Problems/Service/Maintenance Do you have problems with your new 2.0, 2.2, or 2.4L? What kind of service did you have done?

Wheel bearing under warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wheel bearing under warranty?

I think my front-right wheel bearing is shot. I get a constant "rubbing" type sound at all speeds and makes a groaning sound when I come to a stop. I just replaced the front pads/rotors with hawk/powerslot. The sound didn't really change any.

My question is, I have about 47k miles on my 2005, can I expect the dealership to replace this under warranty (assuming they find that it is indeed the bearing)? I have seen posts that would make me believe that this is covered under the powertrain warranty (60k miles???), but I'm not sure.

I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow, but I wanted to get some input from the forums .
Old 11-15-2009, 10:15 AM

Yes it should be still covered under warranty. My brother has a 05 pontiac g5 and he got some warranty work done recently and had no problems. But definetly good idea to call first.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Should be considered under the power train warranty but Im not sure what the time limit for the 05s where.

Should be in your paper work that came with the car.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by ROMAD
I think my front-right wheel bearing is shot. I get a constant "rubbing" type sound at all speeds and makes a groaning sound when I come to a stop. I just replaced the front pads/rotors with hawk/powerslot. The sound didn't really change any.

My question is, I have about 47k miles on my 2005, can I expect the dealership to replace this under warranty (assuming they find that it is indeed the bearing)? I have seen posts that would make me believe that this is covered under the powertrain warranty (60k miles???), but I'm not sure.

I'm going to call the dealership tomorrow, but I wanted to get some input from the forums .
Originally Posted by Coblasts
Should be considered under the power train warranty but Im not sure what the time limit for the 05s where.

Should be in your paper work that came with the car.
i know wheel bearings are covered under the 60k powertrain warranty but what i don't know is the time frame. i'm going to say 5 years. but 5 years from date of manufacture of model year of the car.

i would say get that thing in there ASAP! i have the same issue, weird noise coming from the passenger side at LOW speed, then i have a different ticking/ clicking noise coming from driver side at highway speeds ( and no its not a rock in my treads) and i have 58k miles on my 06 so i gotta get in there in the next month or so. before i get over my warranty. :O
Old 11-15-2009, 07:18 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
wheel bearings are covered in powertrain warranty. warranty is 5yr/60k mile from original warranty start date. If you bought the car new, its the day you bought the car, if its used, its the day it was originally "put into service" "VIS" check at any GM dealer wil tell you exactly what date and mileage the warranty is up.