Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

need help bad with possible no fuel to engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help bad with possible no fuel to engine

i need help bad im stumped. i have a 06 cobalt with stage 2 and a 2.9 pulley. i dont know if i have bigger injectors or if the computer has been flashed but today i started my car after i had been driving around town for a little bit and my car ran real rough idle like if i didnt give it gas it died and then to move had to rev super high and died instantly when clutch was egaged. i pulled over and unscrewed and screwed in the gas cap and bingo problem was fixed. i drove around awhile later and after leaving the mall it did it again. i then i pulled overmand did the same thing with the cap and it works fine. i then went straight home. please help im nt sure if anything is wrong and wanted to see if anyone has had this problem before. thanks
Old 09-23-2007, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by buckshot3448
i need help bad im stumped. i have a 06 cobalt with stage 2 and a 2.9 pulley. i dont know if i have bigger injectors or if the computer has been flashed but today i started my car after i had been driving around town for a little bit and my car ran real rough idle like if i didnt give it gas it died and then to move had to rev super high and died instantly when clutch was egaged. i pulled over and unscrewed and screwed in the gas cap and bingo problem was fixed. i drove around awhile later and after leaving the mall it did it again. i then i pulled overmand did the same thing with the cap and it works fine. i then went straight home. please help im nt sure if anything is wrong and wanted to see if anyone has had this problem before. thanks
have you tested fuel pressure? Stage II comes with bigger injectors and a tune for the stage II pulley. If you added the 2.9 pulley without any additional tunning then I'd sudjest you get it tuned if fuel pressure is high and constant. It won't be to exact spec due to the upgraded injectors though. I'd also assume you're throwing some type of code. Feel free to post it if so.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:33 PM

no code that i know of no lights but im going to take it in to a parts store to have thm run a check for any. i check for fuel pressure and im als going to get injector cleaner today and try that. could there possibly be a problem with the gas cap not seeling
Old 09-23-2007, 04:13 PM

you didn't have any pending codes either?

If your gas cap was loose then you'd throw an evap code
Old 09-23-2007, 06:17 PM

yea i have nothing no codes at all i just put fuel injector cleaner in this moning and it still hasnt fixed the problem it just did it to me again about an hour ago. what happens is beow 3000 it acts like it gets no gas and isnt firing righ then when you give it wot and rev it up it runs fine. i pulled over undid the cap and re did and now its working good again. tomorrow im going to see about getting the fuel pressure level checked and if thats goodthen im going to take it in to th dealer, im just hoping it does it for them. but thanks for the help so far.