Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

shorthrow install question

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shorthrow install question

when it says place in 4th gear and use a flatblade screwdriver, pry off the shift cable from the bottom of the shifter stick, i dont know which part to disconnect?????? can some1 post a pic or how they did it!!!
Old 12-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Banned

anyone
Old 12-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Place in 4th gear....? Mine said to make sure i was in neutral!!
Old 12-22-2006, 07:35 PM
Banned

ok well i figured it out, this thing is a pain in the assm and its still not installed, i forgot to re-use a part, and now i have to take it all apart and do it again
Old 12-22-2006, 09:07 PM

I dont understand why ppl are having such problems w/ the install...first off, my installed w/ no complications except getting the hurst pivot ball into the plastic shifter cable housing was pain, and reverse lockout doesnt work which in my opinion is better, and just so evryone knows the reverse lockout problem can be corrected your tranny has an adjustment below and to the right of the shifter arm and although i havent tinkered w/ it it can tighten up ur gates, move 5th gears gate towards the right, and move reverses gate more towrds the right with a few adjustments, k to answer ur question the piece u disconnect is the right angled pivot ball from that plastic cup housing on the end of the shifter cable on the right, the reason it says to put the car in 4th gear is to move the bottom of the shifter arm forward so u can access the pivot ball and that plastic cup **** easier......warning u will most likely cut yourself either when taking the stock pivot ball loose or installing the new shifter into the plastic cup housing which u have to turn sideways to get it in there......oh yeah, and i saw ur other post and the pic u posted of that part that supposedly wasnt in the instructions and ur supposed to re use...ur not supposed to re use that the only part that u reuse is the outer cup that slips over the upper black piece with the pivot ball.....look at the figures that are included in the instructions they are a big help the rest is just comparison vetween stock and the hurst, u'll just have to use ur head a little to figure it out......................
Old 12-25-2006, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by lsj06ecotec
I dont understand why ppl are having such problems w/ the install...first off, my installed w/ no complications except getting the hurst pivot ball into the plastic shifter cable housing was pain, and reverse lockout doesnt work which in my opinion is better, and just so evryone knows the reverse lockout problem can be corrected your tranny has an adjustment below and to the right of the shifter arm and although i havent tinkered w/ it it can tighten up ur gates, move 5th gears gate towards the right, and move reverses gate more towrds the right with a few adjustments, k to answer ur question the piece u disconnect is the right angled pivot ball from that plastic cup housing on the end of the shifter cable on the right, the reason it says to put the car in 4th gear is to move the bottom of the shifter arm forward so u can access the pivot ball and that plastic cup **** easier......warning u will most likely cut yourself either when taking the stock pivot ball loose or installing the new shifter into the plastic cup housing which u have to turn sideways to get it in there......oh yeah, and i saw ur other post and the pic u posted of that part that supposedly wasnt in the instructions and ur supposed to re use...ur not supposed to re use that the only part that u reuse is the outer cup that slips over the upper black piece with the pivot ball.....look at the figures that are included in the instructions they are a big help the rest is just comparison vetween stock and the hurst, u'll just have to use ur head a little to figure it out......................
Where is this tranny adjustment thing? Any pics by chance? My reverse lockout is screwy at the moment.