Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

tranny HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tranny HELP!

so today i went to the track, did my first one and had insane wheel hop. i have the intense tranny inserts. but anyway i grinded 2nd and it felt like my clutch went out. wich i've been assuming for some time it was going. but i decided to do another run. i ran and got the end and fliped back around to come back down the strip and when i did a u turn it wouldnt go into 1st. i backed up and tried it again. it finally did, then went and parked it and noticed fluid on the ground. so i went under my car and seen tranny fluid coming out. i jacked it up and noticed alot of fluid splattered all over. it looks like fluid is coming from the tranny that connects to the engine. first off i now this thing is fucked, but i dont now **** about gearing clutches. so im just seeing what everyone thinks is wrong with this. it also make a high pitch whine when its coming down on rpms. reverse feels like im running over something its like something rubbing on it. idk
Old 05-31-2010, 11:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You cracked the bell housing,No warranty on that one.
The tranny will have to be replaced.

Condition/Concern:
Some customers have commented about transmission oil in the clutch housing, slipping clutches or broken axle shafts on this model. An analysis of several of these failures has revealed that the problem is due to excessive front wheel hop during WOT acceleration events.

Excessive wheel hop transmits a torsional shock load into the transmission case. This causes the case to crack and transmission fluid to leak into the clutch housing. See photos below.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Stiffer axle shafts and hardware will change the system harmonics and help prevent wheel hop. These planned changes will not be available until the 2008 model year.

Note:: Be advised that failures of this nature are abuse. They are NOT defects in materials or workmanship for which General Motors would be responsible and should not be covered under the terms of the new vehicle warranty. Vehicles with this complaint should be inspected by the dealer and Area Vehicle Manager. A product report should be submitted on each.