Pictures & Videos Your pictures, photoshops, and videos.

Why you should not drink and drive. NSFW

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:42 AM

Received 74 Likes on 63 Posts
UPDATE:

She just spent a full day in Jail for Drinking and Driving... She went to a bar and took a shot and drank a beer.... then to save money she went to her car and took 5 shots. She was arrested at 4am yesterday. Her bail was $1250, $1000 of it was mine....borrowed. THis is the third time she's had a Drinking and Driving incident. This will be her second offense on record. If MD law find out about her behavior, she will have a fine for $5000 dollars and she broke her probabtion, which means 30-60 days in jail.

Just thought I keep this thread as an open notebook on her behaviors.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe I didn't realize that I actually posted in this thread last year

Susannes brother has been in and out of jail quite a few times. This past time he was in for just over 2 yrs (was supposed to be 6) He said that was enough.

It might take some time to get through to her, but then again, some people never change. I feel for you man. If it was my sister I wouldn't know what else to do.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
and I thought my sister was dumb
Old 07-21-2010, 06:30 PM

Dude your sister had better get her **** together, she's either going to get killed or kill someone, or a shitload of people. No matter how she slices it, she should never drive, ever.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:15 PM

my sister got a DWI and had her license taken away. first time getting cought. But she never stops driving around fucked up as ****. And if you mention driving instead of her or not taking her car she gets SUPER pissed and bitchy cause youd ont trust her and "thats fucked up you would say that" etc.

But its amazing how well modern cars can handle collision energy and a car that looks like that after a wreck and the driver survived and went on to live a happy "healthy" life after. regarless of what happens after
Old 07-23-2010, 12:00 AM

OO fire ouch it's hot... OO fire ouch it's hot...

Some people just don't learn.

She is going to kill someone if she continues. She needs to have her license revoked... although something tells me that wouldn't stop her.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would have helped her a ton to have a seatbelt on. I got out of my G5's rollover with nothing more than safety glass in my hair and a small 5/16ths laceration on my right knuckle (I just glued it up, I wasn't going to pay 3500 for an ambulance for that.) Anytime you don't wear a seatbelt, if the car makes a violent motion, you basically end up like a ragdoll in Garry's Mod.

As far as drinking and driving goes, I am uncomfortable driving at .02 BAC. If I'm at or above .04 BAC, I don't even drive. And yes, I do use a portable breathalyzer (Alcomate w/ changable sensor).

Anyways if OP is still checking this thread, I highly suggest having your parents intervene and have an interlock installed. If she cannot blow legal, that car is going nowhere.

Originally Posted by Jazer
OO fire ouch it's hot... OO fire ouch it's hot...

Some people just don't learn.

She is going to kill someone if she continues. She needs to have her license revoked... although something tells me that wouldn't stop her.
License suspension/revocation does diddly jack squat. I've known people who just took the back roads to avoid getting caught.

Last thought: The human body is quite resilient to injury, but is also quite fragile too. I've had 6 friends of mine in pretty bad accident while in a vehicle, 2 of them critically injured to the point of being in a coma. They're fine and dandy today and aside from a respirator scar on the one's neck, you wouldn't even know they were about 2 inches from dying. So far, only one of my friends has died from a vehicle related accident, and that was because some guy was not paying attention and threw him about 50 feet on Centre avenue when he was walking to Mellon Arena for a game.

Last edited by Nighthawk243; 07-23-2010 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-16-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Nighthawk243
It would have helped her a ton to have a seatbelt on. I got out of my G5's rollover with nothing more than safety glass in my hair and a small 5/16ths laceration on my right knuckle (I just glued it up, I wasn't going to pay 3500 for an ambulance for that.) Anytime you don't wear a seatbelt, if the car makes a violent motion, you basically end up like a ragdoll in Garry's Mod.

As far as drinking and driving goes, I am uncomfortable driving at .02 BAC. If I'm at or above .04 BAC, I don't even drive. And yes, I do use a portable breathalyzer (Alcomate w/ changable sensor).

Anyways if OP is still checking this thread, I highly suggest having your parents intervene and have an interlock installed. If she cannot blow legal, that car is going nowhere.
yes I still check in here. The reason my parents fail to intervene is because she is 22yrs old and she cant be forced to do anything against her own rights. She just happens to be one of the many darwin trophy winners that seem to make it by in this world. We will see what happens when she goes to court for her latest drinking and driving incident.

Personally I wish my parent's would have stopped buying her ******* cars after the first one was totalled. Make her buy something for **** sakes....im sorry venting just thinking about it.

Oh and as soon as I get an opportunity I will takes some photos of her latest car.. Its a real winner....
Old 08-23-2010, 09:45 AM

UPDATE:

My sister paid 500$ towards a lawyer, my dad chipped in $200 for her since the lawyer was asking $700 up front... and she didnt have it. The lawyers ultimate bill is going to be somewhere between $2200 and $2800.

