Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

SportTint Red SS/TC Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i like the side exhaust as well, im going to do the same, but way crazier, after the build, im going to have 2 cutouts, one will be open, one closed, depending on what level of noise i want lol basicly, 1 for quiet, 1 for all out loud... anyways, gonna have it routed back and have it come out of the side skirt right at its end, and have a mold done in high temp plastic to go around the pipe. gonna love it, nothin better than having an all open exhaust on a turbo'd car, being able to hear the turbo purring through the exhaust is ******* awesome, and scares a lotta people away.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:42 PM

yeah, im planing on getting a new back bumber to fix that hole in the back. that seems to be one of the only reasons people dont like it. and i dont care for the hole either, but one thing at a time, right?
Old 07-23-2010, 05:50 PM

Wow Nice mods now u need to get Atleast a Gm stage 1 tune to give u all the hp the mods are gonna give u. These cars have a learn down feature meanin no matter what mods u put on its always gonna be 260hp with a tune ull get the benifits from the mods. I like the side exit but how is that legal??
Old 07-23-2010, 06:21 PM

OMFG! Just paint your headlights black and it'll be 20/10!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by ghostss09
yeah, im planing on getting a new back bumber to fix that hole in the back. that seems to be one of the only reasons people dont like it. and i dont care for the hole either, but one thing at a time, right?
yea, see i know you got rid of all the piping for a reason, so this might seem useless to ya, but what i had in mind for my car, once i get the side exhaust done out of the side skirt, im still gonna keep my hahn exhaust hooked up, that way there isnt just a big empty hole back there, AND,, so if i see any cops around, i can just open the quiet side, and shut the loud side...
Old 07-24-2010, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by chevymanva
Wow Nice mods now u need to get Atleast a Gm stage 1 tune to give u all the hp the mods are gonna give u. These cars have a learn down feature meanin no matter what mods u put on its always gonna be 260hp with a tune ull get the benifits from the mods. I like the side exit but how is that legal??
yeah, i know, im planing on getting the tune when i get back , i just want to be sure i get the that will give me the best performance. and no the side exit in not illegal in mountgomry county, no emmisions tests.

Originally Posted by badbaltguy
yea, see i know you got rid of all the piping for a reason, so this might seem useless to ya, but what i had in mind for my car, once i get the side exhaust done out of the side skirt, im still gonna keep my hahn exhaust hooked up, that way there isnt just a big empty hole back there, AND,, so if i see any cops around, i can just open the quiet side, and shut the loud side...
the cops around fort campbell dont care how loud the car is as long as you arent speeding.

what unit are you in, i just realized you are stationed at campbell.

bump

Last edited by ghostss09; 07-24-2010 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-24-2010, 11:38 PM

yeah, i know, im planing on getting the tune when i get back , i just want to be sure i get the that will give me the best performance. and no the side exit in not illegal in mountgomry county, no emmisions tests.

the cops around fort campbell dont care how loud the car is as long as you arent speeding.

what unit are you in, i just realized you are stationed at campbell.

bump
1 BCT 2/327
i THINK i have seen you around before, there is only one SS/TC sedan i have seen cruisin around, and if it is you, lol i remember you flyin past me in traffic on 41A all the time, i was hopin you would wanna run sometime, were you by any chance at the Streetdreamz car show a while back on july?
Old 07-25-2010, 01:59 AM

1 BCT 2/327
i THINK i have seen you around before, there is only one SS/TC sedan i have seen cruisin around, and if it is you, lol i remember you flyin past me in traffic on 41A all the time, i was hopin you would wanna run sometime, were you by any chance at the Streetdreamz car show a while back on july?
yes i was, and i am in streetdreamz now. i might have seen you around too

yeah, im down to run, but you will have to wait till i get back to the states

Last edited by ghostss09; 07-25-2010 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-25-2010, 02:07 AM

yes i was, and i am in streetdreamz now. i might have seen you around too

yeah, im down to run, but you will have to wait till i get back to the states
ah, i remember now, you was the one that was talkin to me about the MAF sensor issue on ur hahn intake... i left streetdreamz man, they stopped doin fun ****, and everybody was always bullshitin. and lol i cant do any runnin now, i think i may have a slight surprise waitin for me under my valve cover AGAIN... i wouldnt wanna risk droppin that valve... apparently its ok though, it mad eit all the way back to illinois before i deployed, had my dad drive it home for me.

im not stateside either lol.. in afghanistan right now

Last edited by badbaltguy; 07-25-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-25-2010, 09:00 AM

ah, i remember now, you was the one that was talkin to me about the MAF sensor issue on ur hahn intake... i left streetdreamz man, they stopped doin fun ****, and everybody was always bullshitin. and lol i cant do any runnin now, i think i may have a slight surprise waitin for me under my valve cover AGAIN... i wouldnt wanna risk droppin that valve... apparently its ok though, it mad eit all the way back to illinois before i deployed, had my dad drive it home for me.

im not stateside either lol.. in afghanistan right now
when are you supposed to head back? , yeah, that MAF, turned out to just be a hole in my intercooler, when i get back im gonna have my HAHN one patched up and put it back in, i just have the stock one in right now.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:23 AM

around june/july but i aint gonna have my balt for a while after i come, in february im taking it up to performance autowerks so the big build can get started and get some massive numbers, probly gonna take a while.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:27 AM

what are you going to do to it?
Old 07-25-2010, 09:30 AM

hang on, i have the build list,, only thing not on the list is the tranny and axles...

