Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

man!!! i hit a curb!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man!!! i hit a curb!!!

damn! i just came home, had to leave my car parked by where it happened, my tire is pushed up about 4 inches into the fender well, my rim's bead is severely scraped, my rims angle from top to bottom is way off it looks like my car is bagged and its slammed (the top of the tire is sticking into the car while the bottom is spread out from the car), brake fluid everywhere... tons of smoke when it happened, i tried to drive on it and it made a loud clunk and dropped another 2 inches, i thought the tire blew but it didn't. i think the strut is severely bent, maybe a brake line popped off... Im hoping thats the worst of it!

i cant check it out its too late to see anything and i have to jack up the car, pop the rim off and see exactly what happened....

im so pissed! i didnt even see the curb i was making a u-turn and thought i could make it, i only hit the curb going about 15 mph!!!

anyone have any ideas/comments/insults/questions???

ahhh!! i cant believe this happened to me!
Old 09-08-2007, 03:17 AM

kinda sounds like u snapped an axle....
Old 09-08-2007, 03:19 AM

Idea: You might have even cracked your spindle and bent your rack and pinion
Comment: Damn, that sucks.
Insult: Jackass
Question: Where are the pics?

Hope that helps.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:22 AM

i spun out and hit a curb sliding sideways in november - i cracked the axles, broke the lower control arm, the ipper control arm, and bent the spindle as well as popped the tire and bent them rim. 4600 insurance $'s later.....

Good luck bro
Old 09-08-2007, 03:26 AM

it is a serious problem....mine has been in the shop 5 times... and just to let you know because of their screw up on designing these cars it eats the front tires and the brakes are bad... it almost killed a girl...

It has to do with the way they have designed these cars. they are junk and a death trap. i have been talking to the headquarters...do you by any chance have the reciepts of those fixes? mine has been in 4 times... and i have been talked to an attorney about these defective cars... chevy isnt fixing them they are covering it up until they go out of warranty... i only have 6,000 miles on my car. I talked to the girl who had it before and it almost killed her..

they wont do anything. ive already talked to district manager. they wont do anything about the problems. what is wrong with your car? I am getting people together. to collect all the information i can. i have been talking to an attorney. these cars are death traps...
please contact me.

that wont fix the problem. i already had that done. intermediate shaft.... both sway links...tired twice... radio...you name its been done. they were not made correctly..

doesn't fix the problem....

GM will not. ive talked to them and they are ridiculous. these cars are death traps. i am gathering information on them...so if you have any receipts please let me know. i have contacted an attorney...
Old 09-08-2007, 03:29 AM

^wanna elaborate a li further?
Old 09-08-2007, 03:31 AM

my friend hit a median last week and i have been bitching at him things like "were you drunk??" and stuff like that its so weird because one week later now I DO IT!

im surprised that so much damage can result in a small mistake!!! im hoping i dont have to go thru insurance, i already have SS struts on the way so i hope i can replace that and maybe itll be fine im not sure the full extent of the problem...

these front struts on these cars ARE WEAK! i barely hit that damn curb! i will give you all the information and ill get my friend too because we both did the same thing... i think his was worse but i wont know unitl tomorrow when i take the tire off and see what exactly happened... ill keep you updated

pics: coming soon, its way too late to take pics tomorrow ill take some pics and post them
Old 09-08-2007, 03:39 AM

no not realy to tired of the cobalt right now! god bless america

It has to do with the way they have designed these cars. they are junk and a death trap.

