Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Eating cd's

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eating cd's

I was on my way home from school for Easter break last Wed and somewhere out of the goodness of my heart I agreed to take this kid James with me who lives in my area. He's absolutely huge, his knees touch my glovebox even when the seat is back the whole way, and our shoulders rub when we're both in the car. (I'm a 5'3" 130 lb girl...he's goliath) He's autistic and sometimes gets a temper, so I just try to agree with whatever he says for our 3 hour drive home. I didn't really want to take him home, but it's a long drive and it seemed like a big waste of gas for his parents to come get him when I was going home anyhow. As we're driving, he suddenly decided to take out my cd (without asking) and put in one of his own (again, without asking). To top it off - it was Christian rap. Yeah, I go to church, but Christian rap, c'mon! It was horrible! It wasn't even professionally done, it was just a demo cd some of his friends from school put together. But it was only a demo, and I decided I could sit through 4 horrible songs to keep the peace. When it was finally over - the cd wouldn't come out. And it wouldn't play. Turning the radio on and off didn't help, and turning the car on and off didn't help. So this horrible horrible Christian rap cd is stuck in my cd player. On Friday all of the sudden it changed its mind and the cd played. And Friday night it suddenly decided to come out. I've never been so happy in my life. It turns out they put one of those printed cd stickers on it and it wasn't centered or anything. That's what was causing it to get stuck. I would have never let him put it in if I had seen it, but I was in traffic on the interstate when he decided to commandeer my cd player. Before it came out, I had called the dealer about taking it in. They said they'd have to pull the whole system out and send it away to be fixed. Even then they weren't sure if they'd be able to get the cd out. I know other people have had this problem with burnt cd's and what not, but I couldn't find the threads. Do they really have to send them away and what not to get those cd's out? I'd have never made it the 150 miles back up here without a radio at all. Needless to say I won't be taking this kid home with me ever ever again.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:18 PM

LOL... that's actually kinda funny. I'm putting my money on the sticker being the problem. Putting stickers on a CD throws off a sensitive balance within the player where if you're lucky, you'll end up with a scratched CD. I think you got the worst case scenario.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:22 PM

Aww I thought he was going to eat the cd... Ah well it was still a good story.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by BLKSS
Aww I thought he was going to eat the cd... Ah well it was still a good story.
Likewise...after you said he took out your cd, I totally expected him to take a bite out of it. But quite entertaining nonetheless.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:58 PM

People know better than to touch MY stereo in MY car. I tell them politely "Please remove your cd from my cd player before i throw it out the window"
Old 04-23-2006, 03:19 PM

If you got the disk out with the sticker still attatched to the disk I don't see why there would still be a problem. To test it out I would insert a blank cd w/o stickers and what not and see if it works. If not send it in and don't worry about losing the disk if they can't get it out. If it works, great ou don't have to send it in and you can listen to your cd's without fear.