Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

CEL Codes

Old 01-04-2019, 08:09 PM
  #1  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 08-16-15
Location: Florida
Posts: 97
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
CEL Codes

So I have a P0420 and P0033.
I'm just going to chop the cat off but would the code for the P0420 disappear if I do? (from what I understand cat is probably not good based on previous posts)
Also would the P0420 cause the P0033 code to appear or do i need to change the Bypass Valve Solenoid?

06 2.0L Supercharged. Also from what I've read this is cause the car from making boost since according to the gauge no longer makes more than like 5 sometimes?
Wind is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 10:11 PM
  #2  
New Member
 
Join Date: 02-10-19
Location: Texas
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm no expert, but removing the cat is not gonna clear up a p0420, since that code is saying the cat isn't working in the first place.
Cleburne Red is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:45 PM
  #3  
New Member
 
Join Date: 01-12-19
Location: Boyertown pa
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
3 options to fix the cat code
1. Replace with oem one or a really good aftermarket one
2. Install catless down pipe and install 02 sensor spacer in the downstream 02 sensor
3. Install catless down pipe and get a tune put on to delete the code.

as far as the supercharger code you may to take it to a performance shop to have it diag first or do some more research. I'm not too familiar with the supercharged cobalts.
C0balts5 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:58 PM
  #4  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 08-16-15
Location: Florida
Posts: 97
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Cleburne Red View Post
I'm no expert, but removing the cat is not gonna clear up a p0420, since that code is saying the cat isn't working in the first place.
It was more for if I remove it would it change to a different code altogether.

Originally Posted by C0balts5 View Post
3 options to fix the cat code
1. Replace with oem one or a really good aftermarket one
2. Install catless down pipe and install 02 sensor spacer in the downstream 02 sensor
3. Install catless down pipe and get a tune put on to delete the code.

as far as the supercharger code you may to take it to a performance shop to have it diag first or do some more research. I'm not too familiar with the supercharged cobalts.
Thanks Iíll try the spacer thing then.
Wind is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:01 PM
  #5  
New Member
 
Join Date: 01-12-19
Location: Boyertown pa
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
You can try a spacer first. Only think I don't like about with doing that is if your cat is starting to come apart and you put the spacer in, yeah the cat code will be gone but if it's bad enough it will break apart and clog up the exhaust.
C0balts5 is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:02 PM
  #6  
New Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 08-16-15
Location: Florida
Posts: 97
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by C0balts5 View Post
You can try a spacer first. Only think I don't like about with doing that is if your cat is starting to come apart and you put the spacer in, yeah the cat code will be gone but if it's bad enough it will break apart and clog up the exhaust.
yeah I meant to say Iím still cutting it off either way Iím turboing it soon just want to make sure these ďsmall problemsĒ arenít something bigger
Wind is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:30 AM
  #7  
New Member
 
Join Date: 01-12-19
Location: Boyertown pa
Posts: 95
Likes: 0
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
That'll be nice. I have a 08 lnf ss. Love the sound of the turbo.
C0balts5 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Chad92
Problems/Service/Maintenance
6
05-31-2010 11:30 PM
DoubleLP
Problems/Service/Maintenance
14
01-22-2008 09:33 PM
Tofu
Problems/Service/Maintenance
5
03-29-2006 12:20 AM
nick11
2.0L LSJ Performance Tech
23
11-08-2005 01:47 AM
Tofu
Problems/Service/Maintenance
8
10-23-2005 08:29 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CEL Codes


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.