Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Check engine light error codes and sluggish behavior,ideas/suggestions please

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check engine light error codes and sluggish behavior,ideas/suggestions please

Hello,

I have an 2006 2.0 ss supercharged cobalt.

I've had a check engine light on and off for awhile, but never had any performance issues. It was always just one code.

But now the cobalt is acting super sluggy, my dads borrowed it the last couple days so i can't tell if anything happened to cause it at that time. We scanned the check engine light and it showed the error codes P0130 and P0134. The auto part guy suggested it sounds like the oxygen sensor is going out.

HOWEVER what i really am worried about, is the boost gage wont go above 0 when trying to accelerate. In fact it goes to the -5 mark and sticks, when accelerating normaly like on the highway it would usually go to like 6-7 range.

I'm a little paranoid something is wrong with the supercharger. Sensor i feel would be a bit easy to fix...

I know that the supercharger going can cause that check engine light, just hopefully not that codes. So if anyone feels it could be that supercharger or if its more than likely just a sensor or a vacuum hose , or something else (if people had similar codes) i'd really appreciate the input!
Old 09-13-2012, 09:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could be just the boost bypass valve not working properly.
Check that the shaft on the bypass isn't rusted and stuck.
Check vac lines to it as well.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im having trouble with my boost gague and my supercharger. The supercharger is not whinning like it used to and i have a lot of miles on my car. Its a 2005 cobalt ss 2.0. I have had the issues with the engine lights but today i just cleaned my throtle body and i changed two vaccume lines and my light came back on with two codes. The first one was ECM Keep Alive and the second one was Lean back 1. I have a K&N typhoon intake what can i do to get my supercharger back to where it was and stop these engine lights from appearing again? Please help Thank you
Old 09-18-2012, 07:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Cynesra
Hello,

I have an 2006 2.0 ss supercharged cobalt.

I've had a check engine light on and off for awhile, but never had any performance issues. It was always just one code.

But now the cobalt is acting super sluggy, my dads borrowed it the last couple days so i can't tell if anything happened to cause it at that time. We scanned the check engine light and it showed the error codes P0130 and P0134. The auto part guy suggested it sounds like the oxygen sensor is going out.

HOWEVER what i really am worried about, is the boost gage wont go above 0 when trying to accelerate. In fact it goes to the -5 mark and sticks, when accelerating normaly like on the highway it would usually go to like 6-7 range.

I'm a little paranoid something is wrong with the supercharger. Sensor i feel would be a bit easy to fix...

I know that the supercharger going can cause that check engine light, just hopefully not that codes. So if anyone feels it could be that supercharger or if its more than likely just a sensor or a vacuum hose , or something else (if people had similar codes) i'd really appreciate the input!
Both of those codes are basically o2 performance codes for your primary o2 sensor (aka up stream o2, aka narrow band, aka b1s1 o2). I would start by replacing that sensor, clear the codes and see what happens. I have a feeling your maf sensor could possibly be giving you issues as well, but I would start with the issue at hand with the o2 sensor.