Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Brake Fluid Light

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Fluid Light

Like in the title, my brake fluid light keeps popping up and annoying me. Happened about 6 weeks ago, checked it, brake fluid was low (duh). Filled it up and it went away. Now it's back, but my fluid is perfectly fine. Brakes aren't mushy, everything is working fine, but it keeps dinging at me and it's starting to **** me off. Anybody else have this issue? Bad sensor maybe? If nothing else, is there a way I can override the notification to make it go away?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by YoBaltSS
Like in the title, my brake fluid light keeps popping up and annoying me. Happened about 6 weeks ago, checked it, brake fluid was low (duh). Filled it up and it went away. Now it's back, but my fluid is perfectly fine. Brakes aren't mushy, everything is working fine, but it keeps dinging at me and it's starting to **** me off. Anybody else have this issue? Bad sensor maybe? If nothing else, is there a way I can override the notification to make it go away?

Any help would be appreciated.
My 2006 had a leak in one of the rear calipers and it would cause the alarm to go off.The brakes didnt realy feel bad but because of the leak there was air in the system.If you had to add fluid it had to have gone somewhere.Also the fluid resivour is shared with the clutch so check for leaks there too.