Recalls Chevy Cobalt recall information center

Cat Recall

Old 04-15-2010, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Cat Recall

So i get the cat recall letter in the mail. I have noticed a decrease in power, but no cel. So i take it into the langley dealership to get checked out. The shop forman doesnt take it for a test drive, doesn't even turn it on. Just hooks his obd 2 to the car and says, "well no codes , then says unless you have codes i can't do anything for you, thats gm's policy". I said what do you mean, it says cel on or loss of power. He just says " well you have emissions warrenty till 130,000, so i wouldn't worry about it". So i leave. 3 weeks later now. My cat is rattling and i have an exhaust leak which sounds likes its coming for around the cat. But i could be wrong.

I take it in to the dealership in abbotsford. I asked them is it covered under warrenty. The advisor says it has to be checked out. So they check out my car, then decide its the cat and then he says well the insides of your cat is broken, but because your dont have a check engine like and your emissions are fine, were not going to warrenty it.( I didn't say anything about the cat recall cause i thought they'd aready no about, and after they said that they weren't going to do anything about it i just got mad and forgot). I said i don't think so my cat is broken and its under warrenty, hes says to call gm customer care so i do. They asked all my info then talks to the advisor and the manager. After that the gm customer care guy tells me he will talk to the regional manager or i think he said dcm?. So now back to the advisor. He says so you owe $40. I said excuse me, he says ya for the diagnostic, i said i knew what the probem was. I am not paying for it. He went and talked to another manager and i ended up not having to paying for it. Well having it checked out and after the advisor keeps saying "i don't even know if they'd warrenty it since it have a different muffler". All i have done is cut out my res and have a magnaflow muffler. I told him it wouldn't matter it's behind the cat.

Today april 15, I get a call back for the customer care guy. He says that they will do a back pressure test on my car. So basicly if its fine they won't replace the cat, if it's not they will, which is bs. Finaly i remeber to tell him about the recall letter, which i thought they would already know about it. But apparently they don't , not even the dealership. I go telling him about that, he finds it then tells me he will get back to me tomorrow on the 16th. so i have not taken it for a back pressure test yet, just waiting for his next phone call.

Any suggestions, Im like not even a month over my bumper to bumper. So thats why they won't cover it.

Thanks, Brad
Old 04-15-2010, 05:54 AM

Wow, sounds like they don't like to actually work on tha car unless they are whipped to death. Good luck with that situation bro. Keep us informed, u might just save others a load of BS and runn'n around once u find who will solve this.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
call gm and complain thats basically all u can do ..although that won't do **** for u because last time i called the bitch lady basically said as long as they try to fix it despite how many times u have to go back its not their problem..only if they refuse to work on it basically even if really what they're doing is sitting there doing nothing and then say they did something and give it back to u after tehy clear a code or something
Old 04-15-2010, 03:23 PM

april 15, 12:00 noon, just got a call from gm customer care. They said because i have no res and a diff muffler they will do nothing for me right now, and basicly voids the warrenty on the cat. He said when i get a cel for the cat they would replace it under a good will gesture, and have to sign something saying saying i made the problem but they will fix it out of the goodness of there hearts.lol. so i guess im fucked. GM sucks *****. but i guess im either going highflow or catless.

also where should i get my stage 2 done. should i do it myself with friends or get it done professionaly, im just a little scared of doing it myself. my cars my daily driver so i need it. and im a little weary about getting it tuned.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Disconect your O2 sensor...
Start/run your car till the engine light comes on.
Take it to the dealer,
Reconnect it before they see it