Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

*Update* To my CEL light problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Update* To my CEL light problem

I dropped the car off today because i was getting a reduced power light. The tech advisor told me that the cel has to do with the ecm and throttle body controller and they need to run new wires from the ECM to the TB? Umm WTF? Has anyone ever heard of this before?

The original problem had to do with the reduced power light coming on. I'd turn the car off and it would be back to normal and then 5 minutes later the light would come on again.

I was quoted 300+ to start. ******* wonderful. Should have traded this car in months ago.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had a similar issue with my '09 TC tonight. I still had OnStar, so I asked them what the reduced power was all about. They said it was coming back as a gas pedal sensor issue. Apparently the gas pedal wasn't making a consistant connection or something. Had to get it towed to the dealer since it kept pulling me back to a snail's pace and I couldn't get back safely like that. It'll be interesting to see what they find in the morning. I wonder if we've got a similar issue somehow. I don't think it was a boost leak, since I checked as best as I could and couldn't find anything.

I turned off the car and restarted it several times, but the light stayed on. Even after getting towed and backing it off the carrier, it was still staying on. It would be fine up until a certain speed or time and then it would say engine power reduced, pull any boost, and then flash ESC Off notification on the DIC.

On a separate note, it was interesting feeling what my car felt and drove like without any boost ability. It was quite a different animal.

Last edited by Stamina; 03-11-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stamina

On a separate note, it was interesting feeling what my car felt and drove like without any boost ability. It was quite a different animal.
It felt like a slug

Luckily yours is under warranty. These expenses will be coming out of pocket for me.

My car has under 30K miles and its doing this ****. Really pisses me off.