My sister is suppose to be paying her school loan off but it looks like my Dad is also going to take care of that for her, its $200 a month.

My sister went to a golf academy to learn all there is to know about golf. Basically she could work at a Pro shop or become a golf instructor or a professional is decides to be. She's fairly good at golf as well.
Her current work is a waitressing job at an AppleBees and she currently pays no bills except a cell phone which is $80/month. yes, she got a internet phone. She does not have her own place, and she doesnt pay for her current car... insurance or payments.

The reason I posted this is... what would you guys do if you were in her situation to better yourself? Meaning moving up in the world. I wanna see what you guys might do to advance from her position. I might share this info with her.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
i saw a yellow balt that looked at bit like this on thursday coming home... it was pushed headon into a light pole and there were two girls standing outside of it that seemed to be ok. i tried to snap a pic but didn't have time... glad to hear she's ok now... lesson learned..

to the OP: if i walked away from an accident that was that bad and it was my fault you can guarantee i'd be going to schools and telling my story to other people... even if it's only a couple of times... especially at my local high schools where it would hit home the most. shock factor works... bring the bad pictures.. as for what else she can do... keep going like she planned to before... an accident shouldn't stop her from accomplishing her dreams no matter what they were .. she just needs a shove in the right direction by the sounds of it... and well the friends she hangs around with don't sound like very good friends either.. but that's a hard one to break. Rehab of some sort sounds like it may be in order because she's on a path of destruction... and maybe getting some of her own friends to help convince her she has a problem would help seal the deal. If all else fails... try slipping pills into her cornflakes every morning that cause someone to feel violently ill everytime they even touch alcohol... then pay a doctor to diagnose her with an allergy to alcohol... she'll never drink again haha

Last edited by Cobalt_Daddy; 08-23-2010 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:54 AM

She has the knowledge at golf, like you said..., she can use that knowledge and really moce forward with her life. If she does that, the lawyer can use that as a point to make that she's attempting to make her life better and lessen the chance of DWI'ing ever again.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
i saw a yellow balt that looked at bit like this on thursday coming home... it was pushed headon into a light pole and there were two girls standing outside of it that seemed to be ok. i tried to snap a pic but didn't have time... glad to hear she's ok now... lesson learned..
not learned. not even grasping....well maybe grasping, she didnt want her friends to find out about this, embarassment set in I guess.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:03 AM

My sister is 15 now and starting down the same path; she's been smoking pot(it is BC, I guess. I never did, though), drinking and god knows what else for years now. Neither of my parents are going to sign for her license. My mother has had to forfeit a day's wages a few times to pick her up at the cop shop for various things. No ******* way I was going to help her out, that would be enabling, albeit on a lesser scale than what your parents are doing.

The legal age for a learner's license in BC is 16, but she's not getting a co-signer for it. Giving a drunken juvenile a few tons of steel to kill innocent people with is a bad idea. She throws a fit, she's run away, she's even taken a swing at her parents and I had to be the one convincing them not to budge for the most part.

My fiancee and I are in the middle of a pregnancy "maybe" and I know full well that my kids are paying for their own vehicle. I'll co-sign for it, I'll teach them to drive properly, but if I EVER catch them drunk and driving, they keys are mine for a LONG time.

There's been talk of holding parents at least partially liable for the actions of their kids and that kind of legislation is exactly what's needed in your case. I understand that they want to help and treat her right, but having her kill herself and a car full of innocent people isnt't helping anyone.

I paid for my cell phone, I paid room and board within a week of getting kicked from high school. Father co-signed for my car and I made the payments, with few exceptions. Value of a dollar I guess; I had it good, but I know life isn't free.

Sorry for the rant, but I've seen too many people dead as a result of driving drunk/high, I really hope she can be saved. If she didn't smarten up after a near death experience in time and jail, who knows...Have a good, long, serious talk with her if it's possible. Failing that, I'd stay away from her, I'm in another province now and I still call my parents twice a week. I talk to my sister once a month.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:10 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CudaJoe
not learned. not even grasping....well maybe grasping, she didnt want her friends to find out about this, embarassment set in I guess.
embarrassment may be the best way for her to learn her lesson... life a bitch... especially when ya **** with it.. as much as i hate to say it but it might be a good idea to keep tabs on her and send mommy over to pick her up from the party since she likes to drive home drunk..
Old 08-23-2010, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
embarrassment may be the best way for her to learn her lesson... life a bitch... especially when ya **** with it.. as much as i hate to say it but it might be a good idea to keep tabs on her and send mommy over to pick her up from the party since she likes to drive home drunk..
haha, yeah. She's 22, almost 23. Im sure that would be embarassing for her. Especially if mommy really plays up her role to make it embarassing.

