Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

? about warranty work

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
? about warranty work

I have a ?, i've been thinking about taking my car to have some potential issues to get looked at by dealer just to make everything is alright. Is it gonna be free or will they charge. Never had a new car or any car with warranty and would like a heads up before i go in and then get a bill.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
Nal

depending on what it is, should be covered under warranty, no out of pocket, but you'll only know if you ask the service writer
Old 11-22-2009, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
assuming your within your full bumper to bumper warranty frame, everything should be free. only issue is if the concern cannot be duplicated. that will be charged to you, usually .5h. the other thing would be obvious damage caused by the customer. most dealers are pretty good about that stuff though, unless the customer is a dink. we do a lot more for a friendly guy than one yelling and complaining..
Old 11-22-2009, 08:27 PM

going off your name you have an 09, youll be fine.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:04 PM
Nal

all you have to do is take the service writer for a ride and show him/her what the problem is, then there will be no surprises, that's what I did, with mine, just turned it in for a driver side clunk noise when going over bumps, intake nipple broken, my shifter floating over and skipping gears if I don't drive it like an old lady, I told the dude to ride with me so I could show him, and I let the him drive the car so he could experience my pain, lol, and a svc brake system message that popped a couple weeks ago but I reset it by accident before I could get to the dealer
Old 11-23-2009, 03:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It depends on what the issue is. Certain things are covered, others are not. It depends on if the problem you have is considered a wear item or not (Say you burned out your clutch or something...)

Read through the terms of the warranty to see if everything is going to be covered. If the dealership tries to say something isn't covered, don't get any service done and then come back and ask on the specific items they disputed. Also, GM's warranty hotline number is your friend if the dealership tries to pull the wool over your eyes. Dealerships HATE getting calls from GM over complaints.

Since for some odd reason Chevy's site doesn't seem to provide a full list of warranty items, I'll just link you to Pontiac.com's list (It all applies... it is GM's warranty policy): http://www.pontiac.com//warranty/?ev..._Warranty_Tile

Now of course, if you have any aftermarket additions, those aftermarket parts are not GM's problem. They also (via the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act) cannot deny you warranty from use of aftermarket parts UNLESS that part was the direct cause of the failure (So if the dealer tries to deny you a DIC failure based on using a Injen CAI, then you can politely tell them to go **** themselves).