Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

New Clutch and flywheel =...

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry New Clutch and flywheel =...

OK, from the top...

Last friday i ended up paying $888.26 for a brand spanking new clutch and flywheel and installation at the dealership i bought the car from. No big deal to me...

Now for the good part...

Riding down a sidestreet this afternoon to make a u-turn because i missed my turn. I find a nice big dead-end to make my u-turn. I start to approach this area to make my u-turn and all the sudden i hear this *CLUNK.. SKREEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH*, kinda like when ur riding on nothing but ur rim, and the car starts to steer on it's own and i hit a curb and kinda drifted into the middle of this side street a little because it was down hill, first instinct was to hit the e-brake so i did. So i get out thinking my new $125 tire blew, i look at the tire and it's all fine... i get up and realized my car was lopsided for no reason, glanced at it again and come to find out the control arm fell off of the wheel, landed on my $250 Black coated rims, the new coating was an additional $75... i begin the cusing and bitching and ranting in the middle of this dead-end street. I finally calm down a little bit and look more closely at the rim, i have this nice 1" almost 1 1/2" wide, and nice and deep also, scrape around the inside of my newly coated rim, along with the curbage that was once not there. After noticing that i was hot headed needless to say. Again, i tryed to calm down a little bit and be civil with the people from the dealership, when i called them, and the nice lady on the other end of the 1-800-Chev-USA towing service. Got done talking to them and found out it would take a good 2 almost 2 1/2 hours to get a tow truck out to me. So there i am waiting, and i was inspecting the damage a little bit more, my wheel went into the fender, bent that slightly, also distroyed the fender well, cracked it to pieces and, from what i thought, the bolt from the control arm was scraping my, not even 3 months old, rotor, so that might have a nice long scratch on that too.

So, more or less, my day sucked a$$. But hopefully they will replace everything.... INCLUDING my rim.

edit: spelling sucks... sry...
Old 12-28-2005, 12:34 AM

Damn. I would have that dealer pay for EVERYTHING!!!! If they refuse, LAWSUITE LOL
Old 12-28-2005, 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Damn. I would have that dealer pay for EVERYTHING!!!! If they refuse, LAWSUITE LOL

i already threated them with one, i told them that if they can't repair what damage they caused, i will be talking to my lawyer, well, accually my mothers lawyer... he's really good :P
Old 12-29-2005, 11:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by L!nK
i already threated them with one, i told them that if they can't repair what damage they caused, i will be talking to my lawyer, well, accually my mothers lawyer... he's really good :P
That definitly sounds like lawsuit material if in fact it was negligence on their part why the control arm came apart (and I'm sure it would - why else would it come apart?). You could have been seriously injured or worse if this happened at speed. I would make sure the dealership knows this and that you're serious about the lawsuit. If I were the dealership I would be doing anything for you to keep you from suing........
Old 12-29-2005, 11:45 AM

Wanna hear the funny thing A guy around my way who got a new tranny put in his cobalt had the SAME thing happen to him. What the hell they can't remember to hook back up a control arm? Needless tosay she sold his cobalt after 6 months and got a 1.8t again.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:50 PM

Damn... that sucks, i hope they fix everything...
Old 12-30-2005, 08:54 PM

wow man. sorry to hear that. i hope all works out for ya

ryan
Old 12-31-2005, 03:38 AM

ok, got the car back and all is good, got a new everything. But all they did was re-paint the wheel. Kinda disapponted on that part.. but oh well. At least they repaired it all at their expense.