Show & Shine Detailing, washing, waxing, paint care, wax, etc.

getting scratches out

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hatrickstu
ok so you have no admitted you use turtle wax because of its amazing advertising techniques, admitted you dont really know anything about detailing because your inlaw does it, wax it once a year, and that you wax your car by hand. you my friend have no reason to be argueing with anyone about detailing
no i dont use it because of the advertising, but if we didnt follow advertising then no one would use anyones products. "my friend"

but it's also not my lifes ambitions 2 argue with people about what they know works all because i think i know more than everybody about such a small ultimately unimportant subject on a website forum.

you took this discussion to the next level all for the sake of arguing like mentioned before, haha go get laid "my friend"

its about setting people straight when looking for a way to fix their problem. what would be the point in not voicing your opinion when someone is wrong on a forum?
how am i wrong by using a product i know works? LMAO

and i mentioned earlier in the post that he should use scratch doctor which is a product i know works for scratches come off your relatively small high horse

Last edited by Mnatvyc1223; 06-09-2008 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-09-2008, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mnatvyc1223
no i dont use it because of the advertising, but if we didnt follow advertising then no one would use anyones products. "my friend"

but it's also not my lifes ambitions 2 argue with people about what they know works all because i think i know more than everybody about such a small ultimately unimportant subject on a website forum.

you took this discussion to the next level all for the sake of arguing like mentioned before, haha go get laid "my friend"
your right lets just offer the wrong advice to everyone looking for solutions to specific problems. why not bring up recent lays too? oh well i guess some people take being wrong alot harder than others. im sure your paint is in perfect condition, PLEASE post a pic in some sun and ill gladly tear you a new one
Old 06-09-2008, 01:23 AM

your right lets just offer the wrong advice to everyone looking for solutions to specific problems. why not bring up recent lays too? oh well i guess some people take being wrong alot harder than others
i offered him 2 solution 2 his problem, which by the way he still hasnt mentioned how BAD the scratches are, so you dont know whether the clay bar which works for small scratches will infact work.

and BTW sorry to the OP for my help in this THREADJACKING
Old 06-09-2008, 01:24 AM

i offered him 2 solution 2 his problem, which by the way he still hasnt mentioned how BAD the scratches are, so you dont know whether the clay bar which works for small scratches will infact work.

and BTW sorry to the OP for my help in this THREADJACKING
im you would like to continue this discussion feel free to start a new thread and i will show you the light

OP, again, find someone experienced with buffing paint and have them compound it as need be, polish it out, and finish it off
Old 06-09-2008, 01:25 AM

your right lets just offer the wrong advice to everyone looking for solutions to specific problems. why not bring up recent lays too? oh well i guess some people take being wrong alot harder than others. im sure your paint is in perfect condition, PLEASE post a pic in some sun and ill gladly tear you a new one

im you would like to continue this discussion feel free to start a new thread and i will show you the light
lmao, i could care less about my paint since it's fucked from some ******* and his keys PAINT JOB!!!

Last edited by Mnatvyc1223; 06-09-2008 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Banned

this is one hell of an entertaining thread.... although irrelevant to scratches for the most part.

Try 3M scratch remover if you cant feel the scratch depth, otherwise take it to a proffesional.

Liquid clay also fixes dents done by crack babies

/sarcasm
Old 06-09-2008, 02:50 PM

Like someone mentioned before, if you can take a photograph and post it up, we'll be better able to steer you in the right direction.

Have you done anything to it so far? Perhaps you should have a reputable detail shop have a look at it.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:01 PM

i will take a photo when i get home and make a new thread so there isnt so much clutter..
Old 06-09-2008, 08:53 PM
Banned

WHAT??? you mean to tell me the autozone down the street doesnt sell the best detailing products known to mankind????
They sure do. Haven't you seen those Tutle Wax ultimate detailing chalenge commercials where you can use one ice product on you exterior or interior? That stuff puts those fancy detailer products to shame.

For the last freaking time, claybars do NOT remove scratches. I thought you said you were aware of this earlier.

To the OP, don't waste your time with the turd wax and other garbage products. Get a DA polisher and do it yourself.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:10 PM

LMAO, i didnt know about it until YOU mentioned it. please bro. i detail cars nearly every day, ive heard of this and know its not worth a ****.

another question, how do you apply wax?
im goin to bud in here real quick.. that really contradicted itself.. you said u never heard of it then you said you've heard of it and its ****.. yea doesnt make sense. so your gettin on this dudes back because hes trying to give his helpful opinion(ON SOMETHING HE ACTUALLY USED) but your the only one thats right you detailing god you... for the average person who details hes saying this does just as good of a job. jesus your pissin me off just because your actin like you know every little thing, what seams to amaze me is that you even know how good products are before you even try... and where were you trying to get at when you said how do you apply wax? i believe myself, this guy and %99 of the other ppl on this site apply it by hand, who the **** cares, it does the job.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
im goin to bud in here real quick.. that really contradicted itself.. you said u never heard of it then you said you've heard of it and its ****.. yea doesnt make sense. so your gettin on this dudes back because hes trying to give his helpful opinion(ON SOMETHING HE ACTUALLY USED) but your the only one thats right you detailing god you... for the average person who details hes saying this does just as good of a job. jesus your pissin me off just because your actin like you know every little thing, what seams to amaze me is that you even know how good products are before you even try... and where were you trying to get at when you said how do you apply wax? i believe myself, this guy and %99 of the other ppl on this site apply it by hand, who the **** cares, it does the job.
im not going to even bother tearing apart this post. back to painting the headlights i go
Old 06-09-2008, 09:37 PM

im not going to even bother tearing apart this post. back to painting the headlights i go
lol fine with me.. it just seems like your taking the detailing thing a little too serious just over a reccomendation someone made
Old 06-09-2008, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1
lol fine with me.. it just seems like your taking the detailing thing a little too serious just over a reccomendation someone made
so you are saying the people with more experience should just sit back and not offer the OP when bad advice is given? that makes sense
Old 06-09-2008, 09:53 PM

so you are saying the people with more experience should just sit back and not offer the OP when bad advice is given? that makes sense
no but have some facts.. youve never even used it and u started bitchin actin like you know exactly how ever little things works when you havnt even used it.. just because its turtle and over the counter **** doesnt mean it cant do the job.. It may not be the BEST but it could actually be better if someone does know how to use a regular Clay Bar correcty.. i just hate to see when ppl dont respect others opinions just becasue they dont agree.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Banned

Here we go with the magical clay bar **** again... I'm sure he has heard of the ice "clay bar" before, and it was just sarcasm.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by 05redline
Here we go with the magical clay bar **** again... I'm sure he has heard of the ice "clay bar" before, and it was just sarcasm.
sarcasm, i havent heard of that either?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:09 PM

if i could get your credit card number, expiration date, and 3 digit code, i can tell what type of scratches came from your card... and then i can give you the perfect solution...
Old 06-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Banned

sarcasm, i havent heard of that either?
I think it's a new product in the turtle wax ice lineup.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:57 PM

I think it's a new product in the turtle wax ice lineup.
haha, well done sir well done
Old 06-10-2008, 01:28 AM

who said i was giving bad advice except you? ur a ****** tard. way to over analyze things before you even know the situation.

i believe a clay bar does remove swirlmarks from your paint, are these not scratches? i believe they are. obviously it's not the only thing a claybar does, but it's one of the great things it is used for.

They sure do. Haven't you seen those Tutle Wax ultimate detailing chalenge commercials where you can use one ice product on you exterior or interior? That stuff puts those fancy detailer products to shame.

For the last freaking time, claybars do NOT remove scratches. I thought you said you were aware of this earlier.

To the OP, don't waste your time with the turd wax and other garbage products. Get a DA polisher and do it yourself.
you have gt to be fukin kidding me...

Last edited by Mnatvyc1223; 06-10-2008 at 01:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-10-2008, 01:31 AM

claybars do not remove swirls, they pull **** out of the paint so that you can have a bare paint service with no contaminants to work on
Old 06-10-2008, 01:35 AM

claybars do not remove swirls, they pull **** out of the paint so that you can have a bare paint service with no contaminants to work on
god you are all knowing... i want to be just like you!

and i'm gonna stick to the liquid claybar thing, after using it my paint looked perfect, no visible swirls or blemishes... so your gonna tell me once again i'm lying? jeesus dood, if i lived closer i'd slap you in the face with the bottle...
Old 06-10-2008, 01:37 AM

god you are all knowing... i want to be just like you!

and i'm gonna stick to the liquid claybar thing, after using it my paint looked perfect, no visible swirls or blemishes... so your gonna tell me once again i'm lying? jeesus dood, if i lived closer i'd slap you in the face with the bottle...
and if you lived closer id bring a light over, put it on your paint, show you the swirls, and laugh in your face
Old 06-10-2008, 01:40 AM

and if you lived closer id bring a light over, put it on your paint, show you the swirls, and laugh in your face
ok...

anyways theres no point in arguing with a brick wall

tell these people what you want for no real benefit other than to try and amp yourself up with products that are way to expensive for the simple job that cheaper products do...
Old 06-10-2008, 01:44 AM

ok...

anyways theres no point in arguing with a brick wall

tell these people what you want for no real benefit other than to try and amp yourself up with products that are way to expensive for the simple job that cheaper products do...
k feel free to come back when you know something about detailing car, kthnxbi

Quick Reply: getting scratches out