Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

car wouldnt start

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car wouldnt start

last night i was at my sisters house and when i left the radio clock was reset to midnight so i reset it. today i went to the insurance place to switch insurance and came out started my car clock was reset again. so i left for work got to work sittin there smoking and my radio turned off and turned back on. didnt think anything of it just thought the radio was about to go out. well lunch time came around at work and i wanted to go to wendys or mcdonalds. i hit the lock button because i was going to start my car before i went out. the lights flashed like normal but no start. so i went to the car tried to unlock with keyless but didnt. so i unlocked with my key. alarm went off then turned off. so i stuck the key in and it would start no lights nothing. ofcourse the key gets stuck so i had to remove the plastic thing under the wheel and get it out. so i tried again and the lights came on and then went off and key got stuck again. so i got it out. i done this about 4 times. then i gave up. so i called the dealership and made an appointment for in the morning. i thought i was going to have to have it towed to the dealership. when i left work i went out and tried again and it got stuck all over again. so i checked the battery to make sure it was all connected. well the negative was completely off. i put it back on and everything is fine now. my question is should i still take it to the dealership to make sure everything electrical wise is ok?
Old 02-25-2009, 07:13 AM

A dead/dying battery or a lose connection can easily cause all of your symptoms. I wouldn't bother taking it to the dealer unless the problems continue w/ the battery connected and charged.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check the battery connections there was a know problem with the bolt that holds the terminals on being striped or loose.
To reset the clock and then later the no start leads me to belive that your problem is a lose connection some where if not at the battery.
Check the cable connections by trying to rotate the terminal wires on the battery and if they move tighten them.
Old 02-25-2009, 12:36 PM

yea the negative cable was completely off when i looked last night. it was just 4 hours of sitting at work thinkin wtf is wrong with my car then got out there and looked at the battery and the cable was off. felt like a ******* oh well. i didnt take it to the dealership this morning i called them they said to just make sure everything was tight with the battery and if it happens when everything is connected to the battery to take it to them