Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Fog Light Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fog Light Issues

I've been having troubles with my left fog light on my 2007 SS/SC. For awhile, it wouldnt turn on when i turned the fogs on. Then one day a week or so later, i noticed in a reflection from a store window that it was, in fact, on now. Next day, it was off again i double checked by actually getting out of the car and standing in front of it.

So, a gm tech told me that it could be a bad bulb or that the bulb was going bad. I have Nokya yellows in, so i put the stock bulbs back in and tried again, to no avail. still had issues.

Then, I took out the headlight, went down to the fogs, and pulled it out. while holding it, still attached to the wiring to the car, I turned the fogs on. i noticed it would turn on and off if i just put pressure on the connecting piece in different ways. So i turned it off and removed the bulb from the connector to inspect. This is what I found:

(nice and large to show detail. taken from my droid x)

Looks like the right side looks normal, and the left side is like guaged out. Could this be from melting or something? I checked this versus the other foglight connector and both of those (left and right) ones look like the right side here.

a) is this a cheap fix to have gm do it? or should i order the part and do it myself?
if so...
b) can i do the fix myself? I installed an injen cai, and have swapped headlights and the such haha i wouldn't call myself a mechanic by any means.

Let me know what you all think. The thing is going to GM on thursday to get other crap fixed. reverse light switch (i believe), clunking in the left front strut (after they just charged me 900 for a new strut assembly - NOT happy about this).

My car has nothing going right on it, and it makes me unhappy. For example, $900 new strut at 41k miles is simply unreasonable. add that to the laundry list.

/rant
Old 04-07-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe the bulbs were of a higher wattage than stock. I've melted a harness this way on a civic. Easy fix though, you can just buy a new harness and splice the wires.