Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

New Smyrna Chevrolet - NSB, FL

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Smyrna Chevrolet - NSB, FL

Well.

Consider this a warning to those living in Florida. Do NOT BUY/TRADE/GET SERVICE/WALK AROUND/KICK TIRES at New Smyrna Chevrolet in New Smyrna Beach, Florida.

They will not only rape you if you decide to purchase your car there, but then completely screw you over in getting any type of warranty work or service. Hell, sometimes, just for the fun of it -- they'll say they do things they never even thought about doing. Like, for instance... Change your oil.

Their inability to reproduce ANY issue is ridiculous, and their lack of care about your vehicle -- unmatched.

Warranty? What warranty? You paid $3,000 extra for an extended warranty so you could wipe your ass with it. Not have piece of mind in regard to your new vehicle purchase.

Seriously. Don't ever go there.

/End Rant.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:52 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
I don't think any dealer likes to do warranty work. I'm having that problem right now with 2 dealers. They can't reproduce the problem. Then when they do reproduce it, they explain it as normal its designed to do that..... I feel your pain!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Banned

In all honesty, I dont know why. The dealership/tech gets paid to do warranty work.

The chevy dealership I worked at in SLC, UT, the service dept was excellent.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ
I don't think any dealer likes to do warranty work. I'm having that problem right now with 2 dealers. They can't reproduce the problem. Then when they do reproduce it, they explain it as normal its designed to do that..... I feel your pain!
Yeah.. my dash (that there's a TSB on) not lighting up when I turn on the lights is "Operating as designed."

What's that GM direct line again?
Old 04-05-2007, 11:05 AM

yeah that place does suck. When i went there i wanted a ss/sc and they wouldnt get it for me. The boss pretty much cried and said that he could get me in a regular 4 door one for 8 months and than whatever i wanted after that. I laughed and left
Old 04-05-2007, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by xxboarderxx
yeah that place does suck. When i went there i wanted a ss/sc and they wouldnt get it for me. The boss pretty much cried and said that he could get me in a regular 4 door one for 8 months and than whatever i wanted after that. I laughed and left
Where'd you end up going? Jon Hall? If so... you're luckier than I am dude. Good thing they didn't have what you wanted.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL I feel your pain, I had the same problem at a different dealer and now that I'm out of warranty everything has suddenly become "an issue". Axels click, suspension sounds like it's falling off, brake calipers seize - all issues when I had a warranty none could be reproduced - and if they were ------ THEY WERE NORMAL.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:57 AM

yeah i went to jon hall never had a problem since. get my oil changed there every three months and as far as warranty never had any problems. got a recall and they ordered the part for me.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:59 AM

funny how all these problems are normal and designed to be like that but were not there before. Pisses me off. I'm going to try and bleed the clutch and see if it helps mine. If it doesn't I'm going to contact gm and throw hell. If i have to fix this car myself with only 6000 miles on it I'm never buying a gm product again.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:58 AM

Yeah I'm on my second Chevy Dealership and am probably going to change over to a third one. Courtesy Chevrolet in Orlando on W. Colonial, and now Bill Seidle Chevrolet in Clermont has been terrible with warranty stuff. We STILL have not gotten our cup-holder rings installed and we've had the car for a year because every time we go in they tell us they'll order the parts and call us. Then they never call us and when we call them they say they'll have to see it again. And that's just one issue, we've got 5 different issues and 2 recalls and can't seem to get any of it done. All they want to do is the maintenance stuff and they want to overcharge for that.

I know it's old and everyone says it but the fact is I NEVER had to deal with this with my Toyota's. My stuff always got fixed and I never got ripped off in the process.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:14 AM

I'm serious, I am never buying a Chevrolet again. My Nissans have never given me this much grief and they are old and wore out. To top it off I get a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty that is all talk and no substance. Its complete bullshit. It will not happen again.

On a side note, I just bled my clutch. It has solved the early engagement issue and severe clutch chatter i was having. It however did not fix the downshifting problem. It still will not let me downshift to 3rd gear without revving the engine. I suppose i can live with that.

The damn car rattles like its going out of style too. The sunroof squeeks when i go over uneven roads the dash rattles and it sounds like a heat shield is buzzing. I cannot locate were it is coming from but it drives me up the wall. It is definantly under the car and it didn't start until they installed the clutch. The dealer claims they cannot hear any buzzing...