Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

borrow HP TUNERS ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 10:16 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by heeter_33
Enjoy.
Who tuned you? Is he the best in the world? Everyone makes mistakes man. I'm not rushing to get tuned by rakes I'm doing research and may or may not find a new tuner
Old 12-01-2016, 10:21 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
So many of those names I remember and wonder what happened to them. 40rty, baltbitch, omiogear, etc, I know what happens to sox fan and few but most I have no clue. Who was the guy who had the pic of the black ss that was taken on the Texas motor speedway as his cover photo?
or the 14 some revisions he had with my car and the previous owner and it still ran like ****. Took Term all of 2 revisions to have it running perfect, then I decided to start ******* around and i've got it running completely different but still damn strong
Old 12-01-2016, 10:39 PM

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by cobaltssdude420
Who tuned you? Is he the best in the world? Everyone makes mistakes man. I'm not rushing to get tuned by rakes I'm doing research and may or may not find a new tuner
I haven't been tuned yet. I still have parts and HPtuners sitting in my room from last Black Friday. But I'll use kmo to tune me. I've been on this site since 2009, so I'm just sharing some of the stuff I know man. If you want to use James, go ahead. I think most guys here would advise against it because they don't want you to have issues. Simple as that. They don't have some weird vengeance against the guy. They just have experience.
The following users liked this post:
KMO43 (12-02-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 10:50 PM

I haven't been tuned yet. I still have parts and HPtuners sitting in my room from last Black Friday. But I'll use kmo to tune me. I've been on this site since 2009, so I'm just sharing some of the stuff I know man. If you want to use James, go ahead. I think most guys here would advise against it because they don't want you to have issues. Simple as that. They don't have some weird vengeance against the guy. They just have experience.
One guy will say a tuner is great and his car has ran with the tune for over 150k but then another will say they've just bought the car, got it tuned by the same person, and it runs like **** after 50k. It's not always the tuner's fault but rather the driver and how well he/she takes care of their car. Who is they also?
Old 12-01-2016, 10:54 PM

They is the people on this forum.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:02 PM

They is the people on this forum.
I dunno man. A guy who is banned from a forum for doing bad tuning is pretty far out. Am I hearing lies from all these people who are telling me about how they got tuned, ran into problems, found rakes and he fixed the tune for them? Have you heard about the clutch he designed?
Old 12-01-2016, 11:05 PM

I'm pretty sure he was banned for other reasons. But the information is out there for you to make a decision. Just remember, the advice you received about your first tuner wasn't wrong.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:11 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
He was a complete and total *******, thats why he was banned. If you didn't agree with him he would verbally attack you. He also tried to say he designed the KY Clutch kit and all kinds of other bullshit. He was another who copied and pasted tunes from others, no idea if he ever worked out or learned how to tune without insulting others (given his behavior on fb he hasn't grown up one bit). Nothing was ever his fault, always something else.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:25 PM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
Kmo43 tune or bust
KMO43 (12-02-2016)
Old 12-01-2016, 11:28 PM

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts
I dunno man. A guy who is banned from a forum for doing bad tuning is pretty far out. Am I hearing lies from all these people who are telling me about how they got tuned, ran into problems, found rakes and he fixed the tune for them? Have you heard about the clutch he designed?
Have you heard of all the balts hes blown up? Dont do what you always do. Just listen for once if you love your cobalt.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by no_ss
Have you heard of all the balts hes blown up? Dont do what you always do. Just listen for once if you love your cobalt.
If he's actually blown up more than 2 or 3 Balts I'd like to see proof. I don't doubt what your saying. I've never done what I always do lol. I've just said a lot of stupid **** in here because I got too excited about a car that I finally paid off
Old 12-02-2016, 06:16 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
I've met James and while he may be a little juvenile at times, personally I don't have issues with him. He takes pretty good care of the guys he works with. I can say by reading some older threads in here and being around the sight before he was banned, there were some issues. There were times when he didn't quite follow through in revising tunes leaving some with cars that didn't run as well as others. There were discussions in some of the threads that involved multiple tuners and James didn't fare well when it came to knowledge of what to do with the tunes to improve them. He also suffered from setting the cars to "kill" because the owners asked for more power, which eventually blew the motors. Any of the tuners on here now will only go so far on the tunes, as to not run the risk of the engine failing even if customers asked for more. My tuner has done great with my car and I'm happing I have no torque spike, and there are some safe guards in the tune to keep the motor and trans from popping.
Old 12-02-2016, 10:01 AM

