Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

went to dealer today...not good news...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 06:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
went to dealer today...not good news...

So i took my car in for service today before heading down to the states to pick up my tires and have them mounted on thurs or fri of this week..well i went in cause i had another check engine light today (get a lot of thoughs for ppl who know my issues), any way, so i take it in for that and my front engine mount always being loose despite me tighting it up every once in a while, and also for a brake fluid flush cause it was filthy.

THE RESULTS = get a call around 330pm...guys like i need to hold ur car for a while im like how long and hes like well..u need a new MAF and i can get that in by 2mororw and im like ok thats fine...and then hes like the bad news is that cause the bolt on the mount backed off it ended up making ur bell housing crack and i can't let u on the road like that..and i won't be able to get a bell housing in till about TUES of next week at least cause its coming from so in other words WOW...cracked bell houseing after all that **** ..and hopefully this new maf will fix my engine idling problems

Cliffnotes= need a new maf and a new bell housing

Curtousy car= base model 08 g5 (with black radio / heater controls i want!!!!!)

****UPDATE***

new curtousy car since they had to sell the old one = 09 cobalt ls

Also there are NO bell houseings in all of north america so they have to call GM and find out wtf going on cause my car has pretty much just been sitting there now for 3 weeks

Last edited by eurochevy; 04-13-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol i just had to respond to this... I went through he same withdrawal. About 3 weeks my car sat waiting for it's new engine. When I got my car back I was driving around needlessly for a few days after. Had a base model g5 for a replacement while I waited... Got my car back, and it was like I had been without the love of my life for 3 weeks haha
Old 04-30-2010, 03:03 AM

I broke a synchro and I was given a cobalt ls ...AMAZING mileage! LOL! Then they call me and say that they are replacing the entire tranny, has to be ordered from europe...wtf?! 5 weeks later I got my baby back. 1 tank of gas 2 days...haha!
Old 04-30-2010, 03:15 AM

you get ur hands on those black controls?? I really want a set of those too. I might go scrap yard lookin in a week or so