Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Dealing with GM... Anyone did this before??

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by budz1065
Heres my story. I love my ride but........ the dealership I bought from sucks. I drove an hour to buy the car. No SS's on the lots up here. Why? Dont know. Needless to say I signed for VIN etching and did not get it. This dealership had a "closer" come in on me after I told the cool salesman I was dealing with I wanted only GAP ins. I get home I look it all over and whalaaaa, Sneaky **** slid an extra $497 for the etching. I got the survey and a reminder card so I called the dealership to complain. First I complain about the closing salesman and how he would not take no for an answer. THen they offer the missing key fob I did not get and to come in so they can do my ethcing. Why didn't they tell me when I left it was not on there? I havent called back cuz mgr left me a voice mail leaving the same scumbag closer as my point of contact. Why didn't they disclose this to me? I was there for 3 1/2 hours. Anyways, I am sending off my survey with a letter complaining about that dealership. I just wonder if I will ever get my tires for life voided the more fuss I make. I also wonder if they have voided something legal if the VIN etching is not on the car.

OH yeah, the mgr said they were only helping me leave quickly that day cuz of my 3 yr old son getting rammy. More like they took advantage of me.
I figure the only thing they are obligated to do is to put the etching on and the harrass me when I come in for service. I signed for it so I see myself as phuct.

tell them you will come back for the etching but they have to fill your tank up with gas since it's a two hour round trip for you and it SHOULD have been done BEFORE you picked the car up or tell them to pay a closer dealership to do it since it was there mistake! when i bought my car they ordered it from another dealership and when i was riding home the brakes shuttered so bad it damn near ripped the steering wheel out of my hands cause the rotors were sooo rusted and pitted. i called and bitched because they had to drive the car 100 miles from the othr dealership and they damn well should have felt the shutter. so they offered to cut the rotors. i was like **** no! this is a BRAND NEW CAR there is NO WAY there are cut rotors going on this thing that will only cause them to warp again! so after fighting and 3 trip back cause they kept ordering rotors for the NON-SS they fixed it and filled my tank up!
Old 11-05-2006, 02:45 PM

^^^ Yeah dude, I def want some compensation.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by punkincobalt
I bought my car almost a month ago. It was a nightmare for the most part. They gave me a free tank of gas for my troubles. (the car was delivered late, very late) there were paperwork issues, the dash has 2 holes in it, the wrong car was delivered, they made me comeback and resign a new contract 3 weeks later with a higher intrest rate with almost 2000 miles on it, threatned to repo if I didnt sign it then) anyways, I get my survey from GM , and a letter from the dealership stating that they want me to be COMPLETLY SATIFIED. BS! They are getting a bad review. I wrote a 3 page letter expaling the details of the purchase and I am sending a copy to the dealer and GM customer service. What will most likely happen? I am happy with the car, its what we expected, but as far as buying from that dealership again- forget it. I am worried the dealership will null and void the contract and ask for the car back....AGAIN! I am thinking of purchising a full size truck for work, and i told them in the letter, are they going to try and smooze me over with somthing or will my complaint be filed in a cabinet in some corner for use as a statistic for later? I am interested if anyone has done the same thing. To be honest, the only thing they could do for me to make me hppy is give me the car (I know this is'nt going to happen) or let me trade in for a new one.. which I would obviously get an SS/SC. Tell me whats up guys..

GM Is a pain in the ass. Ive been dealing with the customer service since June and now i have an attorney and Gm is trying to deny my claim so now we are going into a lawsuit. Big problems and a lot of time wasted. After all this Im going back to FORD!