And keep it up guys. Im thinking I could use this info to let her know where she stands in life. I've told her to search jobs with her background knowledge and certifications. She should... Oh and if anyones wondering "Why Golf Academy?" Its an idea my mom gave her when she failed out of community college for never going to classes. And she doesnt like homework...
Old 08-23-2010, 01:16 PM

this is really sad... she has a second chance and is still doing that... my friends idnt get a second chance... 7 years ago 2 of my friends, mat and lindsey (lindsey was 6 weeks pregnant but no one knew till the autopsy) were racing a nissan quest (yes the mini van) with a VG30DETT swap. going over a bridge a drunk guy in a mazda pickup swerved and clipped their rear bumber sending them into a spin and over the guard rail into the lake below. they didnt die from the collision, but rather cuz they drowned (knocked unconscious and no one could get to them in time) ... the drunk man walked away from the accident... two things caused this accident, 1: illegal organized street racing, and 2: drunk driving. i do not condone either and i do not participate in either. and it brings me nearly to tears to think that my friends didnt get another chance while others are blowing theirs. dont street race... keep it on the track. dont drink and drive and dont let your friends drive drunk... for the sake of mat and lindsey... and their unborn baby...
Old 08-24-2010, 10:12 AM

Yes my brother took a long time to learn his lessons but it wasn't alcohol or drug related. The last time we all turned our backs on him, no money, no clothes, no letters and no phone calls. It was a long two years for him.

One of my other brothers (I have 4) friends received a DUI once and got his act cleaned up. Months after that he was driving while tired, fell asleep at the wheel and took out a mini van, with a family of 5 inside. The only survivor was a 3 year old boy. Because of his DUI record, the judge made him financially responsible for the boy until he is 18 years old.

Joe, Harford Co has a no tolerance. I am surprised they didn't throw the book at her the first time. The second time I would expect her license taken away, along with attending AA (which is a joke), she will have to go to hospitals ICU to view victims they have been injured due to a DUI accident as well as counseling. After Lawyer fees all this will cost over $10K...if she can't pay for this, she will do jail time. Good Luck to her and sometimes it takes losing your freedom, before losing a life, to learn a valuable lesson.

Last edited by SuMac; 08-24-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:27 AM

Dam. Glad shes okay.
Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 AM

i say plaster the info and pics everywhere you can. let everyone in that city know what she did and is currently doing..let it embarass the hell out of her.... as far as letting her borrow money from you for her bail, i say **** that..
Old 08-24-2010, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by SuMac
Yes my brother took a long time to learn his lessons but it wasn't alcohol or drug related. The last time we all turned our backs on him, no money, no clothes, no letters and no phone calls. It was a long two years for him.

One of my other brothers (I have 4) friends received a DUI once and got his act cleaned up. Months after that he was driving while tired, fell asleep at the wheel and took out a mini van, with a family of 5 inside. The only survivor was a 3 year old boy. Because of his DUI record, the judge made him financially responsible for the boy until he is 18 years old.

Joe, Harford Co has a no tolerance. I am surprised they didn't throw the book at her the first time. The second time I would expect her license taken away, along with attending AA (which is a joke), she will have to go to hospitals ICU to view victims they have been injured due to a DUI accident as well as counseling. After Lawyer fees all this will cost over $10K...if she can't pay for this, she will do jail time. Good Luck to her and sometimes it takes losing your freedom, before losing a life, to learn a valuable lesson.
SuMaC,

I do know the Harford Co has no tolerance believe me. I got a DUI back when I was 22 and I immediately learned what is and isnt acceptable when it comes to drinking and driving. I made a mistake and realized it immediately. I always thought there was a window where your BAC cant be over 0.08%, thats actually not true and true at the same time. 0.05 to 0.08 is DWI territory.

You blow under 0.08, you still got to go to court, you still have to get a lawyer... you still have to pay fines. You dont drink and drive period. They need to get rid of those 0.08 billboards/ commercials cause its making people think its okay to drink and drive.
The only reason why sister got away with this 2 times now is because she is a female, and the Harford Co Police department are mostly males which tend to be nice to females alot of the time. She bragged to me about being behind the wheel with a 40oz in her hand and getting pulled over and the cop let her go.. I dunno if its believable but she got that story somewhere right?

Originally Posted by SS Pyro IV
i say plaster the info and pics everywhere you can. let everyone in that city know what she did and is currently doing..let it embarass the hell out of her.... as far as letting her borrow money from you for her bail, i say **** that..
I already lent it and got it back but I didnt do it for her, I did her for my dad.

Last edited by CudaJoe; 08-24-2010 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-24-2010, 12:20 PM

SuMaC,

I do know the Harford Co has no tolerance believe me. I got a DUI back when I was 22 and I immediately learned what is and isnt acceptable when it comes to drinking and driving. I made a mistake and realized it immediately. I always thought there was a window where your BAC cant be over 0.08%, thats actually not true and true at the same time. 0.05 to 0.08 is DWI territory.

