Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Couple of issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 09:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Couple of issues

First off, this is a 2006 LS Sedan with all of 51K on the odometer. My daughter received this from my mother when she was no longer able to drive. All recalls are up to date.

First, I hear a "tic" sound when the blower is on. It speeds up with an increase in the fan speed. I changed the long overdue cabin filter along with clean the cowl area. But noise is still here. Any idea what to look for next?

Second, I noticed in the right tail light about an inch of water. Lens doesn't show any signs of damage, except the water inside. Inside edge seems to match the left side. So I'm not sure where/how the water is getting in. I see 2 bolts at the inside edge, are those the only 2 that need to be taken out to remove the tail light assembly? Gonna pull it and see if I can find out damage, will replace if I can't find any. As far as I know, it's the original bulb. I replaced the left side several years ago.

Third, non of the dash vents are adjustable anymore. Not sure if they have heat welded themselves in place. Any way to pull them off so I can try and free them up, without damaging them?

Car has been in the family since 07 and it's been a good car. Been perfect for my daughter to learn to drive on. Future plans are power locks along with a audio upgrade. Pretty sure the front speakers are dead.....lol Imagine deteriorated like those in my old HHR were. Plus I want to add an AUX and Bluetooth. But no hurry for that until she actually turns 16. Stocking up on components though.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:17 AM

Received 531 Likes on 455 Posts
1) There is usually a "light" ticking noise with these cars due to cheap parts, but if it's still loud, you may still have leaves or other debris kicking around. There's a lot of hiding places for leaves.

2) if there's a hole in the sealing of the taillight, water will find a way in. You can either air dry or oven dry (much faster) and reseal it or go to junk yard and find another.

3) The vents you can pop out and clean with solution, or this is another item you're picking up at the junkyard.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks, I'm going to try and clean up the taillight and reseal, but prepared to replace if needed. Just wanted to make sure I knew all the bolts to remove.

Figured leaves probably got in there as the cowl was filthy.... Hoping they break up at some point. Not too loud, but annoying.

Glad to hear the vents just pop out.