/h)

0-60 mph (0-96 KM/H) 7.1 sec

ENGINE TYPE In-line four

DISPLACEMENT 140 ci (2,300 cc)

TRANSMISSION 5-speed manual

MAXIMUM POWER 190 bhp (142 kW) @ 4,600 rpm

MAXIMUM TORQUE 180 lb ft (244 Nm) @ 3,600 rpm

WEIGHT 3,380 lb (1,536 kg)

ECONOMY 23 mpg (8.14 km/l)

http://www.is-it-a-lemon.com/used-ca...urbo-coupe.htm
Old 11-26-2006, 02:09 PM

well u do prove that u have alot of knowledge..ill give ui that much..no hard feelings against u either man..but seriously....cai...that dont add **** to ur engine..just helps it flow better..yes yes i know...if it flows more air..u get more hp...but the actual increase u get in hp froma cai is very very minimal...so basically the only performance mod u have is stage 2 and exhaust..but still more then i can say for my 2.2 G5 lol
Old 11-26-2006, 02:25 PM

I think that the CAI adds a little in third and fourth, I can feel the diferance, but it is really all bout the whine. I can not tell you how many cars pull up next to me wanting to race, all I do is give it a little and let her whine at them. Most cars suddetly dont want to race.LOL But etherway my car still makes more WHP and is lighter then a SVO turbo stang. They tried fo sell me a G5 when I went to look at the GTO, told me it was a fast as my SS/SC that I had just totaled. I looked at it, and It was hot looking car, but not the same power. I bought the last balt 06 SS/SC balt in the Vegas area, and it happend to be loaded with GMPP parts the way it sat on the lot, including Stage 2. Did not get a whole lot of color choice though, but when new rims get here in mid DEC, shes going into the a body shop for a custom two-tone job, and some custom airbrushing. Might even put a pearl in the clearcoat, just waiting for the body shop to spray the samples so I can decied.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:46 PM

chevy or ford, just a personal preferance to me. i 've always owned chevy's . fact is ford and chevy will always try to out do each other, so it's all just personal preferance. i personally don't like the looks of most ford vehicles.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:03 PM

The chevy got after it before the ford did not making excuses but any one can see that.