Last edited by zzzzzzzz; 09-08-2007 at 03:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-08-2007, 03:44 AM

how much $ do you think to fix this?? spindle i found on ebay... and struts are coming from an ss... dont know if i can fix the rack and pinion myself??? do you think anything on the subframe is bent?? i dont really know how these cars are built on the front end...
Old 09-08-2007, 03:50 AM

Originally Posted by zzzzzzzz
it is a serious problem....mine has been in the shop 5 times... and just to let you know because of their screw up on designing these cars it eats the front tires and the brakes are bad... it almost killed a girl...
It has to do with the way they have designed these cars. they are junk and a death trap. i have been talking to the headquarters....
You sound just like that Amanda girl that was on here a couple of weeks ago. She was saying exactly the same things: that our cars were poorly designed and were going to kill us all, and that some girl almost died, that she was gonna sue GM and get all the cobalts taken off the road and she wanted peoples' receipts to help fight her case.
I really wonder how she is doing with that?? She disappeared cause people gave her a hard time.
You should do a search to find her, since you both believe the same thing maybe you can help each other!

Good Luck with That!
Old 09-08-2007, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by DrPuttsSS/SC
You sound just like that Amanda girl that was on here a couple of weeks ago. She was saying exactly the same things: that our cars were poorly designed and were going to kill us all, and that some girl almost died, that she was gonna sue GM and get all the cobalts taken off the road and she wanted peoples' receipts to help fight her case.
I really wonder how she is doing with that?? She disappeared cause people gave her a hard time.
You should do a search to find her, since you both believe the same thing maybe you can help each other!

Good Luck with That!
well something is going on with these cars! ive been keeping taps on all the forums , and my car has all the same **** that ive been seeing on there

well something is going on with these cars! ive been keeping taps on all the forums , and my car has all the same **** that ive been seeing on there
so if i hit a curb a 15 mph im doomed lol

Last edited by zzzzzzzz; 09-08-2007 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-08-2007, 03:57 AM

how much $ do you think it'll take to fix this??? will it be hard to fix??
Old 09-08-2007, 04:02 AM

Good Luck with That!
why would peole give her a hard time? cant understand that. she is just fighting for all of us lol you smuck. lol

Originally Posted by tREBs
^wanna elaborate a li further?
hey dude . ive had 3 struts put in by dealship already. with only 28,000 miles. 3 steering gears, 2 steering columns, and a steering shaft. plus a wheel bearing

Last edited by zzzzzzzz; 09-08-2007 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-08-2007, 04:03 AM

maybe people dont like complainers?

i could see why they would give her ****... just like worried moms... no one likes em but there just trying to look out for us i guess

so..................

how much do you think this will cost me???

(thread jackers)

Old 09-08-2007, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by bridfi
maybe people dont like complainers?

i could see why they would give her ****... just like worried moms... no one likes em but there just trying to look out for us i guess

so..................

how much do you think this will cost me???

(thread jackers)

youd have too look at the damage - mine was at about 20mph but a side slide and it was 4600..... probobly not cheap - your strut would nto make it so you couldnt get homdriving slow - it would just be a misserable drive...probobly an axle problem which also means a trany check and tire/ rinm work...no fun man...take a look at it and then if it is an axel problem AT ALL have the insurance company cover it. cause if you start working on it and hten find out it was way worse your fucked for insurance help...just be careful...remember - youll have to drive this again and do you trust your work??
Old 09-08-2007, 04:14 AM

well i rebuilt a 1973 chevy nova... dropped in new rebuilt SB 350 with muncie 4 speed, did ALL the work myself, i got it run, fixed an overheating problem, etc...etc...etc...

but then again working on a '73 is WAY different than working on an '07

im going to post as many pics as i can tomorrow and see what you guys think i should do

thanks for all your guys' help! its greatly appreciated!
Old 09-08-2007, 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by bridfi
well i rebuilt a 1973 chevy nova... dropped in new rebuilt SB 350 with muncie 4 speed, did ALL the work myself, i got it run, fixed an overheating problem, etc...etc...etc...

but then again working on a '73 is WAY different than working on an '07

im going to post as many pics as i can tomorrow and see what you guys think i should do
def. i rebuilt a 91 chevy caprice police cruiser, but i wouldnt trust my work on my daily freeway driver for work....no way....

