Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Airbag Light... HELPPPP

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbag Light... HELPPPP

I just bought my cobalt and had to hook it up to one of our nice Snapon scanners at school (BYUI) and got these airbag codes...:

B1000 - Symptom 31. ECU performance?
B0012 (0D) - Driver frontal deployment loop stage 1 resistance above threshold
B0013 - Driver frontal deployment loop stage 2
B0081 - Passenger presence system (common seat belt issue?)
B3031 - Theft system (security system controller in learn mode) KEYS???
B3055 - Theft system (no transponder modulation or transponder) KEYS???
B3060 - Unprogrammed transponder identification code received KEYS???

Where should I start? Haha and what in the world is going on? Thanks in advance!!
Old 02-28-2018, 10:29 PM

hope this help will brake this down code by code i am a gm tech this will be the useful bits of what my diagnostic say
b1000
DTC B1000 31 Engine Control Unit Performance - General Checksum Error
The control module runs a program to detect an internal fault when power up is commanded.
A history DTC clears in all of the modules except the sensing and diagnostic module (SDM), when the ignition cycle counter reaches the reset threshold, without a repeat of the malfunction.
If the code is set in the SDM it will never clear and the Air Bag indicator will remain illuminated.

this is literally the diag for this b1000 code
Verify that DTC B1000 is not set.
If the DTC is set, perform the setup procedure on the control module. If the DTC resets replace the control module.

b0012 b0013 0D
is a high resistance code i would ohm out the wires end to end
at sdm check terminal 31 black wire with white tracer for good ground
color does not change looks like 3 conectors between sdm and air bag for all of the 4 following
then ohm out terminal 14 of sdm (tan wire) to the airbag connector also tan wire
ohm out terminal 15 of sdm brown wire to airbag also brown wire
ohm out termianl 17 of sdm white wire to airbag also white wire
ohm out terminal 16 of sdm pink wire to air bag also pink wire

b0081 i need the symptom byte but most of the time its the butt pad in the seat

b3031/b3055/b3060
make sure key has the transpoder in it this will be indicated by a "+" at the stalk of the key

Important: When using this diagnostic, more than one vehicle key is required to ensure proper diagnosis. If more than one key is not available at the time of service, contact the customer and ask if any other keys can be provided for service. If unavailable, a new second key can be created.

Inspect all available vehicle keys that they are correct vehicle keys .
If not a correct vehicle key, replace the key.
While viewing the scan tool TDM Transponder Key parameter, turn ON the ignition with each of the available vehicle keys. The parameter should read Present with all available keys.
If only one key results in the parameter reading Not Present, replace the affected key.
If all available keys result in the parameter reading Not Present, replace the TDM. if the parameter does change

if you only have one key and it has the "+" symbol on the key try a 30 minute learn
hook a battery tender up to vehicle battery is in the trunk in cobalts
This 30-minute learn procedure should be used when all vehicle keys are desired to be replaced or reprogrammed. This procedure will erase all previously learned vehicle keys from the TDM. Once the 30-minute learn procedure has been completed, any remaining vehicle keys may be programmed using the Adding Keys procedure to ensure their continued functionality.

With an unlearned master vehicle key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Observe the security indicator, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn off.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1–3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes.

Important: The TDM learns the key transponder information upon the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
With a master vehicle key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:40 PM

Summary

So basically the B1000 is just saying that there is an issue?

3031, 3055, and 3060 are just because the keys need reprogrammed?

And then B0012 and B0013 I need to test for resistance. Where is the SDM located?
Old 02-28-2018, 11:02 PM

b1000 could very well be a internal issue with the sdm

sdm is under the center console yes test for resistance

i would try the 30 minute learn first the drive deeper into weather or not the theft deterant is seeing a change in state