Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Problems/Service/Maintenance (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/)
-   -   Stage 4 went to shit today.... (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/problems-service-maintenance-69/stage-4-went-shit-today-23296/)

CobaltBurst 06-18-2006 11:02 AM

i checked the bolts on the supercharger and they were still tight, i re-gapped the plugs and its still knocking.... But when the hood is popped you can hear a leak... the damn thing sounds like a whipple.... i checked all the tubes and everything but all seem to be o k, thats why i think its gotta be that gasket. But i dropped it off at the dealership and told them i didnt feel like pulling it off so they are going to. If im getting too much air and running rich is that going to knock? its gotta be right?

jokieman 06-18-2006 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltBurst
i checked the bolts on the supercharger and they were still tight, i re-gapped the plugs and its still knocking.... But when the hood is popped you can hear a leak... the damn thing sounds like a whipple.... i checked all the tubes and everything but all seem to be o k, thats why i think its gotta be that gasket. But i dropped it off at the dealership and told them i didnt feel like pulling it off so they are going to. If im getting too much air and running rich is that going to knock? its gotta be right?

The Knocking is usually associated with a lean or predetonation condition. With the air leak, it would be in line with a lean condition.

CobaltBurst 06-18-2006 07:28 PM

but witht he air leak, the engine through a rich code and a idleing to high code....

skllcrusher 06-18-2006 08:04 PM

I have stage 4 and also have the whistling from the supercharger at idle. My car seems to run just fine though. The kit was also installed by the guys at Intense.

CobaltBurst 06-18-2006 08:09 PM

it didnt sound like this RIGHT after the install though, it just started....

skllcrusher 06-18-2006 08:32 PM

Mine has whistled since the day it was installed.

CobaltBurst 06-18-2006 09:14 PM

hmmm maybe i just got a bad batch of gas theN? any ideas on how to check if your gas is 93 lol?

CobaltBurst 06-18-2006 09:23 PM

could a lower octane fuel cause me to run rich?

SpecialK 06-18-2006 11:46 PM

Low octane gas causes Detonation. Not a lean condition.

Sounds liek you may have the O2 tweaked a little two on your exhaust side. If it sits that far south. Never did liek the post cat 02 setups. Stupid ass stuff IMO that's there just so you HAVE to run a cat even if it's setup to drive to the track, run, and then drive back. You still need all your emmissions crap so you dont' ruin the environment in California. *End rant*

CobaltBurst 06-19-2006 06:22 AM

well i think that is why im knocking...... hmm anyone know if lower octane could possibly lead to running rich/idleing high?

1fstss 07-10-2006 11:51 PM

i hope your not running the cheapy gas, that would cause detination, your car calls for premium fuel only even stock!! in the owners manual it says if you run low octane fuel it will cause detination and possably engine damage.

CobaltBurst 07-11-2006 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by 1fstss
i hope your not running the cheapy gas, that would cause detination, your car calls for premium fuel only even stock!! in the owners manual it says if you run low octane fuel it will cause detination and possably engine damage.

Yea i was running low on cash so i threw in some 87....

06blackg85ss 07-11-2006 08:32 AM

Thats the problem.... especially with the stage 4 anything above stock REQUIRES premium only even stock it is recommended.... I hope you didn't blow a hole through one of your pistons.

CobaltBurst 07-11-2006 08:47 AM

that was a joke... of course i didnt fuel up with 87 ;), im thinking the gas station i went to screwed me b/c i put in what was supposed to be 93, and all this shit happend. But i put some octane booster in it and so far its running great, also have had 2 tanks of gas since so everything is solved except for my dead clutch :D.

R33P3R007 08-17-2006 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by FAST06SS
Idle to high and rich codes leads me to believe you have an air leak somewhere, or your maff sensor has become contaminated. Also, gap your plugs to .032-.034 and try it again. I also recommend ZEX 8003 plugs.;)
Rob

how about CCA-82003-4 $27.39/4

could this be the one step colder ones

djt81185 08-17-2006 02:02 PM

rich code means ur ltft went past -15 meaning ur throwing more fuel in than needed. a scan tool could tell u where the even happened then we could go from there.