Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Crankshaft position sensor,(ckp), cranks no start, p0335,starter

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 09:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crankshaft position sensor,(ckp), cranks no start, p0335,starter

Yesterday afterwork my 07 SS/SC cut off at a stop sign, luckily I was able to coast backwards and park next to a curb. I tried to start it but it only cranks. I thought it was a MAF issue(similar symptoms). But after 15-25 minutes of listening to music and letting it cool I tried it once more and BAM it fired right up and I was able to get home quickly. Once. Was home I saw it threw a code. I scanned it and P0335 appeared. So I looked around for a "how to", I didn't find anything worth while. People online said that you need to remove the intake manifold and starter. But someone commented that they snuck their hand in for a quick swap.so for further detail I went up to my old shop and pulled it up "all data" and it showed that the starter needed to be removed. And had a small diagram of where the CKP was located. I didn't feel like removing the starter, cause well I'm big and lazy.. And it was actually worth it in my opinion.

If your remove the 2(10MM) bolts from the supercharger that holds that little coolant resivior,and push it out of the way you can access it. If my big fingers can do it you sure can. 2 inches under the bottom of the oil filter housing is a wire, that wire is leads to the sensor. I used a little flexible head mirror to get a decent look at it. It's just 1(10MM) bolt. Remove the one bolt carefully not to drop it, a bit of a pain to retrieve it later. Once the bolt is removed I used angled needle nose pliers to wiggles the sensor out. Be aware of the clip as not to damage it. Once out lightly oil new sensor O-ring and swap. Took me less than 40 minutes start to finish. Any questions comments concern shoot me a comment or w.e I'll try to be as helpful as possible. Hope this helps.
Old 11-22-2015, 03:03 PM
USA Y U NO HAVE AUTOBAHN?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you post this diagram?
I may have a similar problem