Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Clutch Slipping at high RPMs after oil change

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, update. I brought it to a local shop and they replaced it with an OEM clutch. They charged $757 that's including parts. The clutch kit was I think around $230. Their receipt doesn't give a part number or price of the clutch, kind of odd. I had a look at the old clutch, it was in bad shape. It wasn't the original, at least that's what the mechanic told me. I think it was a ZZP because the rest of the car is decked out in ZZP mods, I figure the previous owner went with a ZZP clutch also.
He told me he couldn't get all the air out and to pump the clutch pedal a bunch of times, and driving it will get rid of the air. He also said if it's still spongy after the weekend let him know.
So a couple things I noticed when driving. The release point from the clutch pedal to clutch engagement is so low that it's frustrating. I'm talking a centimeter from the floor the car is jumping. Anyway to adjust that ?
Also when I hit my brakes while turning my steering wheel shakes, almost like I have warped rotors. I'm pretty sure they had to take the wheel assembly out to get to the clutch. What would cause this?
Also, what's a good practice to break in a new clutch? I just drove it normally but I think it feels a little weaker than the clutch I had in prior.