Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

battery dead (nothing left on)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
battery dead (nothing left on)

It snowed a lot here the other day while I was at work. I decided to leave my car in my boss's garage since she didn't mind. That was friday (7:30pm), so this morning (sunday) I go back to get it. The car won't start, but nothing had been left on in the car... nonetheless the car shuts off anything after 10 minutes anyway.

I then found a world of troubles. First, I figure since I have road side on my warrenty I would call them. All seemed to be going well. They got all my info and said I would get a call back in 5 minutes. 15 minutes goes by (it is -10 in the wind by the way) finally, the rep calls back to inform me that they will not be sending help. "Well, we can't get any of our guys to come; however, you can get this other guy and pay him $30 on the spot and we will pay you back." Nice, but I don't have 30 dollars on me. I was just getting dropped off to pick up my car... I filed a complaint about that, keep that in mind other owners.

Luckily, I had AAA service. I called them and they had a guy out there in 20 minutes. I got the car started right away. Now all the other errors start.

1) The lock light is lit. I hit the lock on my keys. Hit unlock, it goes off... I start the car it is back on. I try everything possible, it won't turn off. It isn't on blinking armed, but just constant lit on.

2) The airbag light is lit when starting. It blinks and beeps three times before turning off.

3) The check engine light is lit solid and won't turn off.

I let the car run in my garage for 40 minutes when I got home. It didn't solve any of these problems. I might get it up on my rack later and run some heat to see if the cold and wet maybe are causing trouble somewhere.

Other than that, I'm going to be fighting with the roadside department a while and calling the garage tomorrow to sort of some of this.

edit: Yeah, not the mention why does the battery go dead with nothing on in a car that is only a year old? It was doing good power wise when I left it. All that happened was cold weather and it was in a garage even. Something isn't right at all there. I already had it in once for electrical malfunctions.
Old 02-05-2007, 05:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Still not sure why the battery went dead, but after some heat... like 2 hours of constant heat, the lights all went away. It appears too that some snow must have got up in the muffler system to get the engine emission light set off. I actually had a lot of dripping going on. I really hate western PA roads. Keep in mind city people don't know what it's like in the north very often. Pittsburgh and 65 miles north are two different things.

I had people tell me how the roads weren't too bad etc and they aren't down there, but up here we have 2-4 inches of slush and ash all of the roads. They aren't clear with scattered 1/4 inch patches. The stupid stuff here is all over my car and apparently getting up underneath a lot. I like the car way too much to keep putting it through that. I do believe it is going to stay home even if I have to walk to work 5 miles in the cold.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mines been having that problem too. i leave it outside and when its cold (15 degrees and lower) and sitting over night, it wont start in the morning a quick jump and its perfectly fine.

my brother had the same exact thing, he brought his to the dealer and they just recharged the battery full, and retightened the connections. its been fine for about a week for him, so who knows
Old 01-30-2008, 09:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by silentd
mines been having that problem too. i leave it outside and when its cold (15 degrees and lower) and sitting over night, it wont start in the morning a quick jump and its perfectly fine.

my brother had the same exact thing, he brought his to the dealer and they just recharged the battery full, and retightened the connections. its been fine for about a week for him, so who knows
yeah ive had to jump my balt 3 times now in the last month. im planning on getting a flat top battery in when i get my next check