Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

Delivery Arrived!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 06:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Delivery Arrived!!

Postal Service showed up with my delivery today; originally went online to order a buffer and buffing pads...ended up with all this in the long run . Ordered it from EShine Canada and they threw in two extra mini hydrator drying towels free of charge! Just in time for me to overhaul the car following the winter too; now I just have to set aside the time to detail this thing right start to finish.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:47 PM

Grit Guards are a good idea! What products do you have?
Old 03-24-2010, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by kplaya186
Grit Guards are a good idea! What products do you have?
Ya I saw them, looked at my paint and thought "hell why not it can't hurt". Right now, all Turbo Wax products which I still swear by today and others have picked up as a result of seeing my car, and that's when it was done by hand! I also picked up a clay bar kit from Meguiars and some 5G buckets (2) last week so this year I'm completely ready to go to do this car right (black, bah!)

The swirls aren't severe enough to require a compound so I'm going to see how their swirl remover works first. There are a few marks I'll be testing out with the orange pad + swirl remover but I have a gutt feeling are going to need a light compounding to resolve. I'll start simple and work my way up from there but with the 1000w working lights I picked up on sale this week at least I won't have a problem seeing my work as I go; those things are going to give me a sweet tan in the process!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:00 PM

what compound/polish you plan to use? I found after I got mine the 7424 is a very limited buffer. Looking back I wish I got the flex.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Rydis
what compound/polish you plan to use? I found after I got mine the 7424 is a very limited buffer. Looking back I wish I got the flex.
If I have to go so far as compounding I'm going to have to do a severe amount of research before making a decision. Being a black car I'm super concerned with a compound I'll hose something up; TW swirl remover is a very very light abrasive (can feel it when rubbing between your fingers but nothing super harsh) and overall my surface is in good condition.

If I move to a compound (which I'm sure at least 2 or 3 places will require) I'll be shitting bricks the whole time but Stu has lots of good posts on here I plan to refer to in the event I need to go this far. I'll also contact the company I purchased the supplies from to ask for their thoughts since they deal in Pinnacle products to see how they evaluate my surface . Hope is I don't have to; baby steps for me this is primarily to fix up the shitfest of swirls the dealership's "vehicle car" left on my paint not go for immediate perfection out the gate .
Old 03-27-2010, 10:39 AM

Looks good! If you need to go with a compound, I'd try Meguiar's Ultimate Compound. Most of the time it finishes LSP ready.

Here is a thread with pictures from somebody new to a DA and used Ultimate Compound for the first time:

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...light=compound

Meguiar's M105 and M205 are also amazing polishes.
Old 03-27-2010, 11:41 AM

Just make sure, if you go the 105, 205 route, you get the new formula. The old one isn't really workable with a 7424
Old 03-27-2010, 12:40 PM

Where can i find one of the red things? lol i dont even know what its called.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by DjJoeski87
Where can i find one of the red things? lol i dont even know what its called.
Since you're in the US check autogeek.net and search under washing for "grit guard" . The idea is you rub the wash mitt on them and it stops you from disturbing the water at the bottom of the bucket where the heavy grit will settle to. Anyone this side of the border looking for the same I'd highly recommend E-Shine Canada. Fair prices, quick service and will answer any questions you have promptly prior to purchasing.

Thanks to the rest for your comments and suggestions. I bought out the burning sun...I mean working light today to change my winters to summers and cringed when I saw the reflection on my passenger side door panel where a dog used it as a scratching post. Not as bad as I thought and the swirl removal should resolve it, but those lights unveil the ugly blemishes in the paint...yuck