Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

06 SS/SC gauges problem plus steering question

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 SS/SC gauges problem plus steering question

I bought my 06 Cobalt SS/SC about 6 months ago, and I just put 5,000 miles on it since I have it with no problems. It has 42,000 miles on it now. No I have a weird problem thats bugging me. First when I'm driving the car sometimes all the gauges just shut down. RPMs, speed, and gas all go to zero. Then on the message board it flashes, low fuel, power steering, ABS. It just started a few days ago and did it a few times now. It stays on for about 10-20 seconds, then goes away. It just annoying and gets me nervous, but the car drives and handles fine when this happens. Also that symbol with the car with the lock comes on sometimes, that just started too. If I stop the car let it sit for a minute and start it back up that goes away. Whats causing this?? Im taking it to the stealership soon, so I will mention it. I have to get my steering fixed and get the power steering recall done.

2nd question is a steering/alignment question. A couple weeks ago I was driving home from work in the snow, and the car got loose and spun around and went up over the curb about 6" curb at about 25mph. It blew out my front tire on the passenger side thats the side that went over first. no other damage except for that plastic part that helps cooling under the bumper but I fixed the bracket on that.
Put a new tire on. But now when my car is driving straight the steering wheel is about 15 degrees to the left. When the steering wheel is centered it pulls hard right. the steering wheel stops at about 15 degrees left like as it should be centered there. The car goes pretty straight when the steering wheel is at the 15 degrees left spot, i can take my hands off the wheel and it goes straight. It got like this after I hit the curb. Hope it didn't mess anything up to much. I dont think its the alighnment since the steering wheel is like that. Whats wrong with this?
just trying to figure out what to expect before I take it to get fixed and the recall done.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nothing for #1
#2 there is something bent. it doesnt take much to throw an alignment off. trust me take it somewhere GOOD not jiffy lube or sears and have them check it probably bent strut or maybe tie rod end bent. good luck.