Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Intake related bog issues. ( I think )

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake related bog issues. ( I think )

This is general Cobalt, so i hope im in the right spot. For 1 i have a 2007 SS SC. The last two days it has been raining pretty hard around here. I took a trip on the highway, but noticed that my engine would cut and bog when i tried to accelerate in 4th or 5th. On the way home, it was raining even harder it did the same thing, i could cruise at 60, but if i tried to give it 25% throttle, it would cut out and bog.

Not being happy i got to a stop sign and the engine would still rev to 4k, but under load it always seemed to bog.

Got home, did my searching and found this is probably related to the intake and MAF. Fair enough. I have an aftermarket Intake installed by the previous owner and i never liked the way it was installed. Picture below.

I checked the CEL this morning and it was 171, bank #1 running lean. Ok, got that before, may or may not be related. i have cleared it in the past and it doesn't come back. I figure that ill need one of those "injen hydro shields" to fix this in the future. Unless someone has a good idea.

My post is here for two reasons,
1.) Did i toast my MAF? The filter was soaked this morning and the intake tube had water in it.
2.) I have a picture of the install, its a ****-poor job. and i know it was done by a "professional". I personally know the previous owner of the car. The intake doesnt fit, it rubs the edge of the hole, i had to add extra zip-ties or it would push the fendor guard into the tire and thats where you see the warn spot, and, for what i can see, its a really crap design.

My intake has road rash -- FTL.