You blow under 0.08, you still got to go to court, you still have to get a lawyer... you still have to pay fines. You dont drink and drive period. They need to get rid of those 0.08 billboards/ commercials cause its making people think its okay to drink and drive.
The only reason why sister got away with this 2 times now is because she is a female, and the Harford Co Police department are mostly males which tend to be nice to females alot of the time. She bragged to me about being behind the wheel with a 40oz in her hand and getting pulled over and the cop let her go.. I dunno if its believable but she got that story somewhere right?

I already lent it and got it back but I didnt do it for her, I did her for my dad.

My mom got pulled over in Harford County 15 years ago, they bankrupted her when she went to court and still took her license. Guess she got the wrong cop and the wrong judge because it was her first offense. She only had two drinks but didn't know her blood sugar also played in the role in her BAC. She got pulled over because she had a headlight out, but he smelled alcohol on her breath.

I would agree, if she's proud enough of her actions to post it on FaceBook, then post it for others to see...especially where she is a danger. Of course this could cause family issues.

I don't know Joe, this is a very difficult situation. It will take her losing everything to learn her lesson. With people in her life who are enabling her behavior, why should she stop? We had the same issue with my brother and his stealing habit. It took him losing family, his house, his truck and his spouse to learn his lesson. Not to mention he has third time loser law hanging over his head.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:00 PM

My advice Joe, is for you...An earlier post stated you loaned $1,000 to help bail her out. Next time, just say no. If she doesn't have the money and your parents won't help with it all, let her sit. Or let her call her "friends" and try to explain why at 4 AM she needs them to come bail her out. As far as always getting away with it because she is female and all the cops are male, try to document as many instances as you can. And as much as you hate to do it to your own sister and possibly destroy the careers of many law men, stand up at the next court hearing and produce said documentation of them failing to enforce the laws that are in place to protect the public. I honestly think the only way she is possibly going to learn anything at this point is to sit in a cell for at least a year.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by 08slatecobalt
My advice Joe, is for you...An earlier post stated you loaned $1,000 to help bail her out. Next time, just say no. If she doesn't have the money and your parents won't help with it all, let her sit. Or let her call her "friends" and try to explain why at 4 AM she needs them to come bail her out. As far as always getting away with it because she is female and all the cops are male, try to document as many instances as you can. And as much as you hate to do it to your own sister and possibly destroy the careers of many law men, stand up at the next court hearing and produce said documentation of them failing to enforce the laws that are in place to protect the public. I honestly think the only way she is possibly going to learn anything at this point is to sit in a cell for at least a year.
She lives in Myrtle Beach, SC. she has no friends down there. They are up here in MD. I loaned the $1000 to my dad, not her directly. She didnt ask me for it. I like your idea about documenting the cops but that is impossible. I would need to get a hold of the Officer name/ car number/ plate number. This would require me being in the car with her when she gets pulled over (Thats never gonna happen ) There was no one to bail her out down there so my dad wired her the money. She still needs to work her job. My dad won't leave her in a situation that will sacrifice a job that she's still holding on to cause frankily she bounces from job to job. Recently she's been steady with this one waitressing job.

^Just some other info that might shed light why certain events have happened. I would personally like her car to be taken from her... She could possibly realize the importance of having a driving privilege and might not gamble so dangerously anymore.
Old 08-24-2010, 01:42 PM

tbh, she can't ever get a government job anymore... not like that would make her sad...
and i think the girl with brown hair, in the picture with your sister... is from around here? she looks REALLY familiar to me
Old 08-24-2010, 02:10 PM

She lives in Myrtle Beach, SC. she has no friends down there. They are up here in MD. I loaned the $1000 to my dad, not her directly. She didnt ask me for it. I like your idea about documenting the cops but that is impossible. I would need to get a hold of the Officer name/ car number/ plate number. This would require me being in the car with her when she gets pulled over (Thats never gonna happen ) There was no one to bail her out down there so my dad wired her the money. She still needs to work her job. My dad won't leave her in a situation that will sacrifice a job that she's still holding on to cause frankily she bounces from job to job. Recently she's been steady with this one waitressing job.

^Just some other info that might shed light why certain events have happened. I would personally like her car to be taken from her... She could possibly realize the importance of having a driving privilege and might not gamble so dangerously anymore.
This does shed a little more light on the situation. It seems like she has the wool pulled over your parents eyes just a little bit. Unfortunately with that being said it would be very tough to convince them, but I think the only real way to turn her around right now would be the tough love situation. Just my .02 on the situation...good luck to you and your family with trying to get her straightened out.

Quick Reply: Why you should not drink and drive. NSFW