Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Need help finding bad ground, starter doesnt work

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help finding bad ground, starter doesnt work

Ok so this is for you guys that know alot about the wiring in these cars, recently i tried starting the car like usual and when i turned the key nothing happened at all, so i did some diagnosing and found that the starter was bad, replaced the starter and still have the same problem, i removed the “crnk” relay from the fuse panel and basicly just bypassed the relay with a little jumper i made, the car turned over and started like normal, i also found that the ground pin was having issues since it had some white powdery stuff on it and when bypassed the starter worked fine(with the ignition in the “on” position, car in neutral) so what this told me is i either have a bad relay which is possible but i dont think its my only problem if that even is a problem, i think i have a bad or broken ground, can anyone give me any ideas as to where this ground could be or which one it is? Any help appreciated, sorry if i didnt explain it well, thanks