Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Heat Exchanger Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 06:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heat Exchanger Issues

I've looked extensively through forums and haven't found what I'm looking for. I found that my 07 is leaking from the side of the heat exchanger along with the IC pump not working. I have only had the car about 3 months at this point and I don't know about its accident history other than the "clean" carfax and big scrape on the drive's side from who knows what. I'm hoping that it is just the lines that are loose, but I suspect the H/E might be shot with 89k on the car and it not being well taken care of previously.

My question is: would it be worth it to get a ZZP Stealth H/E, ZZP S3, or just back with a factory replacement? Car is a dd that goes around 60 miles round trip a few days a week going back and forth to college. Airbox mod and new Magnaflow resonator will be the only mods to it for a while at least. Car has to be extremely reliable and get good mileage as I already have a shop queen of a Z71 Sierra with tires that push 12mpg on the highway

Thanks for your input
Old 04-12-2017, 06:29 PM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Get a stock heat exchanger if you can find one for a decent price, otherwise the zzp stealth should be fine. No need to add the zzp s3 front mount if you're keeping the car stock for awhile.
The following users liked this post:
07SC_79BanT/A (04-30-2017)
Old 04-14-2017, 04:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the same issues with a leaking ZZP exchanger. At the moment ZZP was out of stock or at least they were last week. Went with the OTTP stage 1.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:31 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 07SC_79BanT/A
I've looked extensively through forums and haven't found what I'm looking for. I found that my 07 is leaking from the side of the heat exchanger along with the IC pump not working. I have only had the car about 3 months at this point and I don't know about its accident history other than the "clean" carfax and big scrape on the drive's side from who knows what. I'm hoping that it is just the lines that are loose, but I suspect the H/E might be shot with 89k on the car and it not being well taken care of previously.

My question is: would it be worth it to get a ZZP Stealth H/E, ZZP S3, or just back with a factory replacement? Car is a dd that goes around 60 miles round trip a few days a week going back and forth to college. Airbox mod and new Magnaflow resonator will be the only mods to it for a while at least. Car has to be extremely reliable and get good mileage as I already have a shop queen of a Z71 Sierra with tires that push 12mpg on the highway

Thanks for your input
I have my stock heat exchanger for sale shoot me a pm