post those pics and we can all take some looks. i dont suppose that you have any GM tech friends?? they are always a valuable resource - you can get a good idea of what is wrong without the insurance or the dealer!!
Old 09-08-2007, 04:21 AM

why would peole give her a hard time? cant understand that. she is just fighting for all of us lol you smuck. lol
People hated on her because she came on here with no proof, a big mouth with no brain, and acted like she was so big and important that she was gonna get her little **** ass lawyer and get GM to recall all the cobalts. Her words made her sound like a childish, spoiled little kid who was stupid enough to think she could take on GM. She wasn't fighting for all of us, she was just a pissed off little girl who wanted to get even.

There are 19,000+ members here that love these cars and haven't had the problems that you seem to be having. Jumping on here and saying the things you are will not get you any support or help from anyone here, except that amanda if you can find her.

I'm not giving you a hard time, I'm just giving you advice. Find amanda, she agrees with you and should help you.

BTW, calling people names like "smuck" is very childish.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:25 AM

People hated on her because she came on here with no proof, a big mouth with no brain, and acted like she was so big and important that she was gonna get her little **** ass lawyer and get GM to recall all the cobalts. Her words made her sound like a childish, spoiled little kid who was stupid enough to think she could take on GM. She wasn't fighting for all of us, she was just a pissed off little girl who wanted to get even.

There are 19,000+ members here that love these cars and haven't had the problems that you seem to be having. Jumping on here and saying the things you are will not get you any support or help from anyone here, except that amanda if you can find her.

I'm not giving you a hard time, I'm just giving you advice. Find amanda, she agrees with you and should help you.

No offense man...seriosly...but quit it with the thread jacking...not cool!!
Start a new thread, label it, and let them flock to it....but this guy is asking for our help on FIXING his car. We like them, they are our cars - if we want to contribute we will read the new thread.
NO OFFENSE MEANT...but this is like the people who sell paint ball guns in the supporting vendors page ...find the right spot and THEN make your point.

Thank you
Old 09-08-2007, 04:26 AM

Wow... dude... u turn at 15 miles an hour? Does that seem excessive to anyone else? I mean really. Front wheel drive and all you are asking to loose controll to power through a Uturn like that no offense meant.

And ZZZzzzzz or however many it is. I appreciate that you are having problems. I understand where you are coming from. But could you do us all a favor and have your Mom and Dad read over your posts and edit them for carity? While I think I understand what you had to say I did find myself needing to read your post several times.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:27 AM

Talking

what ever smuck i was just kidding , get a life gezze weeez
Old 09-08-2007, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by Grimlakin
Wow... dude... u turn at 15 miles an hour? Does that seem excessive to anyone else? I mean really. Front wheel drive and all you are asking to loose controll to power through a Uturn like that no offense meant.

And ZZZzzzzz or however many it is. I appreciate that you are having problems. I understand where you are coming from. But could you do us all a favor and have your Mom and Dad read over your posts and edit them for carity? While I think I understand what you had to say I did find myself needing to read your post several times.
Word...kinda repetitive - good point: wtong place and bad conveance
Old 09-08-2007, 04:28 AM

Sweet baby Jesus... it is spelled Schmuck. At least try to spell phonetically. Please.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:29 AM

you were joking this whole time.....aaaa....k...
Old 09-08-2007, 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt

No offense man...seriosly...but quit it with the thread jacking...not cool!!
NO OFFENSE MEANT...but this is like the people who sell paint ball guns in the supporting vendors page ...find the right spot and THEN make your point. Thank you
Yeah, I know you're right. When zzzzzzzz jacked the thread I really felt compelled to answer but I should have kept my mouth shut. It just got me how he/she made a simple curb bump into "all cobalts are deathtraps".

You other guys seem to have the thread well under control, thanks.

Sorry for the threadjack. I apologize to all of you.

Quick Reply: man!!! i hit a curb!!!