Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

solid check engine light..5th time going in

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
solid check engine light..5th time going in

so i've been going in for that super rattling i had on my engine and so far they replaced some coil packs and 2 sets of spark plugs and some o-rings for the injector and also some sleeves for the injectors or something like that..now today i was driving with my mom in the car and a solid check engine light came on..sure while the car was turning off after i pulled the key off i let go of the clutch too fast and it stalled so it could be that but i had a good reason for doing it because i was in frantic hurry there was thi slike 3 year old girl no adult in site running accross a busy intersection by herself i was like WTF?! jumped out and ran to her and me and my mom waited to see if any one came and got her..her grandma came after and we were like wow ..this kid didn't even understand that she should keep with her grandma though was really messed up..but yes so long story short i have a check engine light again ....hopefully this time it will make them check the timing chain which we all think thats what the noise is (07 ss/sc)
Old 04-22-2008, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well as long as it is not a flashing check engine light on then it shouldn't damage your engine or cat conv, but sorry to hear the bad news.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Cobaltss/TC
Well as long as it is not a flashing check engine light on then it shouldn't damage your engine or cat conv, but sorry to hear the bad news.
i've already had tons of misfireing..since i bought the car but no one chequed it ou tbecause they thought i was just crazy i guess? who knows..since i bougt the car only the last dealer i went to actually acknowledge there was a problem adn it was misfireing..the car has like 11k miles ...almost 18k km's on it now
Old 04-22-2008, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe there is a bulletin for checking the wiring on the spark plug coils that have been chaffing on the tranny and other sharp metal objects, we have had some misfiring companion cylinders coming in, but what we have seen is that the spark plugs are actually causing this issue, not sure if this is your issue or not, but if you don't like there service try to find a good place to go, not sure why dealerships don't want to fix these issues, makes better customer service, better dealer ratings and better perks for the dealer, not that hard to make a customer happy, just help them out ya know
Old 04-22-2008, 11:22 PM

Check out my thread

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/you-guys-misfires-105419/
Old 04-23-2008, 05:42 PM

engine mis-fire again what'dya know! now they wanna change the coils again and swap the stage 2 injectors from one cylinder to the other ..which won't do **** haha cause they already did this...i don't get why they're trying it again..apparently the guys so fed up with the car though that they called GM Engineering or w/e and asked wtf is going on with the car so who knows ..im gonna say theres some sort of TSB for a short or w/e which ppl have shown me that they just not bothering to check