Received 140 Likes on 120 Posts
look i was tuned by him when i first got my lnf. lets just say 10k miles into my tune the transmission completely took a **** on me. come to find out the tune had boost sooo spiked mid range i deteriorated 3rd gear. granted thats the gear that usually always goes but i went 95k on and off of 93 and E47 withoug a single problem from the tuner i recently had. His ego is what gets in the way of him. its literally RP tuned or bust. he treated me like an ******* when all i was doing was trying to learn about tuning and my car. everything i asked i got a short answer or he was being a dick.

His reputation that he has on facebook is becasue hes got young punk kids coming to him for tunes who know about nobody else who can tune. so he sits there soaks in the money those young punk kids praise him like hes a god and does no harm. if i had a facebook i would speak my opinions and probably be blocked from him or something because i know how he works first hand.

Look im not telling you what to do, but just like i said yesterday the guys on here know what they are talking about. the facebook community and the forum are 2 COMPLETELY different communities. if you want good solid information and advice from guys who will tell you straight up with no b.s. on whats going on or what you should do then come to the forum. if you want one sided tuning advice and young kids who know nothing and just ramble on whose d*** is bigger then by all means go to facebook.

end rant.
The following 2 users liked this post by hawkssoccer11:
ECaulk (12-02-2016), Snail_SS (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by hawkssoccer11
look i was tuned by him when i first got my lnf. lets just say 10k miles into my tune the transmission completely took a **** on me. come to find out the tune had boost sooo spiked mid range i deteriorated 3rd gear. granted thats the gear that usually always goes but i went 95k on and off of 93 and E47 withoug a single problem from the tuner i recently had. His ego is what gets in the way of him. its literally RP tuned or bust. he treated me like an ******* when all i was doing was trying to learn about tuning and my car. everything i asked i got a short answer or he was being a dick.

His reputation that he has on facebook is becasue hes got young punk kids coming to him for tunes who know about nobody else who can tune. so he sits there soaks in the money those young punk kids praise him like hes a god and does no harm. if i had a facebook i would speak my opinions and probably be blocked from him or something because i know how he works first hand.

Look im not telling you what to do, but just like i said yesterday the guys on here know what they are talking about. the facebook community and the forum are 2 COMPLETELY different communities. if you want good solid information and advice from guys who will tell you straight up with no b.s. on whats going on or what you should do then come to the forum. if you want one sided tuning advice and young kids who know nothing and just ramble on whose d*** is bigger then by all means go to facebook.

end rant.
Best answer ever
hawkssoccer11 (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 12:55 PM

end rant.
Good to know, thanks for that. So who would you all recommend for good tuners then?
Old 12-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
Kmo43 is a great tuner and easy to get a hold off
KMO43 (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 01:16 PM

Received 140 Likes on 120 Posts
Good to know, thanks for that. So who would you all recommend for good tuners then?
a lot of the great tuners that were here for years have left, for instance Area47, Term2, 09cobaltss, but KMO43 right now is a very very good tuner so id go with him

Last edited by hawkssoccer11; 12-02-2016 at 01:23 PM.
KMO43 (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 02:26 PM

a lot of the great tuners that were here for years have left, for instance Area47, Term2, 09cobaltss, but KMO43 right now is a very very good tuner so id go with him
Right on. I'll send him a message and see what's up.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:13 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
John (09CobaltSS) still tunes, he is just busy. He tuned mine and will again once I get the zfr on over the winter. Kmo will be easier to reach.
Old 12-02-2016, 05:46 PM

Yeah KMO replied right away earlier today. It'll be interesting to see what he can find in my log...
Old 12-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Snail_SS
Kmo43 is a great tuner and easy to get a hold off
Rakes doesnt think so lol every tuner on here is **** according to him.

Ya kmo is a great tuner.
KMO43 (12-02-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
I don't know that guy but it seems he thinks any tuner other than him sucks
Old 12-02-2016, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Snail_SS