Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

pcv braking system or something?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pcv braking system or something?

I just went to the strip today and On my way home on the highway the dic was flashing somthing along the lines of "pcv braking system". Im not sure if the PCV is correct but something like that, anyone know what this is about?

bump

Last edited by rm.lydon08; 04-01-2009 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2009, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could be "svc braking system". Was the red brake sysmbol on the cluster lit up as well? If so, it is indicating a problem with the brakes. Needless to say, you do not want to let that go.

If the indicator is lit or the message is still on the dic, have it towed to the dealer. Do NOT drive it if there is any doubt about the brakes, they are kind of important.

If the indicator on the cluster is not lit, and there is no more message on the dic, I would check the brake fluid level. If it is down, get it towed to the dealer.

No indicaton on the cluster or dic, fluid level up, brakes don't feel mushy or pull....maybe they got good and hot slowing down at the end of your passes. Can't see the TC cars having issues with brake heat in this situation though, maybe if you were road racing........and even then, those Brembos can take a lot before they even fade.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:47 PM
Nal

I gotten the same message when I was in a hurry, lol, but the dealer told me that it was fine cause it was not showing on the display anymore but that's cause I hit the button and it went away it's happened like 3-4 times, but it only stays on for bit if I don't press it anyways, I'm waiting for my intake tube replacement to come in and they told me they'll look at it then, or if it happens again to bring it in right away before it goes away
Old 10-21-2011, 09:39 PM

I just got the svc brake system message earlier today. Driving normal too so idk what could be wrong w/ the brakes. I've been in a hypermiling mood lately so I definitely know it's not due to the brakes heating up. Only 20k miles on the car too.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:00 AM

Since your last post, have you made any progress towards resolving this concern? My suggestion would be to bring your vehicle into your dealership.

If you would like to work with GM Customer Assistance towards getting these concerns resolved, or if you want for me to look into your vehicle’s warranty/recall information, please private message me your name and VIN.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service