Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

grrr emblem on steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 11:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry grrr emblem on steering wheel

alright so i bent the little bowtie thing in the middle of the steering wheel. dont ask how. anyway can it be fixed without getting a new one? and if it needs to be replaced do you think it can be covered under warranty? from my knowledge the only way to replace it is by replacing the whole steering wheel/airbag assembly. anybody know anything?
Old 03-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Banned

how the hell did u bend the emblem on the steering wheel....if u were getting road head and she hit the emblem with her head than id say im proud of you ....but how did u do that
Old 03-24-2007, 11:44 PM

^^^ he said dont ask... lol... but really wtf did you do, you cant tell us not to ask, and expect us not to ask, haha... but to answer your question i dont think there is a quick fix right now
Old 03-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Banned

no, because as he said...itd be part of the airbag assembly
Old 03-24-2007, 11:46 PM

someone send they ordered center caps for our wheels and used that in there....idk how, but you could try it
Old 03-24-2007, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by RedSSBaltSC
someone send they ordered center caps for our wheels and used that in there....idk how, but you could try it
god forbid i ever got in an accident and had a wheel center cap on my steering wheel it would probably go through my head and i would most definitely die.

and to answer the rest of your questions. haha i was being dumb and honking at this bus in front of me because the kids in the back were being dumb. i was waving at them and they were just staring at me and not waving, so i hit the horn.... with my head for some reason hahaha (no i was not in the car by myself im not that lame) anyway it bent the **** out of it. of all places my head had to hit there.

you asked and you got your answer haha
Old 03-24-2007, 11:51 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CinciSS07
alright so i bent the little bowtie thing in the middle of the steering wheel. dont ask how. anyway can it be fixed without getting a new one? and if it needs to be replaced do you think it can be covered under warranty? from my knowledge the only way to replace it is by replacing the whole steering wheel/airbag assembly. anybody know anything?
I just removed mine and put an Opel one in there since I rebadged everything Opel on my car.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I manage a collision center and no you cannot get the emblem seperately. It is made into the airbag assembly. You either have to live with it or pony up about $700 for the airbag plus install. Sorry
Old 03-24-2007, 11:53 PM
Banned

y opel?
Old 03-24-2007, 11:55 PM

god forbid i ever got in an accident and had a wheel center cap on my steering wheel it would probably go through my head and i would most definitely die.

and to answer the rest of your questions. haha i was being dumb and honking at this bus in front of me because the kids in the back were being dumb. i was waving at them and they were just staring at me and not waving, so i hit the horn.... with my head for some reason hahaha (no i was not in the car by myself im not that lame) anyway it bent the **** out of it. of all places my head had to hit there.

you asked and you got your answer haha
thats an awesome story lol... i think a wheel center cap would work great and as long as you use some good adhesive i dont think it would come off it your airbag deployed.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:56 PM

i didnt think so. oh well. i bent the rest of it in so it kinda matches. im going to ask my dad about warranty covering it. ill just leave out the part where i hit it with my head though haha.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:59 PM

Sorry to say , GM does not sell just the emblem . GM's legal department would croke if that part were available to purchase Its agaisnt the law to disassemble or modify a functional airbag and the Cobalt airbag cover would have to be removed from the airbag itself to change the emblem . Theres long tabs on the emblem that fold over into groves on the backside . Thats why GM cant legally sell it separately as a service part .
Old 03-25-2007, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i didnt think so. oh well. i bent the rest of it in so it kinda matches. im going to ask my dad about warranty covering it. ill just leave out the part where i hit it with my head though haha.
You are wasting your time on the warranty issue. The answer is NO. Accept it.
Old 03-25-2007, 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by MISSMATCHEDFACES
y opel?
I think the Bowtie is one of the most hideous looking emblems out there. I have nothing against chevy's OBVIOUSLY, but I just don't care for the emblem.

I also wanted to be different. So I bought Projectors, Opel Front and rear badges, Opel Wheel badges, and Opel steering Wheel badges.

Any I took off all of the stock emblems including the SS's. I used the SUPERCHARGED emblems from the STS-V cause they are about a foot long and you can read them. I have one on my dash and one on my trunk.

For the most part people look at my car like it's a Ferrari, unlike the Ricer effect that other cars get.

Sure it's not an Opel, but it is an American car with European internals. And the Lightning bolt is a sick emblem. Although I am tired of people thinking that I was trying to make it look like a Nissan Z emblem. Those Z's WISH they were this cool. But I see their point it has the overall shape of the nissan logo, and the lightning bolt looks like a Z.

Originally Posted by SilverSS/SC
Sorry to say , GM does not sell just the emblem . GM's legal department would croke if that part were available to purchase Its agaisnt the law to disassemble or modify a functional airbag and the Cobalt airbag cover would have to be removed from the airbag itself to change the emblem . Theres long tabs on the emblem that fold over into groves on the backside . Thats why GM cant legally sell it separately as a service part .
Lol, I got them out No Problem, just a flat head screw driver and a pair of small pliers. Did I break the Law? I also tore that tab off of my matress......that's it I'm barricading myself in the house, I think I can hear the sirens!

Last edited by Psykostevo; 03-25-2007 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 AM

Any pics Psykostevo? Where did you get the Opel stuff?
Old 03-25-2007, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by spaz
Any pics Psykostevo? Where did you get the Opel stuff?
Here are some pics: