Redline Goods CobaltSS.net Supporting Vednor.

Bad experience: Was shipped wrong product, owner refuses to make it right

Old 09-01-2015, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After lots of back and forth and lots of patience, I guess I have no choice but to make my complaint public.

Back in mid-June I ordered a new shift boot for my Cobalt SS, as well as an e-brake boot for a Momo handle. I explicitly specified this during checkout. In fact, the checkout system doesn't let you proceed unless you do.

What I received was a shift boot for a non-SS Cobalt, and an e-brake boot for the stock e-brake.

I contacted them to get this taken care of, but Maciek (Mike), the owner, insisted that the mistake was mine and that I did not provide specifics in the comment box at checkout. After pointing out that his checkout system makes it impossible not to, Mike accused that I likely "entered a space in the comment and nothing more than that". Mike said that he would only exchange them if I shipped them back to Poland at my own expense.

I then called their hotline and spoke to Jesse, who was very polite and attempted to be more helpful by promising to mail a shipping label for me to return the incorrect items, but after a great deal of waiting, that shipping label never arrived.

All I want is what I paid for and NOT to have to suffer additional fees for this to be made right. I'm also rather livid at RedlineGoods' insistence that this is somehow my fault.

Jesse, if you read this, contact me. If we can get this fixed I'll retract this message.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got a boot from them and now I'm scared it won't fit. I guess I'll find out soon enough.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
I got my boot from them and no problems whatsoever took awhile to get there but everything came out perfectly
Old 09-02-2015, 07:34 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
I've never had an issue with these guys. I love my alcantara shift and ebrake boots.

That's redic that they won't at least allow you to return it. I guess cuz they are custom made to the customers liking.

Last edited by Staged07SS; 09-02-2015 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
That is kind rediculous.. Ive had 4 great experiences with them besides the obvious waiting times. If it doesnt cost a crap ton to ship i would honestly let bygones be bygones and ship the stuff to them. Its probably because they will never sell what you are returning... Which depending how the story really goes could be their fault or yours.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:42 AM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
Doesn't Redline goods have a satisfied policy?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:49 AM
Premium Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Auto parts from

Poland?
Old 09-02-2015, 09:52 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by mr bill
Auto parts from

Poland?
They are a good company, and make top notch shifter and e-brake boots for our cars.

Why does it matter if it's from Poland. More than half of you purchase parts from China for these cars on E-bay.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Received 39 Likes on 37 Posts
where the item comes from makes no difference on quality. you would be surprised.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:13 AM
Premium Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
When I think of something from Poland I think of Kielbasa
Old 09-02-2015, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by riceburner
That is kind rediculous.. Ive had 4 great experiences with them besides the obvious waiting times. If it doesnt cost a crap ton to ship i would honestly let bygones be bygones and ship the stuff to them. Its probably because they will never sell what you are returning... Which depending how the story really goes could be their fault or yours.
Yeah, basically it came down to pointing fingers at each other. I know exactly what I entered in the additional details box when I purchased it, and the system doesn't allow me not to. However, for whatever reason he didn't receive that data. Mike dug in, and I dug in.

The owner is in Poland and makes his products there, or so I understand. The package I received came from Poland as well. Doesn't matter to me, unless I'm being asked to ship it all the way back there on my dime through no fault of mine.

Jesse runs the office in the states, and even he was baffled as to why Mike didn't suggest I ship my returns there instead. In any case, Jesse just sent me a shipping label, so hopefully I'll be able to say this has a satisfied ending once I either get the correct items or a refund.

As for them being able to resell what I'm returning, what I received was stock black, no custom work at all. Rather generic, so I don't think he'll have much trouble finding another buyer.

Last edited by XStylus; 09-02-2015 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:49 AM
South Central *********

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by XStylus
After lots of back and forth and lots of patience, I guess I have no choice but to make my complaint public.

Back in mid-June I ordered a new shift boot for my Cobalt SS, as well as an e-brake boot for a Momo handle. I explicitly specified this during checkout. In fact, the checkout system doesn't let you proceed unless you do.

What I received was a shift boot for a non-SS Cobalt, and an e-brake boot for the stock e-brake.

I contacted them to get this taken care of, but Maciek (Mike), the owner, insisted that the mistake was mine and that I did not provide specifics in the comment box at checkout. After pointing out that his checkout system makes it impossible not to, Mike accused that I likely "entered a space in the comment and nothing more than that". Mike said that he would only exchange them if I shipped them back to Poland at my own expense.

I then called their hotline and spoke to Jesse, who was very polite and attempted to be more helpful by promising to mail a shipping label for me to return the incorrect items, but after a great deal of waiting, that shipping label never arrived.

All I want is what I paid for and NOT to have to suffer additional fees for this to be made right. I'm also rather livid at RedlineGoods' insistence that this is somehow my fault.

Jesse, if you read this, contact me. If we can get this fixed I'll retract this message.
RedlineGoods is really easy to work with, most product exchanges require you to cover return shipping
Old 09-02-2015, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by JapEatr
RedlineGoods is really easy to work with, most product exchanges require you to cover return shipping
if they send you the wrong parts? in what way would that make sense? loose money over THIER error?
Old 09-02-2015, 02:27 PM

Received 84 Likes on 69 Posts
Do you have proof, your receipt, that you entered the information correctly?
Old 09-02-2015, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by blueLNFftw
Do you have proof, your receipt, that you entered the information correctly?
And that's the problem. I looked on my receipt after I made my purchase and there wasn't a comments section at all. Some vendors put your comments on the receipt, whereas on others they're kept as an internal record and aren't shown on the receipt.

If there was an area that showed "Comments: [BLANK]" I would've been suspicious and had said something.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:09 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't remember if I said I was turbo or not, now I'm worried.... You'd think they'd make you put something if it makes a difference, otherwise how do they decide which size to make?
Old 09-03-2015, 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by footballplaya3k
I don't remember if I said I was turbo or not, now I'm worried.... You'd think they'd make you put something if it makes a difference, otherwise how do they decide which size to make?
They do make you put something. You can't complete the checkout without putting something in the comments stating the specifics of your car. If you stated that yours is an SS that should be good enough. The SC and the TC use the same boot. The non-SS models use a much smaller boot that won't fit.

I'm told that the receipt you were emailed should have the comments you entered. Check yours. If it doesn't, I dunno if that's a bad sign or not. Maybe someone here who had a better experience can check their own receipts and let us know if they actually do have their instructions comments on them.

Last edited by XStylus; 09-03-2015 at 03:25 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:30 AM

yeah, I think others should look into this. so we maybe we can determine whose fault it was. to avoid in the future, or make redlines website spit out the right info on the orders...