WISECO Solstice/SKY 2.0T LNF standard bore turbo pistons -
Carillo 2.0T LNF H-Beam Ecotec Rods
Supertech Ecotec Intake valves Blk Nitrided
Supertech Single Groove Keepers
Supertech Ecotec Exhaust valves Inconel
Supertech Ecotec Dual Spring and titanium retainer kit
ARP Ecotec Head Stud Kit
WERKSracing LNF 2.0T MLS Head Gasket - .040" thick
Clevite Ecotec Main Bearings
Clevite Ecotec Rod Bearings
Complete Engine rebuild gasket set
Darton Ecotec sleeves
Cryo treat crankshaft
Jesel OHC Cam Followers (Rocker Arms)
WERKSracing LNF Aluminum Sheet metal intake manifold
WERKSracing LNF Cobalt SS 5557 Billet Complete Turbo Kit

Last edited by badbaltguy; 07-25-2010 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-25-2010, 09:31 AM

two questions, did you pay it off yet and how much should that put you at?
Old 07-25-2010, 09:33 AM

dont know any details on the transmission yet, but axles are available now. i was told the tranny is gonna be the longest part of the build, but thats not the only problem,,, the tranny casing is very weak so somethins gotta be figured up for that as well

gonna pay it off and build it, i owe 14 on it yet, and the build is gonna be around 15 maybe more..

Last edited by badbaltguy; 07-25-2010 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-25-2010, 09:58 AM

yeah, but do you know roughly where your hp will be when you are done?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:28 AM

the build itself will be able to handle north of 600,,,, BUT,, im not going to have the secondary fuel system thrown in or the pte60?? turbo... that will be later.... right now the goal is jus a nice clean 475-500 very easy to achieve with a bulletproof engine and the 5557 turbo
Old 07-26-2010, 04:47 AM

very nice

im gonna have to to that one day

Last edited by ghostss09; 07-26-2010 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-26-2010, 07:15 AM
I'm too JDM for you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what the **** are you talking about loud cutout and quiet cutout. you make everything complicated just put one cutout coming off of the hahn running to the side of the car.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
what the **** are you talking about loud cutout and quiet cutout. you make everything complicated just put one cutout coming off of the hahn running to the side of the car.
ok, heres what the **** i am talkin about.... with 2 cutouts, i say again, 2 cutouts,, i will be able to have the choice to be loud, or quiet... ok now understand this, i have a cutout on my exhaust now,, BUT, when i open it,, some of it dumps out of the cutout, and some of it still goes through the rest of the exhaust,, SOOOOOOO,,,, by having 2 cutouts,, if i want FULL OPEN EXHAUST,,,, i will close the "quiet side" and open the "loud side" see now?? in further detail, JUST FOR YOU,,,,,,, when my "loud side" is open,,, the quiet side will be closed so ALL OF THE EXHAUST goes out the loud side,,,,,, not just "some" of it... you get it now?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:39 PM
I'm too JDM for you

ok, heres what the **** i am talkin about.... with 2 cutouts, i say again, 2 cutouts,, i will be able to have the choice to be loud, or quiet... ok now understand this, i have a cutout on my exhaust now,, BUT, when i open it,, some of it dumps out of the cutout, and some of it still goes through the rest of the exhaust,, SOOOOOOO,,,, by having 2 cutouts,, if i want FULL OPEN EXHAUST,,,, i will close the "quiet side" and open the "loud side" see now?? in further detail, JUST FOR YOU,,,,,,, when my "loud side" is open,,, the quiet side will be closed so ALL OF THE EXHAUST goes out the loud side,,,,,, not just "some" of it... you get it now?
except exhaust takes the path of least resistance. you're just going to create weird resonance inside the exhaust tubes when you cut it off in a "Y'
Old 07-26-2010, 02:07 PM

what does it matter what he wants to do to his car, and besides, the infor was something he said he said he was thinking about. who are you? its not your car so shut the **** up
Old 07-26-2010, 08:52 PM
I'm too JDM for you

what does it matter what he wants to do to his car, and besides, the infor was something he said he said he was thinking about. who are you? its not your car so shut the **** up
cause i am trying to save him from doing something stupid and wasting more money than he already has?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
except exhaust takes the path of least resistance. you're just going to create weird resonance inside the exhaust tubes when you cut it off in a "Y'
no it wont cuz the 2nd cutout is not going to be very far from the first one.. maybe like, 3 inches... it will go the path of least resistance, yes,, and thats only one way out so hey, think what ya want man, its gonna look, and sound badfuckinass. loud, but badass. jus the way i like it.

yo uare forgetting that i already have a cutout and i hate the way it sounds when i open it because half of it still goes through the rest of the exhaust,, if it all came out right there it would be soooo much louder and noise is what im lookin for... so, its simple, its my money, it wont cost that much to do, so jus sit back and watch. you will see when its all done, and be like well i guess that wasnt a bad idea...

Last edited by badbaltguy; 07-26-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-27-2010, 12:08 PM
I'm too JDM for you

no it wont cuz the 2nd cutout is not going to be very far from the first one.. maybe like, 3 inches... it will go the path of least resistance, yes,, and thats only one way out so hey, think what ya want man, its gonna look, and sound badfuckinass. loud, but badass. jus the way i like it.

yo uare forgetting that i already have a cutout and i hate the way it sounds when i open it because half of it still goes through the rest of the exhaust,, if it all came out right there it would be soooo much louder and noise is what im lookin for... so, its simple, its my money, it wont cost that much to do, so jus sit back and watch. you will see when its all done, and be like well i guess that wasnt a bad idea...
that will create a resonance in the pipe. if you really did your research you would know that they sell exhaust diverter valves. the one i remember off the top of my head is from noweeds. it will be a much simpler, cleaner and more effective installation

http://www.noweeds.net/

Quick Reply: SportTint Red SS/TC Sedan