Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Hajek Chevrolet, missing bolt!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2008, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hajek Chevrolet, missing bolt!!!

This isn't regaurding my SS/SC but my friend's 06 SS/SC with 18k miles. He bought the car cheap from Burt Chevy in Colorado. We knew it had a new tranny because we knew the old owner who had it less than 400 miles when the tranny took a crap. He brought it back and got a new identical car with no issues. Weird huh?

So my friend bought the car CHEAP as a new car with a warranty and with a new tranny and it ran fine for 1,500 miles. Then the slave cylinder hydrolocked, this made the car almost impossible to drive so he took it to the local chevy dealer (Hajek in Colorado). They fixed the car under warranty after 2 weeks in the shop without a rental or loaner (Under 25 I guess?).

Since then the clutch has been touch and go. Sometimes holds, and sometimes slips. Also, he has two mods, K&N Intake and Eibach Springs. The intake was installed at 4k and it always fit a lot tighter than mine (same year and intake). It rubs on the computer pretty bad. The springs were installed at 17k and have had no issues.

Two days ago, he put it on the rack at work (firestone) and noticed that the tranny mount was missing the bottom bolt to the tranny. He also noticed the top bolt was very loose. So loose the mount could be moved by hand almost an inch away from the tranny.

He took it to Hajek because they did the work last and they put a new bolt in. He then took it back to work and looked at the mount. The new bolt is a different color and looks used and it is hand tight. They stripped the bottom threads and it will not hold for long or at all!

The manager at Hajek was a real dick and started cussing at us when we tried to tell him what was going on. He blamed it on the car being modded to the extreme and that we must have stripped the threads by looking at it. We never took a wrench to it! We tried to get a new mount because the old one was very worn and the manager admited it but said it still does it's job.

How can drop springs cause this in 1k miles? I can't believe it can!

The manager has been nothing but a dick and cussed repeatedly. He told us to get a heli coil at our expense and that he wont fix it! Which wont hold for long! He also threatened to void warranty.

We have been nothing but nice and respectful up until this point, but we have stood our ground and been stern about this being rediculous. The manager said we are getting treated like this because we aren't cutomers and the car doesn't get serviced there, exact quote!

If anyone has any suggestions on getting the problem fixed and fixed right please let me know. I appreciate it! We will call GM customer service and let them hear the story.

I believe we should at least get a new mount and a heli coil installed at Hajek's cost. But that will still never be right and it still doesn't account for the spotty clutch which is now horrible!

http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...P1783C188.aspx
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...Kits-C196.aspx
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/contact_us.aspx
Site springs were bought so they are real eibach^^^

Gm Customer service 1-800-222-1020

Last edited by leviticus88; 09-26-2008 at 07:45 PM.