Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Not starting

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Not starting

I currently live in williamsport pa and it has been in the mid 30's for the past few weeks just as background and i drive a 2006 LS with the 2.2L and no mods. My roommates and i were going to go to kmart so we decided to take my car. We got out there and all piled in and she fired right up and we drove off to kmart. We got all our stuff and came back out through all the stuff in the trunk. I got in and put the key in the ignition and turned it and nothing happened. The lights and radio came on so the battery wasnt dead. The thing that i thought was weird was the tach went up 500rpm but the engine wasnt on. I proceeded to try one or two more times and still nothing happened. My roommate got out and i popped the hood and tried it again and it fired right up no problems and ran fine. After we got back to the room i turned it off and started it again and if felt like it started a little hard but that could just be my imagination. Any one have any idea what would have caused this and should i get it looked at
Old 02-03-2008, 06:42 PM

mine dose the same thing
Old 02-06-2008, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by Stubri51
I currently live in williamsport pa and it has been in the mid 30's for the past few weeks just as background and i drive a 2006 LS with the 2.2L and no mods. My roommates and i were going to go to kmart so we decided to take my car. We got out there and all piled in and she fired right up and we drove off to kmart. We got all our stuff and came back out through all the stuff in the trunk. I got in and put the key in the ignition and turned it and nothing happened. The lights and radio came on so the battery wasnt dead. The thing that i thought was weird was the tach went up 500rpm but the engine wasnt on. I proceeded to try one or two more times and still nothing happened. My roommate got out and i popped the hood and tried it again and it fired right up no problems and ran fine. After we got back to the room i turned it off and started it again and if felt like it started a little hard but that could just be my imagination. Any one have any idea what would have caused this and should i get it looked at
alright if you have a manual - it could be your clutch press switch going out.....if the cobalt doesn't register the clutch pressed, it will turn everything on but the motor haha.
if you have an automatic........don't know.....don't do much with automatics haha but I guess same principal applies....

As for your rpm guage.....whenever I sink my fucked up 1st gear and it grinds, my car does the same the thing to my speed and rpm gauge......don't know..
Old 02-07-2008, 02:05 AM

My SS/SC will do that sometimes if my foot isn't pushed down hard enough on the clutch pedal. Take it to the dealer if you are really worried about it, no one wants a new car that is unreliable.