Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

service/tech help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation service/tech help

so i recently had a set of aftermarket rims/tires put on my car, and i havent noticed any major issues like pulling. should i have an alignment done? i was under the impression that i should going from 17 to 18 inches. what do you guys think? also, i had taken my car to the dealer for service today and i asked for an alignment to be performed. i was told that the dealer can't perform an alignment on a car with aftermarket wheels. true or bull??
Old 03-30-2009, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alignment should not be an issue just from changing wheels, even different sizes.

As far as dealer not being able to align it (because of the wheels) it may be that they don't have equipment for larger sizes (my local dealer doesn't, 17" max), or they have no clue and are blowing smoke up your ass. Quite possible they are covering their asses....don't want to damage someones aftermarket wheels if they might have to replace them.